Options

LightScribe DVD/CD Burner....anyone got one yet?

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited December 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
My work is buying me one to play with here at work. I don't really need it for work...so it will mainly be for personal use. How cool are they though? They seem like the bees knees of labeling!!

Somewhere I read said that the discs are gold in color and that LightScribe prints in gray scale.....but the website says that New color background discs will be available in 2006. Has anyone used the new color ones?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I've got one in my HP Pavilion ... you mean they burn labels too? Coooooooool! :)
  • Options
    Got mine with my new laptop. I have only burned a couple of discs.
    I love it!!! Burned Gorge I; used a pic from tour photos, it came out sweet.
    It does only burn in grey scale(but really sharp)
    Only complaint would be not enough room to list all tracks on the disc.(for PJ boots)

Didn't know that the color discs were coming out. That rocks.

Will you be able to use the current drives with the color discs?
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    Will you be able to use the current drives with the color discs?
    That is a question I have as well.
  • Options
    I've got one in my HP Pavilion ... you mean they burn labels too? Coooooooool! :)
    Yeah, that is the coolness to the LightScribe from what I can tell!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That is a question I have as well.
    If the color is below the film(cover) they wrap the discs in, then it should work.
    I guess instead of a "grey scale" you would get a "(insert color here) scale".

I'll have to go check em' out when they come out..........

Now I'm excited. Just imagine; green discs for the Green Habit Compilation. SWEET!!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    aNiMaL wrote:
    My work is buying me one to play with here at work. I don't really need it for work...so it will mainly be for personal use. How cool are they though? They seem like the bees knees of labeling!!

Somewhere I read said that the discs are gold in color and that LightScribe prints in gray scale.....but the website says that New color background discs will be available in 2006. Has anyone used the new color ones?
    Wow, I didn't know this existed. I will defiantly pick one of these up. Which one did you get?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    Wow, I didn't know this existed. I will defiantly pick one of these up. Which one did you get?
    I'm not sure. I don't have it yet. Probably get it in a couple days.

I was reading this: http://www.lightscribe.com/gettingstarted/index.aspx?id=85
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Lightscribe is almost 2 years old now.

My guess is that the current drives will not scribe color labels. But that's just a guess.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Lightscribe is almost 2 years old now.

My guess is that the current drives will not scribe color labels. But that's just a guess.

my guess is downloads will be available for free.......like the lightscribe discs i have sent in the mail to pit members for free over the last couple of years.......
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    brain of c wrote:
    my guess is downloads will be available for free.......like the lightscribe discs i have sent in the mail to pit members for free over the last couple of years.......

Well, I took lightscribe training at Hewlett Packard when they first came out, and my understanding was that it wasn't equiped to scribe in color. But, I don't care enough to find out at this point.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Well, I took lightscribe training at Hewlett Packard when they first came out, and my understanding was that it wasn't equiped to scribe in color. But, I don't care enough to find out at this point.
    Thanks for the info. I am a little late to the LightScribe party. :o