Options

quick computer question:

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited June 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
how do you play FLAC files?
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Convert them to WAV files. WMP may have a Flac Codec, but I don't know anything about it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Go here: http://www.winamp.com/player/free.php and download and install Winamp 5.09. Then go here: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=131643 and download and install the FLac plugin for Winamp. Then right click on your Winamp player and go to Options --> Preferences --> File Types and select All.
  • Options
    ok thanks for the help. heres another question:

is it possible to burn FLAC files to a disc?
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Yes. Some people will recommend a program called FLAC Frontend, which I haven't checked out. But if you've got Nero for burning CDs, you can get a FLAC plug-in for it here:

http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/
  • Options
    ok thanks for the info.

I dont have NERO so i'll just keep looking around. Some people recomended stuff like BURRRN etc.
  • Options
    goddamn flac files.

Heres another dillemma - I need to be able to send these mp3's to myself so i can burn them on my other computer, because the one I have BT on doesnt have a burner.

Is there any way i can just convert the FLAC's to MP3's so i can send them through gmail?

sorry for all the dumb questions. I'm not very computer - savvy.
  • Options
    or hell if theres a way I can email the FLAC files that would be ok too - i just cant seem to send them through GMAIL. any suggestions?