Options

New to bit torrent... going slow on DSL

out of my headout of my head Posts: 59
edited May 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
I just got DSL and it is FAST!... so I tried Bit Torrent for the first time and it is only downloading at about 20KB/s. The upload rate says 5KB/s and it's set at port 6881. It's about 64% done now and seems to actually be slowing down. Is there a way to make it go faster or am I missing something?
myspace.com/curtandres
pearljamguy@gmail.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    The speed of a bit torrent download is determined upon how many people are seeding it....the more people connected to the file the faster the download....the fewer poeple.....or more leachers to seeders ratio...your download will be slow.

I think I explained that correctly.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    dsl...fast!!!

bit torrent.....slow:(
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The speed of a bit torrent download is determined upon how many people are seeding it....the more people connected to the file the faster the download....the fewer poeple.....or more leachers to seeders ratio...your download will be slow.

I think I explained that correctly.

that is the way i have understood it. if you don't mind the computer on all day, set it up before work, when you get home it should be fully downloaded unless your modem stalls like mine does. and by becoming a seeder when the dl is done, you help out other fans by speeding up the downloads for others