Options

CD Download

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
edited June 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
Someone gave me a concert on CDs that she downloaded. I was able to hear it from my computer thing, but I was not able to listen on my CD player at home. It was not "read." Is it because it has a label on it, or is it because of the format of the disc? What type of CD do I need to download the concerts on my computer, and then play them on my CD player (that I bought in 2000, and is a good CD player) at home? Is it possible? It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't, you know.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    it's probably in .mp3...when you put it in your computer what is the extension of the files? if it's .mp3 or something you will have to convert it to .wav and burn it to a cd to listen to it on your cd player. trader's little helper is a good program to convert music
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    El_Kabong wrote:
    it's probably in .mp3...when you put it in your computer what is the extension of the files? if it's .mp3 or something you will have to convert it to .wav and burn it to a cd to listen to it on your cd player. trader's little helper is a good program to convert music
    Is there a tutorial on the internet?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    You need to find out what programme she used to burn the CD's first. Not all burning programmes are compatible with CD players due to the format they burn it in.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Is there a tutorial on the internet?

not that i know of, i'm sure there are...if you tell me what you're trying to do i might be able to tell you
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    not that i know of, i'm sure there are...if you tell me what you're trying to do i might be able to tell you

Read the first post in this thread :rolleyes:

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Read the first post in this thread :rolleyes:

if you read my 1st reply and her reply to that instead of being a condescending prick you might figure out different things were discussed so it would depend on which she was refering to :rolleyes:
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    I think she wants to know if there's a tutorial on the net that will help her do what you sugggested in your first reply then :rolleyes:

Rockin' out to Creadles