Options

does the site have financial problems?

wavin_goodbyewavin_goodbye Posts: 135
edited July 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
i just don't get why there are so many problems.. it goes through really slow periods, or it just brings up that error screen. is it because the budget isn't big enough to get a decent server/upgrade? i'm sure plenty of people here would be willing to chip in a few bucks a month if it meant speed improvements.. either that or take a buck or two from those concert tickets ;) .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i've got a nickel i'll kick in right now.
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    I'd subscribe to the site. But I doubt they'd ever ask that of us.
  • Options
    VacantVacant Posts: 50
    I wouldn't necessarily think they have financial issues, but the budget, I can imagine, is limited. With all the announcements and such, more and more people are logging on, causing the site to be more slow. That could be a reason the poll option bit the dust...too many pointless polls taking up precious server space. IMHO, of course.
    --Evenflow Psycho #0019--

Back after a 3 year personal hiatus!
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    i just don't get why there are so many problems.. it goes through really slow periods, or it just brings up that error screen. is it because the budget isn't big enough to get a decent server/upgrade? i'm sure plenty of people here would be willing to chip in a few bucks a month if it meant speed improvements.. either that or take a buck or two from those concert tickets ;) .

LOL. The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Microsoft Windows has as many, if not more, problems as this BBS does...Microsoft has more money that you can shake a stick at...it's (probably) not a dinero issue.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101

servers have issues sometimes and increased traffic can do that. Especialy if this site is on a shared server or the server is under maintance for upgrades etc. Finances have nothing to do with that.
  • Options
    if there are errors or problems and the current people don't have time or whatever.. maybe someone should be hired to smoothen things out. i just find it weird that a rich band like PJ has such a poorly maintained bbs..
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 150
    DarkStar wrote:
    LOL. The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Microsoft Windows has as many, if not more, problems as this BBS does...Microsoft has more money that you can shake a stick at...it's (probably) not a dinero issue.

ds

You still using Windows 95? ; P
    rock musik rockar röv.