Options

Man I wish they'd take the picture down..

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My family have a family picture on the wall, which includes me and the ex wife smiling. They haven't taken it down. I s'pose I can't expect them to either, even if I do keep looking at it because I'm home for Christmas. :rolleyes:
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    My family have a family picture on the wall, which includes me and the ex wife smiling. They haven't taken it down. I s'pose I can't expect them to either, even if I do keep looking at it because I'm home for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Can you not use that part as a dart board? No? Probably not a good idea.
  • Options

LOL I was thinking as a beer mat, but dart board is good too. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    LOL I was thinking as a beer mat, but dart board is good too. :D

Well, a beer mat wouldn't work, unless you had beer glasses that stuck to the wall. ;)
  • Options
    Well, a beer mat wouldn't work, unless you had beer glasses that stuck to the wall. ;)

No, what I meant was, then I could be like 'I'm getting blind drunk, and I'm drinking OFF YOUR FACE.'

Ya know? Seems to be power in it.

• Options
    tell them you want to take a new picture for Christmas.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    tell them you want to take a new picture for Christmas.

Yeah - not sure if I'm ready for that, and this was a professional one in a studio, so it IS a nice photo. If I had the money I'd treat everyone to the same again..

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    Yeah - not sure if I'm ready for that, and this was a professional one in a studio, so it IS a nice photo. If I had the money I'd treat everyone to the same again..
    who cares if it's professional? if it makes you uncomfortable, just ask.
    if you would like, or if your family would like something in it's place, i'm sure you'll figure it out.
  • Options
    Draw devil horns and a beard on the ex. Or tape a picture of Scarlett Johansson over her.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    You should ask them to please take the picture down and pehaps give them another picture of you to replace it. If it bothers you they should know and respect your wishes. They're your family - you can tell them anything.
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
  • Options
    Either that, or cut out a picture of someone else's head and tape it over your ex's - that would be funny and not spoil the picture.
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

That was hilarious!!! And the first time I've laughed today! :D CUTE!

HLF, Can you politely ask your parents? I'm sure if they knew you were uncomfortable with it, they'd take it down.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas.

I've just resolved to not look at it. :cool:

But I am busy fashioning several home-made darts, just in case....

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas.

I've just resolved to not look at it. :cool:

But I am busy fashioning several home-made darts, just in case....

Just one nite get rid if it and never mention it again. lol

Good luck and happy holidays. :)
  • Options
    MagstarMagstar Posts: 117
    I know how you feel. My mom has several pictures of me and my ex-boyfriend at home, in her office, etc. It's annoying cos I hate him now. :p
    It's okay, Pluto. I'm not a planet either.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Wouldn't they understand if you asked?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    take it down when no one's looking. deny everything.
  • Options
    Man, if that happened to me it would be pretty disheartening I guess. Also, Emily18 has the correct idea :D
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    just casually walk over to it and tape a peice of blank paper over it or just cover her with marker like draw a mustache on her maybe a black eye a missing front tooth see what reaction you get from thefamily ..:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    I think that if you told them how it made you feel, they would understand. It's very understandable that you would feel uncomfortable, especially during this time.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    just casually walk over to it and tape a peice of blank paper over it or just cover her with marker like draw a mustache on her maybe a black eye a missing front tooth see what reaction you get from thefamily ..:D
    :p
    Just remove it yourself.
    And when they ask, tell them why you did it.
    Just be honest with them.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away