Options

So my sister has mono....

given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
and due to being sick of staying in her apartment, she's driving home to my parents house today for a stay. I think she needs some "mothering" to boot.

But my mom is nutty. She's planning some family adventure for Saturday and wants me to come down and hang. Dinner, drinks & a musical. Hello!!!??? My sister has MONO! First, she's sick. I'm thinking she's not up for a night out. And second, I know you have to injest saliva to get it, but I don't want to be within 60 miles of her!

I had mono in high school. I was sick for almost 3 months. I'm NOT taking the chance of getting it again.

And when I passed on the invite for Saturday, my mom flew off the handle! She thinks I'm being selfish. I, personally, think THEY are being selfish for acting like I'm a big butt head for not wanting to be around sick girl!

Am I being unreasonable???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    If you've had mono before, it is less likely you will get it again.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Yep.. your chances of getting it again are extremely slim (almost nil).
    Your sister will need rest, not activities. But it may be nice having everyone around her for a bit - boost her morale?
  • Options
    Your chances of catching mono from your sister (assuming you're not going to make out with her) are really slim.

Go home and see your family.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    my husband had mono recently. I never got it. It was a lonnnnnnnnng month. But you should be fine.
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    I had mono in college. It sucked. There should be no way that you get it because I've been around people with mono after and I've never got it again.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    My son's college roommate has it right now. He cannot go to classes but meanwhile is infecting the dorm rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Don't make out with her!!!
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Immediately upon entering college I started making out with every girl that I could possibly make out with. Needless to say that I got mono pretty quickly! haha

Best part about it though was that it happened over Christmas break, so I got to stay in bed for a month and play the first Zelda for Nintendo 64.. it had just come out:D Fucking perfect timing!!!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Saturnal wrote:
    Your chances of catching mono from your sister (assuming you're not going to make out with her) are really slim.

Go home and see your family.

if you do.......i want pictures.