Options

why must i sign on twice???

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
anyone else have this issue??? every time i try to sign onto the pit...i check the remember me box...type in my username/password......hit enter....it then pulls up my username and i hit the proceed button. it then promptly takes me back to the opening page...with blank username/pssword boxes...and i have to login again. :o it is very odd, and ever since i have been back, i always have to do this. not a big deal really....just curious....anyone else have to sign in twice to get logged in???
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hey dreamy.

I had log-in problems a while back, not exactly those you mention, but anyway: Sea advised me to manually clear all cookies and then sign in again, checking the remember me box. Never had a problem since.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    pearlwax wrote:
    Hey dreamy.

I had log-in problems a while back, not exactly those you mention, but anyway: Sea advised me to manually clear all cookies and then sign in again, checking the remember me box. Never had a problem since.

try log out ......?

maybe you have internet bird flu from your travels?:eek:
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    try log out ......?

maybe you have internet bird flu from your travels?:eek:

i have logged out, i always do...b/c now i DO use the remember me feature always. if i didn't, this board was a nightmare for me...always logging me off, etc. i haven't cleared cookies, so maybe i'll try that. aw hell, i well ask hubby to do that....b/c i have not a clue. :p hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    If using internet explorer

Tools -> internet options -> clear cookies -> yes -> close browser and re-open
  • Options
    If using internet explorer

Tools -> internet options -> clear cookies -> yes -> close browser and re-open

i'm not. i use msn explorer. i am still having this issue, yes, b/c i haven't asked hubby yet to delete my cookies. why does that sound dirty to me? :p haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    duffyduffy Posts: 74
    mine has been doing that too, just recently. no matter what computer i'm on. just since the AET board came back on. it appears to still be logging us in even tho it looks like its not. log in, then go to your bookmark of the page or click on one of the titles at the top like "pj message pit" or one of the forum titles and you can suddenly see that you are logged in. weird i know.
  • Options
    duffy wrote:
    mine has been doing that too, just recently. no matter what computer i'm on. just since the AET board came back on. it appears to still be logging us in even tho it looks like its not. log in, then go to your bookmark of the page or click on one of the titles at the top like "pj message pit" or one of the forum titles and you can suddenly see that you are logged in. weird i know.

well that is just bizarre.....but somehow, strange or not...it always feels better when someone else shares in the experience. :p hahaha. 'cause, yes...it is still happening. eh well. i have grown accustomed to typing my username/passowrd in twice now. :rolleyes: hey...i am just happy AET is back :D....so if this is my only *issue* here, i'll take it. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...