Options

Windows Recovery

jojojojo Posts: 645
edited August 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
ok so I had to reinstall windows cause my computer just i don't know had a stroke or something, anyways I am missing a bunch of stuff, all my programs aren't where they're supposed to be and I can't find any of my digital pictures. I tried searching for pics and mpegs and bmps with no luck, I'm pretty sure that they are in my hard drive somehwere cause I still have 60 gigs of my hard drive full. Any one have any thoughts on what I should do??

Thanx
Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jojo wrote:
    ok so I had to reinstall windows cause my computer just i don't know had a stroke or something, anyways I am missing a bunch of stuff, all my programs aren't where they're supposed to be and I can't find any of my digital pictures. I tried searching for pics and mpegs and bmps with no luck, I'm pretty sure that they are in my hard drive somehwere cause I still have 60 gigs of my hard drive full. Any one have any thoughts on what I should do??

Thanx

If you reinstalled windows everything would be gone unless you backed it up on disc... sorry...
    Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.
  • Options
    If you reinstalled windows everything would be gone unless you backed it up on disc... sorry...

This is so not true. I've reinstalled windows several times and my stuff is always still here. The only way to lose it is if you do a clean boot which I don't think this person did. Just reinstalling windows will not clear out your computer.
    I got a plan
  • Options
    i found all my itunes and mp3s that's why I think that my pictures are hiding somewhere or have been redirected
  • Options
    jojo wrote:
    i found all my itunes and mp3s that's why I think that my pictures are hiding somewhere or have been redirected

How did you find them?
    I got a plan
  • Options
    i just serched through all the user files on the c drive
    it took me hours to finally find them but still no luck with my pictures I have tried searching for all files .jpgs .bmp etc but I haven't come up with any thing yet
  • Options
    Jeez. I don't know what to tell you.

good luck
    I got a plan
  • Options
    in windows search, click on files and folders, down to more advanced options, check search hidden files and folders, go back and type in *.Jpg for the filename or maybe (a bit of the filename)*.jpg and search for that.
  • Options
    in windows search, click on files and folders, down to more advanced options, check search hidden files and folders, go back and type in *.Jpg for the filename or maybe (a bit of the filename)*.jpg and search for that.

i think I've tried that but I will again
    thanx for the idea
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    do you have more than one partition on your hard drive? what file format is your C: drive formatted to - NTFS or FAT32? it could be that your missing files are on an NTFS partition and you your c: drive (where you installed windows) is formatted with the FAT32 file system...if this were true, you would not be able to "see" the NTFS partition or any of the files on it.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    do you have more than one partition on your hard drive? what file format is your C: drive formatted to - NTFS or FAT32? it could be that your missing files are on an NTFS partition and you your c: drive (where you installed windows) is formatted with the FAT32 file system...if this were true, you would not be able to "see" the NTFS partition or any of the files on it.

ds

not sure if i have more than one partiition, how would I tell?

formatted to NTFS (not that I know what that means)

I have 5.46 gigs available of 74.5 this is what leads me to believe that there in there somewhere

thanx for all the help guys :D