Options

Just saw 'Walk the Line'

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Wow, what an inspiring film.

That is all.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    its fairly accurate but, still a movie. Johhny is one of my Heros.
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • Options
    i. love. this. movie.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I was just talking to my friend about this movie. We both love it. I was impressed and I really enjoyed the music throughout. I can't wait to watch it again...
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    all day i thought this thread was about that dewey cox movie.

i really have to get new glasses/contacts/maybe lasek

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Walk the Line is a terrific movie!!!! As good as Ray. Both being in the dead guy movie categories.
  • Options
    I never really cared for Johnny Cash but

after seeing the movie I really got into his music

Good movie

I like Reese Witherspoon too

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    after reading these great reviews...... I guess I'll watch it the next time I can.....
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I never really cared for Johnny Cash but

after seeing the movie I really got into his music

Good movie

I like Reese Witherspoon too

:D

Same with me.

"Hey! That's a nice house!"
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This movie! :D

Love wookie phoenix, love reese witherspoon, love johnny cash, just love this film.

I went to see it on my own and had THE BEST TIME!!! I was singing and tapping my feet and laughing and crying. Got a few odd looks but meh...who gives a shit! :D And I've got it on DVD so I can watch it as often as I like. Top movie! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Man, I've just been listening to a best of Johnny Cash CD. I can't believe how long I dismissed this guy. He is a genius; I'll be purchasing more in the new year, I can tell. The Man in Black (is that what it's called?) and A Boy Named Sue completely blew me away, as did.. well everything else, especially the later recordings. So dark, melancholy, very humorous and lyrically important.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    brainofPJ wrote:
    all day i thought this thread was about that dewey cox movie.

i really have to get new glasses/contacts/maybe lasek

OMG! How funny!! So did I! :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This movie! :D

Love wookie phoenix, love reese witherspoon, love johnny cash, just love this film.

I went to see it on my own and had THE BEST TIME!!! I was singing and tapping my feet and laughing and crying. Got a few odd looks but meh...who gives a shit! :D And I've got it on DVD so I can watch it as often as I like. Top movie! :)

That made me laugh like a drugged up "jolly".:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    That made me laugh like a drugged up "jolly".:p

:D I've always called him wookie. For years I'd see his name and not know how to pronounce it and then I was watching Zorro with Antonio Banderras and in the very beginning he's running around with his brother getting shot at and I swear he calls him wookie about 5 times. Then the brother gets shot and they pan to this shot of his grave and there it is Joaquin! It was a LIGHT BULB moment for me! :D My brother still cracks up about it because he was watching with me and I sat bolt upright in the chair and "That's it! Wookie!! Wookie Phoenix!!" :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D I've always called him wookie. For years I'd see his name and not know how to pronounce it and then I was watching Zorro with Antonio Banderras and in the very beginning he's running around with his brother getting shot at and I swear he calls him wookie about 5 times. Then the brother gets shot and they pan to this shot of his grave and there it is Joaquin! It was a LIGHT BULB moment for me! :D My brother still cracks up about it because he was watching with me and I sat bolt upright in the chair and "That's it! Wookie!! Wookie Phoenix!!" :D

Haha! It actually sounds like something one of the Phoenix kids might be called...:p River, Honey, Wookie... It fits!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Haha! It actually sounds like something one of the Phoenix kids might be called...:p River, Honey, Wookie... It fits!

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!!!! :D

Don't forget Rain! :D And Autumn, isn't there one called Autumn?? ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!!!! :D

Don't forget Rain! :D And Autumn, isn't there one called Autumn?? ;)

Think of any random noun, and chances are there's a Phoenix kid called that.:D Ulcer Phoenix, Webbing Phoenix, Builder Phoenix... they're all just waiting for their movie debuts.:p
  • Options
    Think of any random noun, and chances are there's a Phoenix kid called that.:D Ulcer Phoenix, Webbing Phoenix, Builder Phoenix... they're all just waiting for their movie debuts.:p

Ulcer Phoenix!!! hahahahaha! :D

Wookie was AWESOME in Walk the Line though. He really should have won the oscar for it. I can't remember who beat him now but it was disappointing I think. He's a good actor. I like his work. Even if he does have a very unfortunate name. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Man, I've just been listening to a best of Johnny Cash CD. I can't believe how long I dismissed this guy. He is a genius; I'll be purchasing more in the new year, I can tell. The Man in Black (is that what it's called?) and A Boy Named Sue completely blew me away, as did.. well everything else, especially the later recordings. So dark, melancholy, very humorous and lyrically important.

A buddy of mine who is really into Johnny cash said that the "American" albums are incredible. I'm not that knowledgeable about Cash other than basic stuff, but apparently he was recording much of them while dying.

"American IV" has a cover of NIN's "Hurt."
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Ulcer Phoenix!!! hahahahaha! :D

Wookie was AWESOME in Walk the Line though. He really should have won the oscar for it. I can't remember who beat him now but it was disappointing I think. He's a good actor. I like his work. Even if he does have a very unfortunate name. :)

Yeah, it was a brilliant movie, with two talented leads. Plus, he was the excellent thing in Buffalo Soldiers too.

But Ulcer's the more talented of the two.:p
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    A buddy of mine who is really into Johnny cash said that the "American" albums are incredible. I'm not that knowledgeable about Cash other than basic stuff, but apparently he was recording much of them while dying.

"American IV" has a cover of NIN's "Hurt."

Actually Hurt was the first thing I heard him do, and that hooked me instantly. I listened to his older stuff a year ago and wasn't in the place to enjoy it then. Now? Wow, what a legend. I'm going to have to pick up the "American" set, definitely.

• Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Wow, what an inspiring film.

That is all.

I love that movie too, but I was a little disappointed when they finally got together and then the movie was over. But then I relaized that the movie was probably more about the whole beginning of the story rather than the ending outcome.

I didn't know he hung out with all of those other artists when they were starting out too. I thought it was kind of funny when all of them were doing pills and Johnny was apprehensive and (I think it was) oh no that blond guy, what was his name???????..........

anyway, he goes, "everyone is doing it. Elvis does these all of the time......"
    lol.

ok I just answered my own question...Jerry Lee Lewis......

but I guess I should not use quotes unless they are quotes.......

and Reese Witherspoon was really good at the part of his wife because I so liked that she was so tough. Like when he kept proposing to her.......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Yeah, it was a brilliant movie, with two talented leads. Plus, he was the excellent thing in Buffalo Soldiers too.

But Ulcer's the more talented of the two.:p

Oh well Ms Witherspoon has always been a personal favorite of mine. She was BRILLIANT as June Carter Cash and rightfully won the Oscar.

I can't remember if I've seen Buffalo Soldiers or not. He's been in a few things that I've enjoyed.

I've yet to see Ulcer ;) , but it won't be tonight anyway, coz it's 4.30am AND I must go to sleep otherwise I'll be falling face first asleep into my turkey and gravy at the Xmas lunch table! :o:D

G'night Rhino, Merry Christmas to you and to that maggie girl if she ever shows up! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Oh well Ms Witherspoon has always been a personal favorite of mine. She was BRILLIANT as June Carter Cash and rightfully won the Oscar.

I can't remember if I've seen Buffalo Soldiers or not. He's been in a few things that I've enjoyed.

I've yet to see Ulcer , but it won't be tonight anyway, coz it's 4.30am AND I must go to sleep otherwise I'll be falling face first asleep into my turkey and gravy at the Xmas lunch table!

G'night Rhino, Merry Christmas to you and to that maggie girl if she ever shows up! ;)

Merry Christmas Jeanie. *hopes for snow in Oz... white snow*
    :D;)
  • Options
    Merry Christmas Jeanie. *hopes for snow in Oz... white snow*
    :D;)

Thanks Rhino! You too! :D

and yes you can keep your yellow! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    I have been a huge Cash fan since the 90's when being a Cash fan wasn't "Cool". His American Recordings are amazing!
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • Options
    Cash's version of Rusty Cage is pretty sweet.

I also like "long black Veil"

as for "Wookie Phoenix" that's pretty funny...Joaquin is generally pronounced "WAH - Keen" with a little more emphasis on the "keen" part...and the n sort of fades, depending on whether you are a spaniard or a mexican. :)

It is my favorite all-time name. with Magdelena for a girl, and runner up boy's name: Agustin :D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    Cash's version of Rusty Cage is pretty sweet.

I also like "long black Veil"

as for "Wookie Phoenix" that's pretty funny...Joaquin is generally pronounced "WAH - Keen" with a little more emphasis on the "keen" part...and the n sort of fades, depending on whether you are a spaniard or a mexican. :)

It is my favorite all-time name. with Magdelena for a girl, and runner up boy's name: Agustin :D

Sit yourself down to that opening sequence of Zorro and hear Antonio say it! :D It's Wookie! :p:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift