Options

Disc Burning woes

armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
edited July 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
So I open a brand new, blank CD-RW, put it in my CD-RW drive. Open iTunes, create a playlist of MP3's to be burned as an audio disc. I press burn disc, it goes through each song and says 'initializing' (good so far) but as soon as its done 'initializing' it says 'cancelling disc burn', ejects it, and then gives me a prompt that says "The disc is locked and cannot be written to." I've gone through this with about three blank discs. Can anyone help me out?
Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    try poking around the message board below...if you can't find an answer/fix, you could aways try registering and asking your question:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@743.RuZwa6LtTRc.1@.68a5059f

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Didn't help much since I don't own a mac and therefore can't register. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Didn't help much since I don't own a mac and therefore can't register. Thanks anyway.

a.) the forum i posted was for Windows users (hence the name: iTunes for Windows).

b.) you don't have to own a mac to register: https://myinfo.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyInfo.woa

How Do I Create My Account?
    If you have never had an Apple ID for the Apple Store or for the AppleCare support website you can click on this link to go to the AppleCare sign-in page. Click the New Account button on the sign-in page. Enter your email address, which will become your account Apple ID, and all of the other required fields (fields marked with * are required). Your web browser must have javascript and cookies enabled. Most browsers are set up this way. If you need to enable javascript and cookies, go to your browser preferences and make the necessary modifications. You can also create a new account at the Apple Store for your country—in your local language.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I'm not very tech savvy here, but when i buy disc to burn i usually buy CD-R not CD-RW...... Is there a difference? I never have a problem with my itunes or my burner using those..... They may be the same though like i said i'm not too bright on that stuff
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm not very tech savvy here, but when i buy disc to burn i usually buy CD-R not CD-RW...... Is there a difference? I never have a problem with my itunes or my burner using those..... They may be the same though like i said i'm not too bright on that stuff

Yeah, there is a big difference. If you burn to CD-RW, you can overwrite the files at will, unless you finalize the disc, that means your done with it and it's locked in a sense. Horrible to burn MP3's on as usually they won't be recognized as an audio cd in most cd players. CD-R's are much better as they can only be written to once and they are almost always finalized. If they aren't, they can't be used again. Burn once = CD-R, Burn more than once = CD-RW.
  • Options
    RatsRats Posts: 15
    Before I can write anything to a cdrw I have to format it.

Maybe if you tried formatting your cdrw first it might work.

Just a suggestion
    Rats
    Like Pilate I have a dog
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Rats wrote:
    Before I can write anything to a cdrw I have to format it.

Maybe if you tried formatting your cdrw first it might work.

Just a suggestion
    Rats

oMG its you Rats!!! how are ya??? hope everything is going great your way!!!
    thanks again for all your generousity and help!!!...~

:)

always,
    'tone
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    I got them burned.. apparentely CD-R's work and CD-RW's don't.