Options

Editing Music

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited January 2008 in Technical Stuff and Help
I have NEro 7 which I use for editing clips of movies etc... but what do I use for music?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I use Nero Wave Editor (in Nero 7) for editing music as well.....very easy to use (although I have only used it to chop hidden songs off the ends of certain tracks or to break concert's up into individual tracks)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    if i remember right nero wav only works with wav files. so any mp3 or anything you have to convert first to wav. but i use nero wav editor and it works fine for cutting things apart and all that. i record on an old analog 4-track. so thats all i use nero for really. i dont mess with effects so i dont know if nero really has anything that does that stuff.
  • Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    if i remember right nero wav only works with wav files. so any mp3 or anything you have to convert first to wav. but i use nero wav editor and it works fine for cutting things apart and all that. i record on an old analog 4-track. so thats all i use nero for really. i dont mess with effects so i dont know if nero really has anything that does that stuff.

Nero actually works for most file formats (this is from the online manual)

2.1.1 Supported Formats
    Nero Wave Editor allows you to open the following formats or to save files in these formats:
    �� *.AC3
    �� *.aif, .aiff
    �� *.mp3
    �� *.wma
    �� *.mp4
    �� *.ogg
    �� *.wav, .wave
    �� *.nwf
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    Todd76 wrote:
    Nero actually works for most file formats (this is from the online manual)

2.1.1 Supported Formats
    Nero Wave Editor allows you to open the following formats or to save files in these formats:
    �� *.AC3
    �� *.aif, .aiff
    �� *.mp3
    �� *.wma
    �� *.mp4
    �� *.ogg
    �� *.wav, .wave
    �� *.nwf

i use nero 6 so that might be it. i can save the file as anything, but it will open only wav files. but it does what i need it to.

edit: i guess it does open mp3. must of been one of the updates cause i could swear it use to not work.
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Sorry I was mistaken I only have nero 4. Can I still use it?
  • Options
    fada wrote:
    Sorry I was mistaken I only have nero 4. Can I still use it?

looks like wav editor didnt come until 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_%28computer_software%29#Version_history

there has to be good music editor out there though. maybe try the musician section they might know of something.
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    if your just editing simple music files try audacity , its 100% free

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.