Options

Anyone PodCast?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
edited June 2007 in Technical Stuff and Help
I bought a book, "Podcasting Pocket Guide" which seems really good until the PodCast is created. It doesn't explain how to upload to iTunes, and I went to http://www.ourmedia.org, and it just doesn't get to that point. Once you have a PodCast, and you are ready to share it with the world on iTunes, what do you do?

I don't have the tools, yet, i.e., microphone etc, but I want to get things in motion to have PodCasting abilities by July 1st.

Anyone make and upload PodCasts?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I don't personally, but if you have GarageBand (on a Mac, obviously) it has some great podcasting tools... all you need is an iMic.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    My little book references GarageBand2, but I would still need to use Audacity or Peak for editing. I need a mic/what captures the sound/what edits the sound/what uploads the sound. Is that basically the way to look at it?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    My little book references GarageBand2, but I would still need to use Audacity or Peak for editing. I need a mic/what captures the sound/what edits the sound/what uploads the sound. Is that basically the way to look at it?

stick with audacity, its good enougth

you might want to check this out:

http://revision3.com/systm/podcasting

its a video podcast on how to podcast
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    Duff_Man wrote:
    stick with audacity, its good enougth

you might want to check this out:

http://revision3.com/systm/podcasting

its a video podcast on how to podcast
    Excellent! Thank you. I'll watch it :) I also have 3 more books to read on PodCasting :D
  • Options
    PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
    I host a podcast about Pearl Jam, GivenToCast.com, here's what I use:

1.) Acoustica Mixcraft (It allows to add sounds and recording. Great editing software; well worth the price and not expensive at all.)

2.) I use Twango to upload. It's free and easy to use. NOTE: you may want to save MP3 of podcast at lower setting. for file size purposes.

If you need more help, email me at mario@giventocast.com

Peace!
    "Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
  • Options
    PJTEXAS wrote:
    I host a podcast about Pearl Jam, GivenToCast.com, here's what I use:

1.) Acoustica Mixcraft (It allows to add sounds and recording. Great editing software; well worth the price and not expensive at all.)

2.) I use Twango to upload. It's free and easy to use. NOTE: you may want to save MP3 of podcast at lower setting. for file size purposes.

If you need more help, email me at mario@giventocast.com

Peace!
    Great! Thank you. I probably will email you. I hope to have it going by the Autumn solstice.