Options

Supid pregnancey question

pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
OK, this is a stupid question I'm sure. But here's the set up. My girlfriend is almost 19 and joined the Air Force. She got done with basic the end of November and is half way done with her 29 days of tech school. In the 9 and a half weeks she was away, she didn't have her period at all. She came back twoFriday ago for the days (and left today for three weeks, then we move to NM) and had her period two days ago. During the whole time she was home (Friday December 22 - Wednesday January 2) we had unprotected sex at least 5 times before she had her period on Wednesday. (Please don't ask why we had unprotected sex) But since she had her period for the first time in two and a half months, is there any way she could still be pregnant? Could the period she got just be backed up or something from the 2 months she didn't have one. Because we both thought she was pregnant the week before she had her period.

Thanks a lot
"I'm a thief, and I dig it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Yeah, there's a possibility. Travel and stress does lots of funny stuff to the female body.

But more importantly, has she taken a pregancy test yet? That's the fastest way to find out.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Dude, the female body is like a Rubik's Cube with 16 sides...nobody can figure it out.
  • Options
    We haven't tried a pregnancy test, no. Atleast not this time. We have in the past.

Antoher question I have is, we were at her aunt's house and her uncle (both are really cool) was kinda giving her shit about having wierd cravings because before we got to the house, she had a sudden urge for canned oranges and pickles. How early do wierd cravings start? Right away?
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    We haven't tried a pregnancy test, no. Atleast not this time. We have in the past

You have to do a new one for every time you have sex.

:p
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    MarblesMarbles Posts: 49
    Stress can whack a girl's system, and some women DO bleed while pregnant. Pregnancy tests are cheap. Use one.
  • Options
    OK, this is a stupid question I'm sure. But here's the set up. My girlfriend is almost 19 and joined the Air Force. She got done with basic the end of November and is half way done with her 29 days of tech school. In the 9 and a half weeks she was away, she didn't have her period at all. She came back twoFriday ago for the days (and left today for three weeks, then we move to NM) and had her period two days ago. During the whole time she was home (Friday December 22 - Wednesday January 2) we had unprotected sex at least 5 times before she had her period on Wednesday. (Please don't ask why we had unprotected sex) But since she had her period for the first time in two and a half months, is there any way she could still be pregnant? Could the period she got just be backed up or something from the 2 months she didn't have one. Because we both thought she was pregnant the week before she had her period.

Thanks a lot

It's highly unlikely, but not impossible, particularly if the period she did get was light and short. Only way to know for sure is to do a pregnancy test.
  • Options
    her period is probably irregular due to the physical and mental stress of being in basic training. that's pretty normal. but given that she got her period right after you had sex, I think she could *possibly* be pregnant. it's unlikely because that's the time of the month when it's hard to get pregnant. but she could be. if she doesn't get her period again she should probably check.
  • Options
    Marbles wrote:
    Stress can whack a girl's system, and some women DO bleed while pregnant. Pregnancy tests are cheap. Use one.

exactly, taking a test can't do any harm (buy a 2 pack, take one and even if it's negative repeat in one week).
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    It's highly unlikely, but not impossible, particularly if the period she did get was light and short. Only way to know for sure is to do a pregnancy test.

yes, go for a pregnancy test. Since you've done one in the past, I recommend investing in condoms too.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Dude, the female body is like a Rubik's Cube with 16 sides...nobody can figure it out.

dude...post of the day.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

• Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    yes, go for a pregnancy test. Since you've done one in the past, I recommend investing in condoms too.

and some birth control!
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    it would be advisable for you to buy a home pregnancy test and see the results. if she is pregnant, she should be seen by an ob/gyn as soon as possible, especially to confirm the pregnancy result if it is positive. depending on how far along she is, there are pertinent tests, ultrasounds and bloodwork, etc., that need to be done to begin/continue her obstetrical care.

this is something you shouldn't wait on.....if money is an issue, call your nearest hospital as ask if there is a free clinic in your area, or a clinic with ob/gyn care that helps out those with limited funds or no insurance.

cravings aren't a sign of pregnancy, either. women and their hormonal issues can cause cravings during their period or just because it's friday.

please - find out by doing the pregnancy test and seek medical help accordingly.

(i work in an ob/gyn office. lots of pregnant women can "have a period" early on in their pregnancy and even into the latter part...bleeding during a *confirmed* pregnancy should never be ignored...call your ob/gyn asap and/or get to an urgent care or hospital emergency room immediately.)

good luck :)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    stupid question is an insult to stupid people........stupid.
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    dude...post of the day.
    Nice...I hope my reward isn't a Rubiks cube.
  • Options
    why do i have the feeling that I really hope she is not pregnant??
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    But since she had her period for the first time in two and a half months, is there any way she could still be pregnant? Could the period she got just be backed up or something from the 2 months she didn't have one. Because we both thought she was pregnant the week before she had her period.

Thanks a lot

she probably didn't have her period because of increased physical activity. That can definitely screw things up.

Regardless, it is entirely possible that she is pregnant. You need to find out ASAP, and then never have unprotected sex again.
  • Options
    We haven't tried a pregnancy test, no. Atleast not this time. We have in the past.

Antoher question I have is, we were at her aunt's house and her uncle (both are really cool) was kinda giving her shit about having wierd cravings because before we got to the house, she had a sudden urge for canned oranges and pickles. How early do wierd cravings start? Right away?

The cravings don't start before she could "fail" a pregnancy test.

That's definitely not one of the early signs.
  • Options
    MarblesMarbles Posts: 49
    Saturnal wrote:
    How about a Rubiks for Dummies cube, yellow on all sides! It works wonders for self esteem. You don't learn anything, but you feel good. (Now for sale as a public school curriculum!)
  • Options
    Marbles wrote:

One time, I bled a little bit and even got a bad headache (like I always do when I have my period). Then it stopped abruptly.

My daughter's name is Annabelle. ;)
  • Options
    One time, I bled a little bit and even got a bad headache (like I always do when I have my period). Then it stopped abruptly.

My daughter's name is Annabelle. ;)

I have a friend who got a full-on period twice while pregnant.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:

:eek:

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    sometimes it's really nice being a dude......:p :o:D
  • Options
    I have a friend who got a full-on period twice while pregnant.

Yeah, I've heard all kinds of stories.

When I was pregnant, I used to post on this board for women expecting babies during the same month as I was. One of the women on there had her period until she was five months along. (And she had no reason to believe she was pregnant before it stopped.)
  • Options
    The cravings don't start before she could "fail" a pregnancy test.

That's definitely not one of the early signs.

Actually, thats not entirely true. Cravings can start very early in pregnancy for some women. The most commonly held theory about cravings, is that it's the body's way of signaling what it needs to support the growing baby. The needs of the body, and the accompanying hormonal changes are immediate, as soon as conception occurs. Despite the microscopic size of the embryo, there is an enormous amount of activity going on in the early weeks of pregnancy, with most of the development occurring in the first 12 weeks. While some further development takes place after this, the second and third trimesters are primarily for growth.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Actually, thats not entirely true. Cravings can start very early in pregnancy for some women. The most commonly held theory about cravings, is that it's the body's way of signaling what it needs to support the growing baby. The needs of the body, and the accompanying hormonal changes are immediate, as soon as conception occurs. Despite the microscopic size of the embryo, there is an enormous amount of activity going on in the early weeks of pregnancy, with most of the development occurring in the first 12 weeks. While some further development takes place after this, the second and third trimesters are primarily for growth.
    Frack, you must be a Dr.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Yeah, I've heard all kinds of stories.

When I was pregnant, I used to post on this board for women expecting babies during the same month as I was. One of the women on there had her period until she was five months along. (And she had no reason to believe she was pregnant before it stopped.)

truly this is some scary stuff i was not aware of. oh, damn it, if i ever have unprotected sex/condom breakage i'd be worried 3 times more than i usually do. oh, life is so hard.
  • Options

I think most symptoms can start at any stage of pregnancy-if at all. Every woman is different.
    Ask her if she feels like her nipples are in a clamp. LOL
  • Options
    I met Ed wrote:
    Frack, you must be a Dr.

LOL, Midwife actually.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    truly this is some scary stuff i was not aware of. oh, damn it, if i ever have unprotected sex/condom breakage i'd be worried 3 times more than i usually do. oh, life is so hard.

I am always on the safe side. I've been on the pill for 7 years straight and I always use a condom also. but this past year I didn't get my period for 5 months (cuz of being on the pill so long). I really had no reason to believe I was pregnant between using all the birth control and I would still have some cramps and pmdd symptoms, but I still took 2 tests every time I missed, just to be sure. I just don't want to be one of those girls that six months into pregnancy is like "well, I didn't get my period but I'm on the pill so I assumed I was fine."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    it could have been a miscarriage due to the physical stress

For the sake of the baby, please get a pregnancy test now and again whenever she is late.