4200 Songs gone from iTunes

One Became FiveOne Became Five Posts: 269
edited March 2007 in Technical Stuff and Help
I went into itunes today to listen to some songs while I was working on a class. When I opened itunes everything was gone. Songs still on my ipod but gone from computer. Please advise.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I went into itunes today to listen to some songs while I was working on a class. When I opened itunes everything was gone. Songs still on my ipod but gone from computer. Please advise.

    Search how to put songs from an iPod onto your iTunes (on google). There are bunch of freeware programs out there that can do it. I don't know if there are knew versions of it, but one program is called iPod Agent. And theres also a back door way to get your stuff on, but I'm not sure.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    let me know if you figure it out, I've been trying to do this FOREVER. i bought a software called TunePlus but haven't been able to get it to work
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USAPosts: 4,481
    whatever you do, don't sync when you plug the ipod in to your computer.

    are the lost songs in your recyle bin?
    2d.jpg
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*
    ivykennedy.com
  • thanks to all for your advice. i'm really not sure what to do here. this is unbelievable.
  • BookOneBookOne Posts: 14
    http://www.copypod.net/

    Works great....I've used it several times.
    Aloof, that's all.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    get zen.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    Assuming you are using Windows go to My Documents and My Music and iTunes and see if the files are there. If they are there then import that folder into iTunes.

    If the files are not there DO NOT PLUG IN THE IPOD. Assuming it is set to automatically sync you will lose everything on your iPod. Use one of the solutions above to transfer the files from the iPod to iTunes.
  • BookOneBookOne Posts: 14
    cutback wrote:
    Assuming it is set to automatically sync you will lose everything on your iPod. Use one of the solutions above to transfer the files from the iPod to iTunes.

    I did that once when I first got my iPod. Very frustrating lesson.
    Aloof, that's all.
  • cutback wrote:
    Assuming you are using Windows go to My Documents and My Music and iTunes and see if the files are there. If they are there then import that folder into iTunes.

    If the files are not there DO NOT PLUG IN THE IPOD. Assuming it is set to automatically sync you will lose everything on your iPod. Use one of the solutions above to transfer the files from the iPod to iTunes.

    This is what I did, and I got back 3400 songs. Thank you for your help.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,138
    This is what I did, and I got back 3400 songs. Thank you for your help.

    My pleasure. Hopefully the 800 songs you didn't get back weren't important. :o
  • brain of c wrote:
    get zen.
    Is that the brick-like thing with a screen on it that Microsoft puts out?

    Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • This is what I did, and I got back 3400 songs. Thank you for your help.
    The other 800 songs are probably located elsewhere on your PC. Remember, whatever is displayed in iTunes actually resides elsewhere on your 'puter. In fact, you could delete all of the real MP3 files (don't) and next time you open iTunes it will look like they are still there until you go to play one of them.

    Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • brink wrote:
    Is that the brick-like thing with a screen on it that Microsoft puts out?

    Nope, that's the Zune player. The Zen is made by Creative.
  • Danni CDanni C Posts: 54
    BookOne wrote:
    http://www.copypod.net/

    Works great....I've used it several times.

    This is perfect.. I used it when I lost all mine,

    dont sync your ipod to itunes when you set it up.
Sign In or Register to comment.