Options

Language diversity on the Pit!!

rvprvp Posts: 779
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I don’t know if someone has already asked about this, I couldn’t find it, but I am just curious: which languages do you speak?

I speak, read and write (using a dictionary of course!! ;)) English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish (my mother tongue).

What about you?

EDIT: this was meant to be a poll but I couldnt write it on time!! :(
But I did the poll anyway, its here: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=265276
:D
fuera de este mundo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I speak English, Gibberish and Out-of-my-Ass.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    English of course, and I used to be pretty functional in german, but haven't practiced in years. I know a *smattering* of french, but that's even worse than my german.
  • Options
    I speak English, Gibberish and Out-of-my-Ass.

HAHAHA!

Same here.

I speak a little bit of sign language. I'll do it now... there you go. Did you catch that?
  • Options
    HAHAHA!

Same here.

I speak a little bit of sign language. I'll do it now... there you go. Did you catch that?

:eek: What? Yes I saw it. How could you say that about me? Curses upon you and your children's children. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    EGO tantum narro lingua nostri abbas quod sator senior sui.
  • Options
    EGO tantum narro lingua nostri abbas quod sator senior sui.

haha oh yeah, I also took 4 years of latin in high school!
  • Options
    :eek: What? Yes I saw it. How could you say that about me? Curses upon you and your children's children. :D

hahaha!!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    english and french
    I also understand drunken english and french (which is useful too)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    English and Spanish
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    English, Spanish, Portugese, and some Japanese.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    English and a bit of Irish

An bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    English and French..and just a tiny bit of Spanish (better understood than spoken)
    ..5 years of German at school but can't speak 2 words together, same with Latin and Ancient Greek (talk about overdoing it :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    English and Southernese
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    rvprvp Posts: 779
    this was meant to be a poll but I couldnt write it on time!! :o
    Im gona go ahead and make my poll any way an edit my original post here!!!

EDIT: here is the poll http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=265276
    fuera de este mundo
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I speak english like a poet and french like a drunk.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"