Options

Ever since the last bbs upgrade...

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited November 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
The board makes me re-login if I'm idle for a few minutes. It never made me do that before.

Also, when you click on "Last Page" on a thread it no longer takes you to the very last post in the thread, just the top post of the last page. It used to take you to the last post in the thread.

That's all I got.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you're right.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The board makes me re-login if I'm idle for a few minutes. It never made me do that before.

Also, when you click on "Last Page" on a thread it no longer takes you to the very last post in the thread, just the top post of the last page. It used to take you to the last post in the thread.

That's all I got.

hmmm...i'm not experiencing the logout issue...board keeps me logged in...last page has always taken me to the top of the last page...i always use the little arrow that points to the right in the Last Post column to go to the last post.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Same problem with the log-out, as I mentioned here before. It's getting pretty rediculous...
  • Options
    ISNISN Posts: 1,700
    it's slightly freaky......but not ultra freaky......hehehehehehe......anyway.......that's what I think......
    ....they're asking me to prove why I should be allowed to stay with my baby in Australia, because I'm mentally ill......and they think I should leave......
  • Options
    just woke up, and realized, i was logged in all night.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
    The “remember me?” option is no longer checked by default. If you want the bbs to keep you logged in please select “remember me?” before you click the “log in” button.
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    The “remember me?” option is no longer checked by default. If you want the bbs to keep you logged in please select “remember me?” before you click the “log in” button.
    Thanks, Sea. That works, I now stay logged in. :)
  • Options
    Sea wrote:

thanks, but that doesn't make a difference
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
    pearlwax wrote:
    thanks, but that doesn't make a difference

Please delete your bbs cookies manually and log in again.
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    Please delete your bbs cookies manually and log in again.

aha, that seems to have done the trick! Thanks!
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I've had so many problems since they did whatever they did, that it has made me not want to even bother to post.
    A friend of mine recently became a member and is having problems too. She called me and said that when she tries to post that she gets a message saying she either has to register, or she has been suspended. She claims she WAS logged in at the time. I looked back and on that date it does indeed show that was her last date of activity, but that is the day she couldn't post. I can't see anything she wrote to get suspended. If she has been, it sure would be nice if they sent you some generic email or PM informing you that you have been suspended. Otherwise how do you know if its that or just the kinks this board now has???

I sure am glad that someone has created that new site to go to now. It just is impossible to use this one any more.
    And all we get for answers is these small measures that really don't solve the problems!!
    I wish Kat and Sea would get it!!! These issues are continuing and all one has to do is look at how much all the forums have slowed down in people posting to see it is because we can't always do it any more!!!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    last page has always taken me to the top of the last page...i always use the little arrow that points to the right in the Last Post column to go to the last post.

ds
    Thats weird because Last Page used to always take me to the last post. Oh well....things change and I now hit the little arrow you suggested. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aNiMaL wrote:

That's all I got.

me too.
    quite frustrating...gggrrrrrr.
    i read what to do about it, but what if i don't want to be *remembered*??? i prefer logging on and off since i share my computer.....so i don't want the remember me feature...so where does that leave me??? shite out of luck i supoose??? or does the remember me feature simply *remember* you after you log on, but won't auto sign-on here when you click the link??? hmmmm......???
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'm getting spat out of the board as I post, yet my post gets posted.
  • Options
    I'm getting spat out of the board as I post, yet my post gets posted.

that's b/c you don't taste good. :P

have you utilized the "remember me?" function when you log on??? seriously, i had the exact same problem you mention, and a whole host of other, equally frustrating, board issues since i returned. however, now that i use the remember me?.....no issues whatsoever.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow