Options

LSU Vs. Ohio State

LedbetterusLedbetterus Posts: 592
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Go Tigers!

Prediction:
LSU 38 - OSU 13
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    this is the buckeyes' chance to silence some doubters and earn some redemption. the good news is, osu is right where they want to be. despite being ranked number 1, i guarantee they go in an underdog. they're in the same position florida was last year... nobody thinks they stand a chance, they got in via a wild series of other teams losing, and the opponent seems to have all the momentum. they've got a huge chip on their shoulder and they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. also, lsu has a more traditional offense which means osu won't be as off-put by the spread that illinois killed them with.

the downside is, they're not remotely as tested as lsu is and lsu will be totally healthy by then. also, like last year, osu has had a LONG break and is ice cold going into january.

i may try to go down for this.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Too long of a layoff for OSU, they'll fall again like ALL the other teams from Ohio.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Too long of a layoff for OSU, they'll fall again like ALL the other teams from Ohio.

Peace

huh? what other teams from ohio?
  • Options
    huh? what other teams from ohio?

Cavs, OSU, OSU, Indians

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    24-20 osu.....it pains me being a michigan fan having to root the enemy but nothing makes me happier then seeing a sec lose...:)
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Cavs, OSU, OSU, Indians

Peace

oooh yeah. i think it's karma from us going for bush last election ;)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    24-20 osu.....it pains me being a michigan fan having to root the enemy but nothing makes me happier then seeing a sec lose...:)

yeah, and the big ten badly needs some credibility this season... cos i don't think their other matchups look very promising.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i may try to go down for this.

pick me up.
    i'll meet you on the corner of Lane and High.
  • Options
    I definetly think OSU will win the game, but it will be good. Personally, I would've liked to see Georgia up there.
  • Options
    LSU will lose and then Michigan will get their new head coach.

Peace

• Options
    pick me up.
    i'll meet you on the corner of Lane and High.

it's a little outta my way going down from chicago, but ill see what i can do.
  • Options
    Go Tigers!

Prediction:
    LSU 38 - OSU 13

Prediction = BCS sucks sweaty balls.

I'm wating for a playoff. The way college football detemines a champion is completely jacked up and retarded. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the Tampex Bowl or Preperation H Bowl brought to you by Dodge. Lose the bowls and settle it on the field.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options

I'm wating for a playoff. The way college football detemines a champion is completely jacked up and retarded. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the Tampex Bowl or Preperation H Bowl brought to you by Dodge. Lose the bowls and settle it on the field.

I couldn't agree more! Every year previous to this there was "some" controversy. I usually just put the playoff thought out of my head because it's like wishing to win the lottery, not gonna happen. This year however, wow! So many good teams out there, I would have loved to see an 8 team playoff. So sad that we have the BCS. It sucks so bad!
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options

yeah, i've never understood that argument about the effect on other bowls. who the hell travels to or watches those games anyway? even if people do, their teams aren't playing for jack shit as it is, what difference will it make if the other teams are playing in a tourney? shit, since there are only 5 big bowls as is, you can rotate 2 of the minor bowls into the tournament which is going to be damn good for them.
  • Options
    yeah, i've never understood that argument about the effect on other bowls. who the hell travels to or watches those games anyway? even if people do, their teams aren't playing for jack shit as it is, what difference will it make if the other teams are playing in a tourney? shit, since there are only 5 big bowls as is, you can rotate 2 of the minor bowls into the tournament which is going to be damn good for them.

I heard a great idea by some sports writer. Take the winners of the Rose, Fiesta, Orange and Sugar bowls and have a 4 team playoff.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    cutback wrote:

OSU 0-8 against SEC teams in bowl games

:D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ho-hum - who cares...another boring-ass BCS title game
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I heard a great idea by some sports writer. Take the winners of the Rose, Fiesta, Orange and Sugar bowls and have a 4 team playoff.
    who knows why this will probably never happen... :(
  • Options
    smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    Great, OSU is gonna embarrass themselves again. How many title games is this school gonna lose?
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • Options
    smg9779 wrote:
    Great, OSU is gonna embarrass themselves again. How many title games is this school gonna lose?

how many have they lost? was them losing last seaon really so hard on you? last i checked, they were 1-1 in bcs championship games.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I hate OSU.

Go LSU!

LSU 28
    OSU 17