Options

More than a memory.

stoneangestoneange Posts: 27
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
One of the most interesting conceptual realities of my life I learned from a Tennessee Williams play.

"Everything in your life is memory."

It means that everything you know - every thought, every action, and every perception – are all memories.

For simple example, as you are reading this very sentence, the word you JUST read – is now a memory. And now this ONE is a memory, and this ONE and so on.

We spend infinitely split nano-seconds actually IN the "present", before it immediately slips into memory.

Why is this important?

It is the magical key to genuine spirituality and truly embracing life. Understanding that the present moment is the ONLY reality. We ride at the absolute crest of the wave, surging relentlessly forward at faster than light-speed.

We LIVE on this thinnest razor edge, when life and reality are a gleaming flame, before the moment is forever consumed by the black hole of memory, fading into the bottomless pit of the "past".

Nothing in that universal vacuum exists any longer.

So what?

So DANCE in the flowering fire of the present!

Flow forward with the ever-moving tide of time!

Let GO, let GO, let GO of the pain and the regret and baggage and FUCKING EVERYTHING that has disappeared in the mist of the "past" and REMEMBER -

EVERYTHING is the "past".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yup.

Kudos for writing that whole post without once quoting Present Tense. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    stoneange wrote:
    One of the most interesting conceptual realities of my life I learned from a Tennessee Williams play.

"Everything in your life is memory."

It means that everything you know - every thought, every action, and every perception – are all memories.

For simple example, as you are reading this very sentence, the word you JUST read – is now a memory. And now this ONE is a memory, and this ONE and so on.

We spend infinitely split nano-seconds actually IN the "present", before it immediately slips into memory.

Why is this important?

It is the magical key to genuine spirituality and truly embracing life. Understanding that the present moment is the ONLY reality. We ride at the absolute crest of the wave, surging relentlessly forward at faster than light-speed.

We LIVE on this thinnest razor edge, when life and reality are a gleaming flame, before the moment is forever consumed by the black hole of memory, fading into the bottomless pit of the "past".

Nothing in that universal vacuum exists any longer.

So what?

So DANCE in the flowering fire of the present!

Flow forward with the ever-moving tide of time!

Let GO, let GO, let GO of the pain and the regret and baggage and FUCKING EVERYTHING that has disappeared in the mist of the "past" and REMEMBER -

EVERYTHING is the "past".
    nice post :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    nice post :)

thanks
  • Options
    stoneange wrote:
    thanks
    A lot of people just tend to live in the past... especially any negative events which occurred in the past and it's never made ANY kinda sense to me at all :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you