Options

DVD Video Converter

Rob89Rob89 Posts: 22
edited February 2007 in Technical Stuff and Help
I got a video ipod over Christmas but I can't get my dvds onto it. Does anyone how to do this for free? I can't buy off the web because I don't have a credit card. Is there any programs I can download for free thatwill let me put my dvds on the ipod?:o

Any help is welcome. I don't have a clue about it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    also if you go on piratebay.org or torrentspy or any other torrent site there are a million programs out there you can download.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    yeah i would recommend videora too

im not sure about using the piratebay, torrentspy or mininova for any 'scene' releases at the moment, the riaa and mpaa have been posting a lot of fake torrents on there recently, so you might want to arm yourself with peerguardian 2 (available at sourceforge)

and maybe installing tor (if your good with networking) from http://tor.eff.org
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    I love slysoft's dvdmobile, but it's not free. You can download the trial version and use it free for 21 days. Full version no weird limits.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    quick question, does anyone know how to get the audio and visual to match up?

i'm using videora and whenever i convert something its ok for about 10 mins or so and then the audio either gets a couple of seconds ahead or behind.

does anyone else have that problem, or know how to fix it?
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I use a Mac and not sure if there is a version for PCs, but:

I use a free program downloaded from Shareware called Instant Handbrake. It's a very simple process where you check off the chapters on the DVD you want converted and then click 'burn.' From there you just drag the new file into iTunes and tag it with any additional information you want for sorting -- you're done. A half-hour show takes about eight or nine minutes to complete. I just burned the first five seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm -- makes the iPod even more valuable! Never had issues with any version of Handbrake on my machine(s).
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    SUPER Video Converter is also a good free program. It can also convert videos downloaded from Youtube, Google Video, etc.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."