Options

Mike Vick vs. Bobby Petrino

South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I was watching the Falcons players spit some serious venom about how horrible Bobby Petrino was for quitting on the team and leaving for Arkansas. How come none of these guys said any harsh words for Mike Vick? I understand that they are friends with Mike. But Bobby and Mike were both part of the team. I guess my mind doesn't compute why they speak more ill of someone who quit as opposed to someone that it guilty of killing dogs. :confused:
NERDS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    good question...i honestly don't know why other than the fact that the players never had much respect for Petrino since training camp.

they were calling Petrino a coward and not man enough to finish the season.
    Yet they gave Vick well wishes and hopes he became a better person and what not.

i guess it's the masculine attitude of athletes. they're pretty much trained that way. they hate quitters.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I was watching the Falcons players spit some serious venom about how horrible Bobby Petrino was for quitting on the team and leaving for Arkansas. How come none of these guys said any harsh words for Mike Vick? I understand that they are friends with Mike. But Bobby and Mike were both part of the team. I guess my mind doesn't compute why they speak more ill of someone who quit as opposed to someone that it guilty of killing dogs. :confused:

Timing, the Mike Vick stuff has been going on for well really the shennagans have gone on for more than a year. All that stuff has been said, most of it privately, Alge "let him have it" recently in a visit to the prison.

It's just timing and the publicity of it all... that and Petrino is thier boss and he's a huge dickhead. Anytime you get a micromanaging asshole in any office environment you are going to get this type of reaction when they leave especially when they lie to everyone and fuck the organization over when they do it.. damaging a lot of thier livelyhoods.

Plenty of guys have expressed disgust with Mike Vick over the past year... he's been ripped by virtually every media member... The reaction is because this liar, this guy who preaches family, and trust and buying in and "finishing" is in the first life raft he could find off the sinking ship.

Mike Vick is getting his commupance Bobby Petrino is smiling and rolling his family out at press conferences held in the middle of the night with his family as props so no Atlanta media would have the time to call him out on being a pathetic piece of shit human being.

Mike on the other hand has already lost everything.

For the record, it's not just the players that hated Petrino... it's the entire building outside of Mckay and Blank who were trying to save face.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Not many folks in that locker room liked Petreno. Thus a big reason he left. Petreno had a hard time communicating and relating to the players. Espcially the big attitude stars in the NFL. It is very different from the college rank where what he says is Gods word and all on that team follow.

In the NFL it is very different.

Many guys have come out and said petreno just did not make a connection with the guys on the team.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Those are good points. Plus the vets are pissed that he cut players to fit his system and now he bailed.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Personally, I think team owners should just recruit assistant coaches from the NFL instead of hiring college coaches. And college coaches should take an assistant position as coach instead of "Head Coach" when they first try out for the pros.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    The players are pissed because the team stinks and they're losing...that's really the bottom line. The anger about that is gonna be directed anywhere and everywhere.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Bobby Petrino, in the Ozarks of Arkansas, squealing like a pig for money on national television.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p7x3x6QHlrA
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Bill Parcells is coming to right the ship. Looks like he is looking at taking the Patriots GM (his son in law) to be the GM of the Falcons and the patirots offensive coordinator to be the new coach.

Bill has always made good football decisions i see this as a good move for the falcons.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options

because many of them don't conisder what Vick did wrong.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Bill Parcells is coming to right the ship. Looks like he is looking at taking the Patriots GM (his son in law) to be the GM of the Falcons and the patirots offensive coordinator to be the new coach.

Bill has always made good football decisions i see this as a good move for the falcons.

Parcells might be going to Miami....of course Parcells has never won anything without the best coach in football history running his D.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    intodeep wrote:

Good move by the Falcons... besides bringing in a great football mind, hiring a big-name and well respected person to run the football side at least makes things much more optimistic there.

edit - ok, nevermind... i just saw that it wasn't happening... So, Atlanta is still screwed :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Good move by the Falcons... besides bringing in a great football mind, hiring a big-name and well respected person to run the football side at least makes things much more optimistic there.

edit - ok, nevermind... i just saw that it wasn't happening... So, Atlanta is still screwed :)
    Really?

Damn that sucks. Damn you rotoworld with your false information.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    intodeep wrote:

news flash for you he also quits on teams but i guess he is better than what you have there now ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    news flash for you he also quits on teams but i guess he is better than what you have there now ...
    I'm a jets fan. Bill Parcells may have left the jets but those were the best years i can remember to be a jets fan. And when he left we had enough talent on the team to be competitive for the coming years. Far better then we are currently.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22