Options

Pal > Ntsc

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited February 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
been thinking about getting a dvd burner for a while...do any play both PAL and NTSC? a lot of times i see dvds that you can only find in PAL format
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I've an HP lightscribe DVD drive. Together with the Sonic MYDVDPlus burner program, it will burn DVDs in PAL and NTSC. Also, the WinDVD program plays both formats fine, for me.
  • Options
    But if you are playing on a standalone player (A DVD Player hooked up to your TV) it won't play PAL if you are in an NTSC zone unless you have a DVD player that can switch between the 2.

In your computer though, it will play fine.

You can convert the video and audio from PAL to NTSC but it's a real bitch.
  • Options

You can convert the video and audio from PAL to NTSC but it's a real bitch.

might you elaborate on the process a bit? I just downloaded a DVD torrent from a recent SA show but have not yet started to figure out how to burn the files so that they play on my NTSC dvd player.

Any links to information would help just as much.

Thanks
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • Options
    If your not a pirate, your pretty much dead in the water unless you want to pay $200+ for software.

If you ARE a pirate, well, there's this handy guide floating around on how to convert it perfectly, but here's a program that might be able to do it:

http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_convertbetween_PAL_NTSC.aspx

Here's a good site where you can ask in their forums, they are really helpful people there: http://www.doom9.org/

If you are really adamant about it, rip the actual movie file (the concert) onto your HDD in XviD then get a program live XvidtoDVD and convert it back onto an NTSC DVD.