Options

2000...wish it could be happier!

DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Well, I've been putting off my 2000th post for a while now....I haven't posted in FOREVER! I just wish it could be under happier circumstances :(

Feels kinda weird spouting stuff on here (especially when I don't know most of you any more!), but I think I just need to get shit out, and I know anybody here is most likely pretty cool in my books. Did I mention I'm a little high right now? I guess that could go without saying.

Anyway, since the last time I've posted anything here, life hasn't been to happy. I turned 30 a couple months ago now, and right before that happened my wife and I separated. So that sucks. Its really the best thing for both of us I think, although I seem to be struggling with it (even though I've been able to keep up appearances)...

So, I seem to have been pretty good at distracting myself for the last couple of months...but I'm totally a homebody at heart, so I can't keep this up much longer! What happens when I stop?

And then I get thinking that there are SO many people out there that have it worse off than me, and I can't even imagine how bad they must feel, cause this hurts so damn much. Life is f*cked.

Okay, well sorry for the rant! This should have been a happy post, so I'll try to finish well...Have a super duper rockin' New Year everyone, here's hoping 2008 kicks 2007's ass!!!

Peace
:-p
"Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Don't do drugs
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Don't do drugs

I've got nothing better to do...
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Watch Maple Leafs Hockey
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    it's so sad how there's a post from a 30 year old and and a 28 year old who have both just gotten divorced.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Watch Maple Leafs Hockey

Well that's what I'll be doing tonight, thats for damn sure...on my brand spankin' new 42" plasma! Can't wait for HD hockey!!!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Here's to a better 2008~~~~~~~~~~~>

for all of us!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Lizard wrote:
    Here's to a better 2008~~~~~~~~~~~>

for all of us!!!

Amen to that!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    I've got nothing better to do...

Try writing a diary? :o:)
  • Options
    Try writing a diary? :o:)

Yeah, I've thought about that...not much of a writer though. My thoughts don't seem to translate well into words. And really, what's the point?

I know I definately need to be eating more than I am...go figure I'd actually lost weight over Christmas!

Peace
  • Options
    hey dopey! welcome back.... sorry it isn't under better circumstances... :(

chin up! the holidays can be sucky no matter what... you'll get through it... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Yeah, I've thought about that...not much of a writer though. My thoughts don't seem to translate well into words. And really, what's the point?

I know I definately need to be eating more than I am...go figure I'd actually lost weight over Christmas!

Peace

Only you'll read you're diary. No one else so it doesn't matter if you can't express yourself.
    In the worst case, you could read it back and laugh or realise you need to make changes in your life. :)

Maybe see a doctor? They could point you in the right direction if YOU feel there is really a problem.

Either way, do something about it. Anything. The slightest step will help, I'm sure. :) Even writing on here could be classed as a first step.

You seem to have low self esteem? I'm pretty damn sure you have as much to offer as the rest of us. Maybe you just need a bit of help to find it, rather than put yourself down? :)

Anyway, you're a PJ fan and that's all that matters. ;):D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Well, I've been putting off my 2000th post for a while now....I haven't posted in FOREVER! I just wish it could be under happier circumstances :(

hey there mister!!! its been freakin FOREVER! im gladd to see u here if ONLY for a moment. This year has been a TOTALLY strange one. Lots of good but ALOT of badd. As always, in true SENROCK! fashion.... THINK POSITIVE and ALLLLLWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! youve been missed! youre the only exxxception to the socks-n-sandals rule!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Hey thanks all! Civ & SEN, its great to see you lovely ladies! Hopefully once all this holiday craziness is over, I'll be spending more time on here...I've been away WAY too long! Watched Imagine in Cornice on my fancy new plasma TV (had to spice up the new bachelor pad) yesterday, and it was FLOWIN' AWESOME!!! I know PJ will help get me through this (and you guys of course).

So yeah, I'm not just sitting back and letting this ruin my life or anything...sure I have low self esteem, but I always have. I started seeing a social worker as soon as all this started, and I've been constantly busy for the last 2 months...which is TOTALLY unlike me. Normally I like to sit home on my couch. I've seen more of all my friends in the last 2 months than I probably had in the past 2 years! I'm tired now though...but a little scared what happens when I'm finally just sitting home all alone.

Anyway, enough of this...only a couple more days left in this crappy year, then 2008 is here, which can only be better! Got some new socks for Christmas, and I think I'll buy myself some new sandals too...woohoo!!!

Peace
  • Options
    I do kind of remember you, DB!! I hope things do improve for you!! Even if people are worse off than you, this is still hard for you and it is what you face. It is all perspective! I moved out here for a change and now I am like wtf??? but if you think it was for the best, than maybe it was? As much as it sucks. Things always have a way of working out.. or so I have been told. Enjoy that new tv!!! Hopefully, we win today! :)
  • Options
    sorry for all you're going thru. definitely, writing out your thoughts and feelings will help, they have less control over you if you can expel them onto paper or even in a word file

good luck to you, and hope that 2008 will treat you kindly :)
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Hey thanks all! Civ & SEN, its great to see you lovely ladies! Hopefully once all this holiday craziness is over, I'll be spending more time on here...I've been away WAY too long! Watched Imagine in Cornice on my fancy new plasma TV (had to spice up the new bachelor pad) yesterday, and it was FLOWIN' AWESOME!!! I know PJ will help get me through this (and you guys of course).

So yeah, I'm not just sitting back and letting this ruin my life or anything...sure I have low self esteem, but I always have. I started seeing a social worker as soon as all this started, and I've been constantly busy for the last 2 months...which is TOTALLY unlike me. Normally I like to sit home on my couch. I've seen more of all my friends in the last 2 months than I probably had in the past 2 years! I'm tired now though...but a little scared what happens when I'm finally just sitting home all alone.

Anyway, enough of this...only a couple more days left in this crappy year, then 2008 is here, which can only be better! Got some new socks for Christmas, and I think I'll buy myself some new sandals too...woohoo!!!

Peace

dude!!!!! how WAHHHHSOME is freakin PORCH strait into EVENFLOW!!!!!! oh MAN i was going NUTS!!! good way to break in that plasma! :D

and do u see what happens when ure in a relationship? you lose touch with people dammit. props on keeping busy but dont worry at ALL about being home alone. Enjoy it!

and um......its a new year soon....maybe u can ditch the sandals and socks thing?????? :eek: hahahaha *big hugs*

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ...and um......its a new year soon....maybe u can ditch the sandals and socks thing?????? :eek: hahahaha *big hugs*

I guess now that I'm 30, maybe I should think about giving them up...I just don't know if I could! I HATE wearing shoes! I'm sure most women probably think I'm a freak, so that might make my life more dificult...

Peace
  • Options
    i've been down on my luck a few times in the past months too. but i realized that i have a lot of life ahead of me yet and i'm as excited as fuck to soak in whatevers coming at me next in life. just take the approach that you just experienced something that happens in life to a lot of people and its an opportunity to grow as a human and dont let it kick your ass. the way things have been for me lately...life's just been kicking my ass, but for some reason i'm digging it cuz i know something sweet will come of it as long as i keep a good attitude and a good heart. good luck to you man, i hate hearing someone down. much love.
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • Options
    Theres a lot of great advice here hun :) and give yourself credit for the way you've coped so far! Find every positive and cling to it.

Re; being alone.......keep busy and in touch with your friends until you feel you're ready to be 'alone'.........but don't let it frighten you......I'm sure you'll be fine....and if you find you're not.....either come visit the pit for company or go out and visit your mates :)

I hope everything improves in 2008!!!!

PS: try not to rely on the dope too much.......it may feel good at the time, but at the end of the day - it's a depressant :(
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    Watch Maple Leafs Hockey
    I'd just like to point out that this, your second post in the thread, completely contradicts your first post...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I'd just like to point out that this, your second post in the thread, completely contradicts your first post...

Thats a good point! Normally I would rely on hockey to help cheer me up, but this year its just not happening :(

Staying positive anyway...just not as easy as it should be. Just reading "Into the Wild" right now, and it kinda gets to me...the whole message "HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED" (thats what he wrote at the end, and thats the message I got from the movie) kinda makes me depressed. But then I worry that I might go out and rush into another relationship just because it'll help take away the hurt.
    Okay, I'm babbling again. This is why people need more than 4 hours of sleep!

Peace
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    I guess now that I'm 30, maybe I should think about giving them up...I just don't know if I could! I HATE wearing shoes! I'm sure most women probably think I'm a freak, so that might make my life more dificult...

Peace

hey age aint got NUTHIN to do with it!!!!! and im not a fan of shoes either. Its either barefoot or flip flops NO SOCKS!!! try it, you might like it!!!! :D Happy new year pal!