Options

Ten Club Member Statisics

SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
edited August 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
I first posted this in "The Porch" but don't feel like bumping every 10 minutes to keep it on the first viewable page...

I've always wanted to know the number of active US or International 10C members, as well as where my number (208XXX) fits in, and also a US state by state 10C breakdown.

So I e-mailed info@tenclub.net to see if they'd enlighten me.

What are the odds I can get this type of information?

Just curious, and I'm sure SOME of you other 10C members would like to be privy to that updated info every year around your renewal time as well.

I'd like to make a suggestion to add this info in one of the newsletters, or perhaps they could e-mail us all a nice Excel Spreadsheet!

I know that's asking a lot, but it would be very cool, AND GOOD TO KNOW WHERE WE STAND AS FAR AS SENIORITY WITH EACH PASSING YEAR.

IS THAT BETTER JOEJOEJOE??? :)
19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    Spartancus wrote:
    I first posted this in "The Porch" but don't feel like bumping every 10 minutes to keep it on the first viewable page...

I've always wanted to know the number of active US or International 10C members, as well as where my number (208XXX) fits in, and also a US state by state 10C breakdown.

So I e-mailed info@tenclub.net to see if they'd enlighten me.

What are the odds I can get this type of information?

Just curious, and I'm sure all you other 10C members would like to be privy to that updated info every year around your renewal time as well.

I'd like to make a suggestion to add this info in one of the newsletters, or perhaps they could e-mail us all a nice Excel Spreadsheet!

I know that's asking a lot, but it would be very cool, and as members, we have the right to know...especially since the price increased $5 since the last time I renewed.

Thanks.

How can you speak for everyone in saying all other 10C members would like to be privy to the information. What gives us the right to know the membership demographics......we have the choice to either renew or not renew.

Why not spend the time badgering the Government for a state-by-state breakdown of those killed in the war.

Have a look at the 10c seat breakdown on touringfans.com......hopefully that will give you a valid idea of the information you desire.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How can you speak for everyone in saying all other 10C members would like to be privy to the information. What gives us the right to know the membership demographics......we have the choice to either renew or not renew.

Why not spend the time badgering the Government for a state-by-state breakdown of those killed in the war.

Have a look at the 10c seat breakdown on touringfans.com......hopefully that will give you a valid idea of the information you desire.

I knew I should have edited out that "we have a right to know" stuff for all you sensitive types out there. I'm not trying to be pushy...but when I pay $20 a year for ANYTHING I believe it's my right to know a little about the club I've enrolled in, including membership statistics. I don't need a gender, sexual preference, religion breakdown...just the basic numbers.

And I'm not speaking for you Joe...just me. But yes, I'd probably share the info because I'm a good guy, and because I'm sure a lot of people are interested about that very basic information that I've never seen on any message boards (don't let my 20 posts deceive you) for years and years.

I don't care about a breakdown of those killed in war, unless it's listing how many of "them" we got. Why don't you be a gem and research that for me JoeJoe? Thanks.

I will check that site out, but at first glance I don't think it will answer all my questions.

Oh, and Joe...switch to decaf...and take up smoking again while you're at it.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    I knew I should have edited out that "we have a right to know" stuff for all you sensitive types out there. I'm not trying to be pushy...but when I pay $20 a year for ANYTHING I believe it's my right to know a little about the club I've enrolled in, including membership statistics. I don't need a gender, sexual preference, religion breakdown...just the basic numbers.

And I'm not speaking for you Joe...just me. But yes, I'd probably share the info because I'm a good guy, and because I'm sure a lot of people are interested about that very basic information that I've never seen on any message boards (don't let my 20 posts deceive you) for years and years.

I don't care about a breakdown of those killed in war, unless it's listing how many of "them" we got. Why don't you be a gem and research that for me JoeJoe? Thanks.

I will check that site out, but at first glance I don't think it will answer all my questions.

Oh, and Joe...switch to decaf...and take up smoking again while you're at it.

Do you bother your credit card company for their demographics when you pay the annual fee?

The 10C isn't exactly the Kiwanis Club, or whatever other club you may feel you are "enrolled in".

No need to switch to decaf, even if I was off coffee, I would still question those who think they are entitled to what may be considered private information.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Do you bother your credit card company for their demographics when you pay the annual fee?

The 10C isn't exactly the Kiwanis Club, or whatever other club you may feel you are "enrolled in".

No need to switch to decaf, even if I was off coffee, I would still question those who think they are entitled to what may be considered private information.

Only morons pay annual fees to credit card companies.

Do you think this is "private information" then? Why? Is PJ afraid that their fan club numbers will be compared to great bands like Good Charlotte who have more current fan club members (hopefully not true, but you never know)??? I would think PJ is more about telling it like it is, and not worrying about the unfortunate people out there who would rather join the fan clubs of Kelly Clarkson or Clay Aiken.
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    Only morons pay annual fees to credit card companies.

I always get them credited to my account, but some airline reward cards require them.

I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking ya, and though it shouldn't bother me, I just get a bit uppity when people try to speak for the whole board, or if people ask too much of a private company.

Joe
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I always get them credited to my account, but some airline reward cards require them.

I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking ya, and though it shouldn't bother me, I just get a bit uppity when people try to speak for the whole board, or if people ask too much of a private company.

Joe

See above post...I accidently sent it out before I was finished.

But really...I'm not speaking for the whole board...but do think that a good number of members would be interested. If not...then they don't have to read it. It's likely that the info will remain a mystery though, so you won't have to worry about it. Are you even an active member by the way? And if so, what does your member number start with? I'd guess that you either have a lot of seniority, or very little seniority to get so "uppity." :)

I've been in for over 5 years, so I'm curious to see where I stack up now.

Later.
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    See above post...I accidently sent it out before I was finished.

But really...I'm not speaking for the whole board...but do think that a good number of members would be interested. If not...then they don't have to read it. It's likely that the info will remain a mystery though, so you won't have to worry about it. Are you even an active member by the way? And if so, what does your member number start with? I'd guess that you either have a lot of seniority, or very little seniority to get so "uppity." :)

I've been in for over 5 years, so I'm curious to see where I stack up now.

Later.

I am sure some members are interested, but I am of the opinion that the 10C employees' time is best used to work on the tour right now. I see people complaining all the time or making "demands", and I fear that one day the powers that be will halt the club and it's perks (mainly tickets) as a result.

I have been a member since 1994, with a 5 digit membership number.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am sure some members are interested, but I am of the opinion that the 10C employees' time is best used to work on the tour right now. I see people complaining all the time or making "demands", and I fear that one day the powers that be will halt the club and it's perks (mainly tickets) as a result.

I have been a member since 1994, with a 5 digit membership number.

Yes, I guess a tour is about to start, huh? Too bad I won't be able to attend this time around. I see your point about complainers, but I didn't intend to sound like I was complaining. Like I said...I thought about removing the "we have the right" (isn't the band into their rights by the way?) part, but I was too lazy...if it makes you happy, I'll go back to my original post and do that.

But I still don't think it's asking too much to know the very basic info of our "club." Hopefully they can take a minute to address that in my e-mail after they're through counting and sorting tickets for our lucky neighbors to the North.

And I guessed right that you were an old-timer (as far as member #)...chill pops (though since I started my Freshmen year in 1991...I probably shouldn't be calling you pops)...the 10C will be around and be as amicable as possible as long as PJ is together.
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    Yes, I guess a tour is about to start, huh? Too bad I won't be able to attend this time around. I see your point about complainers, but I didn't intend to sound like I was complaining. Like I said...I thought about removing the "we have the right" (isn't the band into their rights by the way?) part, but I was too lazy...if it makes you happy, I'll go back to my original post and do that.

But I still don't think it's asking too much to know the very basic info of our "club." Hopefully they can take a minute to address that in my e-mail after they're through counting and sorting tickets for our lucky neighbors to the North.

And I guessed right that you were an old-timer (as far as member #)...chill pops (though since I started my Freshmen year in 1991...I probably shouldn't be calling you pops)...the 10C will be around and be as amicable as possible as long as PJ is together.

Why would you change your origianl post to make me happy...you are entitled to post whatever you please!

Pops??? :) to the youngin's here, we are both old men in our 30's!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why would you change your origianl post to make me happy...you are entitled to post whatever you please!

Pops??? :) to the youngin's here, we are both old men in our 30's!!

Usually I'd say "f-off" but I did think about editing that right after I posted because it sounded a little whiney, though that was not my intent.

Yes...pushing 33 here...but still a kid at heart.
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    Usually I'd say "f-off" but I did think about editing that right after I posted because it sounded a little whiney, though that was not my intent.

Yes...pushing 33 here...but still a kid at heart.

I'm 39, and a CPA, but I am still a kid at heart, thought I have uppity tendencies!