Options

Someone hit my car in my parking lot

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night after I got home. All I saw was a regular size large pick up truck. I heard the crash as they backed into my car and drove away!! Smashed my trunk and back fender, and my left tail light was hit so hard the whole box was sitting on the ground.
Crap. Just when you think you think things are good, another $500 out of my pocket because of an inconsiderate prick. I am so pissed. I went out last night for the first time in a while because I'm trying to SAVE MONEY. Watched what I ate and drank so I only spent like $30 and wham. What the hell.
People just plain suck.
I know it's only a car. That I don't care about. I care about someone else costing me $$$$ for being an asshole.
They don't live in my building, so the cop told me to call if they come back. I see the truck here every so often...
Now I have to eat cat food...
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Its gotta suck. I think it has happened to just about everbody some inconsiderate prick hits ur car then does the old bolt. I hope u get the prick and hang him by his balls :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Man that sucks. You gotta bust him next time he shows up.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Don't get it fixed....well maybe the taillight, but let the dents shine. Last few times I was in a fender bender, and it wasn't my fault, I just pocked the insurance money! It pays to get rear-ended (slightly)
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the car is like a million years old so I really only want the taillight fixed.
    So the kid comes back today and parks in the lot like nothing happened so I call Mr. Police and we get all his insurance info. He wants to do it out of pocket, not with his insurance. I feel bad for the guy but what the hell. Fix my car ya dumb ass. I didn't press charges but the cops were pretty stern with him about leaving the accident. I don't want to be a bitch, I just want my car fixed and not have to pay for some else's mistake.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Oh yeah, the car is like a million years old so I really only want the taillight fixed.
    So the kid comes back today and parks in the lot like nothing happened so I call Mr. Police and we get all his insurance info. He wants to do it out of pocket, not with his insurance. I feel bad for the guy but what the hell. Fix my car ya dumb ass. I didn't press charges but the cops were pretty stern with him about leaving the accident. I don't want to be a bitch, I just want my car fixed and not have to pay for some else's mistake.

WOW!!! You actually got the guy???

I stopped getting my car fixed after people dinged it. It seemed to only invite others to do the same.
    It's one of the reasons I stop myself from buying a newer car, because I'm tired of all the selfish pricks out there that hit and run.

That's really lucky you managed to get him. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Same thing happened to me at a Starbucks on Nov.9 last year at around 1130 at night. The person only left a note on my windshield, and the insurance policy number was bogus.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    If the insurance isn't good which the cop told me it was, then I just want him to pay for my tail light. That's mighty nice I think. I am lucky to find the guy, but he doesn't seem too smart. I just put $$ in to fix it at Christmas so I'm relieved to hopefully not have an out of pocket expense.;)
  • Options
    I was in a record store in the town I live in, trying to find some rare Pearl Jam stuff (I grabbed Easy Street and the 97 Xmas Vinyl here), I was in the store maybe 5 minutes, I came out and saw my car up ON the curb. This dumb ass 16 year old was driving, coughed, jerked the wheel and hit my car AND a truck beside me. How much bullshit was that?

http://a17.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/l_e529584fb51d692db171e7d2e0fe7898.jpg

Normally, insurance would pay for a rental car, but here, you have to be 24 to have a rental, and I'm only 19 >.<

So, no car = no job = no money = NO HOUSE.

Couldn't pay rent, now I'm living back with my parents.

The car doesn't look that bad right? Well, the frame was cracked slightly, and that means.. any damage done to the frame = car totaled.

So I have no car, the kids insurance is being slow as hell, it's been 2 1/2 weeks and still no money or anything.

It's amazing how one little thing can turn into such a cluster-fuck and ruin a bunch of stuff for you..
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    SHITE you're WAY too understanding. The fucker drove OFF... only you seen what happened, you'd never have known. That calls for a lot of anger and revenge I'm afraid :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you