Options

calling all Terminator fans....

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
what's the scoop on the new Fox thing "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".....I just saw a teaser trailer on tv tonight...says coming this January to Fox. Breaking news to me!

wikipedia had this on it:
"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is an American television series scheduled to begin on January 13, 2008[1] on the U.S. television network Fox. It is a continuation of the Terminator film franchise. Produced by Warner Bros. Television and C2-Pictures, it will revolve around the life of Sarah Connor, and her son, John Connor after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The series is being executively produced by Terminator 3 producers and C2 Pictures co-presidents Mario Kassar and Andrew G. Vajna, C2 Senior Vice President James Middleton, David Nutter, and Josh Friedman, who is also writing."

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

definitely sparked my interest.
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    WOOOHOOOOO!!! :D

This sounds AWESOME! :)

Of course we won't get it here till 2010 if EVER!!! :eek: :mad:

But maybe I can find a way? ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    I bet the video game will be awesome. :D
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    It's fucking weird, the Terminator movies were very good in many ways, but everyone seems to think they are complete fantasy or remote science fiction.
    But seriously, when you watch the recreation of a nuclear explosion at the beginning of T2, do you ever stop to think that it really happened, not once but twice, in Nagasaki and Hiroshima ??
    That image of a truck being swatted off a freeway by the nuclear wind, and of Sarah Connor's flesh being burned from her bones before they crumble to dust and blow away was always so dramatically chilling to me, knowing that it really happened, unlike most of Hollywood's imaged stuff.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    In related news, Christian Bale is *rumored* for the John Connor role for the new movie trilogy.
    That would work.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    In related news, Christian Bale is *rumored* for the John Connor role for the new movie trilogy.
    That would work.

Would for ME!! :D Mmmmmmmm........ ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    what's the scoop on the new Fox thing "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".....I just saw a teaser trailer on tv tonight...says coming this January to Fox. Breaking news to me!

wikipedia had this on it:
    "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is an American television series scheduled to begin on January 13, 2008[1] on the U.S. television network Fox. It is a continuation of the Terminator film franchise. Produced by Warner Bros. Television and C2-Pictures, it will revolve around the life of Sarah Connor, and her son, John Connor after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The series is being executively produced by Terminator 3 producers and C2 Pictures co-presidents Mario Kassar and Andrew G. Vajna, C2 Senior Vice President James Middleton, David Nutter, and Josh Friedman, who is also writing."

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

definitely sparked my interest.

Summer Glau (Firefly / Serenity) is part of the cast, so that has my interest. I think she plays a good-guy terminator, so she gets another girl-kicking-ass role similar to her River character on Firefly (minus the emotional baggage probably).
  • Options
    Summer Glau (Firefly / Serenity) is part of the cast, so that has my interest. I think she plays a good-guy terminator, so she gets another girl-kicking-ass role similar to her River character on Firefly (minus the emotional baggage probably).

Ooh! I love her! This is sounding better and better! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    It's fucking weird, the Terminator movies were very good in many ways, but everyone seems to think they are complete fantasy or remote science fiction.
    But seriously, when you watch the recreation of a nuclear explosion at the beginning of T2, do you ever stop to think that it really happened, not once but twice, in Nagasaki and Hiroshima ??
    That image of a truck being swatted off a freeway by the nuclear wind, and of Sarah Connor's flesh being burned from her bones before they crumble to dust and blow away was always so dramatically chilling to me, knowing that it really happened, unlike most of Hollywood's imaged stuff.

Wha Wha Whaaaaa....Calm down, negative nancy.....I'm just excited about a TV show.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Rygar wrote:
    That would work.
    Update on that rumour is that he's a terminator, and not John Connor. Whether he's good or bad is unknown.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    the hot babe from 300 plays Sara, I'll def watch it.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Im just hoping the new movie isnt gonna suck, Im being catiously optimistic about it
  • Options
    Update on that rumour is that he's a terminator, and not John Connor. Whether he's good or bad is unknown.

Oh, that isn't what I heard. I guess that's why it's a rumor :P
    Interesting nonetheless!
  • Options
    Im just hoping the new movie isnt gonna suck, Im being catiously optimistic about it

They haven't disappointed me yet.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Wha Wha Whaaaaa....Calm down, negative nancy.....I'm just excited about a TV show.

I wasn't being negative. I really enjoyed the Terminator movies, but I still think it's a spinner that the fantasy is so mixed up in reality. It was an intruiging story. I still remember going to T2 in about 1988, not having a clue what I was seeing, and crapping my duds when the screen and sound sustem exploded as a terminator smashed a foot down on a skull.
    The real fantasy is that a freaking computer system would stay on line long enough to do shit, and not crash like all the Microsoft shite we put up with every day.
    Summer Glau works for me BTW.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh, that isn't what I heard. I guess that's why it's a rumor :P
    Interesting nonetheless!

Turns out the rumor I heard was that he'd be a terminator, and I guess I heard wrong in the first place :P
    Thanks HH
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Turns out the rumor I heard was that he'd be a terminator, and I guess I heard wrong in the first place :P
    Thanks HH
    I think he could make an awesome Terminator actually. He can do cold emotionless very well.
  • Options
    I think he could make an awesome Terminator actually. He can do cold emotionless very well.

Agreed.
    I'm a big fan of Bale so I think he could manage either easily.
  • Options
    Turns out he is going to be John Connor after all. Check it out:
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21586
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Did anyone catch the premiere last night? The premiere episode is split between last night & tonight, and last night's episode was very good. In 2008, they can make a helluva good looking television series with the technology they have available.

Basically, it takes place between Terminator 2 and Terminator 3, with Sarah & John Connor on the run. Last night's show had John & Sarah visit the family of the guy that invented the Skynet technology (he basically martyred himself in T2 to destroy the technology) and that was cool.

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/sarahconnorchronicles.htm

It seemed very in line and linear with the story of the movies, which is cool. I dunno how far they can take this, as obviously the Connors running from robots constantly week to week may get old, but maybe there's more planned than that.

Worth checking out if you like the Terminator movies. The second half of the premiere is on tonight.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Did anyone catch the premiere last night? The premiere episode is split between last night & tonight, and last night's episode was very good. In 2008, they can make a helluva good looking television series with the technology they have available.

Basically, it takes place between Terminator 2 and Terminator 3, with Sarah & John Connor on the run. Last night's show had John & Sarah visit the family of the guy that invented the Skynet technology (he basically martyred himself in T2 to destroy the technology) and that was cool.

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/sarahconnorchronicles.htm

It seemed very in line and linear with the story of the movies, which is cool. I dunno how far they can take this, as obviously the Connors running from robots constantly week to week may get old, but maybe there's more planned than that.

Worth checking out if you like the Terminator movies. The second half of the premiere is on tonight.

I DVR'd the first episode last night, and have it set for again tonight. I'll get to them later this week or weekend.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    You'll enjoy it. I sure did. The chick playing Sarah Connor apparently was also in the movie "300."

The chick playing the female Terminator looks like she just wondered off the set of one of those Dawson's Creek-type shows (hello, late 90's!) from the CW, strapped on a gun, and just started kicking ass. I can deal with that, though.

They tried really hard to recall the movies through the show (voice imitation, "Come with me if you want to live," liquid morphing, etc), which I liked. It truly feels like an extension from where T2 left off.

As good as it was, I just dont know how long they can have episodes of the Connors getting chased by robots from the future week after week, but maybe they have something else in mind.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    You'll enjoy it. I sure did. The chick playing Sarah Connor apparently was also in the movie "300."

The chick playing the female Terminator looks like she just wondered off the set of one of those Dawson's Creek-type shows (hello, late 90's!) from the CW, strapped on a gun, and just started kicking ass. I can deal with that, though.

They tried really hard to recall the movies through the show (voice imitation, "Come with me if you want to live," liquid morphing, etc), which I liked. It truly feels like an extension from where T2 left off.

As good as it was, I just dont know how long they can have episodes of the Connors getting chased by robots from the future week after week, but maybe they have something else in mind.

Yeah, I hope they take it somewhere. It supposed to take it all the way up to the T3 movie....if it lasts that long. I wonder if we'll even see it to the point where Sarah Conner gets diagnosed with leukemia???
    "It's all happening"