firefox help

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,013
edited February 2008 in Technical Stuff and Help
i giving firefox another chance based on what ive been told but i cant adjust the fonts to look right. i really like the font layout i had for IE and when i try those fonts in IE they look to blocky-typewriter-ish.

firefox has more options it looks like to mess with fonts and im not sure what the difference between.

any help or something would be cool cause as it stands firefox is an eyesore and all fonts seem to be too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You probably already knew this but if you go to advanced options on the font tab there is an option to allow web pages to decide its own font selection rather than your own. Make sure that this is unchecked so your font, color, and size selections will show up, otherwise youre going to be looking at the websites predetermined font, color, and size.
  • https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:2/cat:all?show=50&page=2

That's a link to a page on mozilla that has various themes that you can look at if you can't figure out what font you like. They also have add ons you can browse through. Some of them are pretty cool, check em out.
  • i looked through them before, none really catch my eye.

do any of the extensions make it so unused bookmarks are hidden. that was one of the things i liked about IE. i could have lots of bookmarks but only the ones i used recently or alot appear.
  • i looked through them before, none really catch my eye.

do any of the extensions make it so unused bookmarks are hidden. that was one of the things i liked about IE. i could have lots of bookmarks but only the ones i used recently or alot appear.

Im not really sure about that. It's a pain in the ass, but if you've got a lot of bookmarks, worth going through is you can create your own bookmark folders and decide what goes where, in what order. I just did it, it cleans a lot of shit up. Just click on "Bookmarks" then "Organize Bookmarks". From there you have the option to add new folders, sort by name, rename the bookmarks, give the bookmarks descriptions, and add a line separator. A line separator basically puts a line between whichever bookmarks you want, allowing even more organization. I just did this. Took me about half an hour but worth it.
  • Im not really sure about that. It's a pain in the ass, but if you've got a lot of bookmarks, worth going through is you can create your own bookmark folders and decide what goes where, in what order. I just did it, it cleans a lot of shit up. Just click on "Bookmarks" then "Organize Bookmarks". From there you have the option to add new folders, sort by name, rename the bookmarks, give the bookmarks descriptions, and add a line separator. A line separator basically puts a line between whichever bookmarks you want, allowing even more organization. I just did this. Took me about half an hour but worth it.

my stuff is pretty organized like i have all my message boards in one folder every different band etc. but i dont go to every board very often so it sucks when i go to that folder and i get that huge list when i only need to see 3 of them. say with bands and stuff.

i just dont get the hype about firefox this is now my 3rd day using firefox (ive installed it 3 times now too) and for everything i find i like about it i find just as many as i dont or more.
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I've only started with the addons recently [as in last night, haha] and there are some pretty sweet ones. I've got one where i can alt drag a sticky note onto any page and write notes and add tags which i can browse through all those sites and things i've stickied later. Take that Pearl Jam mods! :p:D

And another automatically cites the work on a webpage i'm on if i want. :)
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • my stuff is pretty organized like i have all my message boards in one folder every different band etc. but i dont go to every board very often so it sucks when i go to that folder and i get that huge list when i only need to see 3 of them. say with bands and stuff.

i just dont get the hype about firefox this is now my 3rd day using firefox (ive installed it 3 times now too) and for everything i find i like about it i find just as many as i dont or more.

ah, got ya.

Well, you might want to look at the add ons for firefox at mozilla.com one more time and see if there's something there that could help you out. If not, you might want to go back to IE. Especially if you've had to install it three times. That just sucks. The new IE is pretty cool anyway. Cool new features the older IEs were lacking.
  • gobrowns19 wrote:
    I've only started with the addons recently [as in last night, haha] and there are some pretty sweet ones. I've got one where i can alt drag a sticky note onto any page and write notes and add tags which i can browse through all those sites and things i've stickied later. Take that Pearl Jam mods! :p:D

And another automatically cites the work on a webpage i'm on if i want. :)

Is it called Clipmark or something? I was looking at the add ons last night. There is literally, a shit load.
  • ah, got ya.

Well, you might want to look at the add ons for firefox at mozilla.com one more time and see if there's something there that could help you out. If not, you might want to go back to IE. Especially if you've had to install it three times. That just sucks. The new IE is pretty cool anyway. Cool new features the older IEs were lacking.

ive only installed it 3 times cause i thought id give firefox a chance and i hated it right away and got rid of it. this time im giving it a fair chance and really messing with it but its still not convincing me.
  • JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    ive only installed it 3 times cause i thought id give firefox a chance and i hated it right away and got rid of it. this time im giving it a fair chance and really messing with it but its still not convincing me.
    most of the things that should convince you are behind the screens... it loads pages faster than any of the old IE (not sure about the new one) and the interpretation of html is also a bit different and stuff
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Jamal wrote:
    most of the things that should convince you are behind the screens... it loads pages faster than any of the old IE (not sure about the new one) and the interpretation of html is also a bit different and stuff

those are about the only good things about firefox and the spell check. im starting off this monday with IE the only good browser.

ill wait till firefox 3 comes out but after a week of trying firefox 2 im now convinced its a peice of crap.