Options

Oh dear me....

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm bored tonight...
If I don't find something to do soon then I'm gonna have to start my uni work :(

Talk to me people. Tell me what you're up to... :p
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have not left my apartment since I got home from work on friday night! The weather in Chicago really sucks and sometimes its good to stay in your pajamas all day.

I was thinking about venturing downstairs to the mailbox to get yesterdays mail :)
  • Options
    i just chased my son round the house singing the mission impossible theme tune and now i'm trying to find something interesting to read on here. it seems to be mainly sport.
  • Options
    Hmmmm! :confused:
    I noticed this too. Time to hit the books I think. :(

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Hmmmm! :confused:
    I noticed this too. Time to hit the books I think. :(

Do it! Study! Theirs nothing much else going on here. :)
  • Options
    I'm at my parents house chilling out, hoping for some drama on the Pit. Getting my tattoo on Wednesday so I'm just Googling tattoos like an excited little kid at Christmas... an excited little kid getting a tattoo? No, that's not right... erm...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    i just chased my son round the house singing the mission impossible theme tune and now i'm trying to find something interesting to read on here. it seems to be mainly sport.

When we meet will you chase me around the bar singing the Mission Impossible theme tune? This has become one of my new 1001 things to do before you die. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    I'm at my parents house chilling out, hoping for some drama on the Pit. Getting my tattoo on Wednesday so I'm just Googling tattoos like an excited little kid at Christmas... an excited little kid getting a tattoo? No, that's not right... erm...

OoooooH! Tattoos!

What ya getting done?

I'm getting my 2nd (1st PJ one) after christmas. Sooooo excited!

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    OoooooH! Tattoos!

What ya getting done?

I'm getting this: http://pvs.k12.nm.us/OutdoorPages/labyrinth/labyrinth-design-6.jpg

either between my shoulder blades, or on my shoulder - not sure yet. My second will be a PJ one as well. :)

• Options
    I'm getting this: http://pvs.k12.nm.us/OutdoorPages/labyrinth/labyrinth-design-6.jpg

either between my shoulder blades, or on my shoulder - not sure yet. My second will be a PJ one as well. :)
    YeeeOuch!
    Tis cool tho :cool:

I have the design for mine already. A very talented friend designed it.
    It's based on Given To Fly. Like you though, I'm not sure where it's gonna go :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options

What's that? Should I know? :o

I don't think the Mission Impossible thing would work with you... It's the way his chubby little legs wobble... and the giggle... and you need a toothbrush! :o:D
  • Options
    YeeeOuch!

Yeah, I know :eek:

I guess I don't believe in doing things half-heartedly ;)

• Options

I guess I don't believe in doing things half-heartedly ;)

Nor me...theres no point...;)

It's gonna hurt tho! :D

Not really :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    What's that? Should I know? :o

I don't think the Mission Impossible thing would work with you... It's the way his chubby little legs wobble... and the giggle... and you need a toothbrush! :o:D

It's a labyrinth - an architectural structure. Medieval monks used to walk around them as part of their pilgrimage, and as a way of doing contemplative prayer. Some cathedrals, especially in France, have beautiful examples. I'll find one, hang on...

http://www.trp.dundee.ac.uk/research/glossary/images/labyrinth.jpg

I could bring a toothbrush, and I giggle - sometimes - but I'm not sure I could get my legs to wobble. :D

• Options
    OoooooH! Tattoos!

What ya getting done?

What's your second going to be?

Mark. Does your's say anything about your state of mind at the mo. or am I reading too much into it?

It looks good!
  • Options
    What's your second going to be?

Mark. Does your's say anything about your state of mind at the mo. or am I reading too much into it?

It looks good!

Yes, it does. Just thinking about trying to explain.. I'll get back to you in a mo :D

Edit: I am a Christian (although I write that reluctantly as it's such a loaded word - I'm certainly no evangelical anymore). I have always been fascinated by ancient faith. Many evangelicals seem to subconsciously think that real Christianity only started in 1970s America. I've always loved labyrinths. The Labyrinth is one path. It's not a maze with dead ends, yet it confuses because it constantly travels inwards, and then back outwards, and then inwards again, until it reaches the centre. Seems like faith is similar. You think you're getting somewhere, but then life turns back on itself again, travels outwards, and then you have to travel inwards again. It's 1 step forward, 3 steps back. But we can only hope that one day we'll reach some kind of centre.

I think the act of tattooing itself seems to be a meaningful experience as well. From my experience, all faiths seem to be about having to go through pain and change in order to see the beauty and purpose in life. There's no light without dark. No ressurection before crucifixion... And the needle is a bit like the nail.

And of course the labyrinth is a LONG ROAD, so there's a bit of PJ in there as well. :D

• Options
    i know this is off topic ppl..but what the hell..you's started it! hah.
    i'm gonna get a PJ tattoo also..thing is local skin artist doesnt have any PJ related drawings...what scares me is...do these ppl (artists) work from what they have or would you trust them to be confident to tattoo something for you
    (dont wanna end up with something that looks like fuck all on me!!!)
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • Options
    monster95 wrote:
    i'm gonna get a PJ tattoo also..thing is local skin artist doesnt have any PJ related drawings...what scares me is...do these ppl (artists) work from what they have or would you trust them to be confident to tattoo something for you

I guess it depends where you go. :)
  • Options
    monster95 wrote:

You can give them a general idea and they'll do their best. They're not going to tattoo you until you've agreed to their design on paper first anyway, so you'll be ok. But make sure you see examples of their work on photographs first.

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I've been thinking of getting a tattoo as well. Planning on getting this on my arm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Gybeslowriot.jpg
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I've been thinking of getting a tattoo as well. Planning on getting this on my arm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Gybeslowriot.jpg

Would you care to elaborate? :o What does it mean?
  • Options
    I WAS WARNED AWAY FROM MY TATTOO PLACE TODAY...

Two guys with very nice tattoos said 'Where are you going to get yours done?' and I told them and they said 'Don't go there, they're very inconsistent and the guy can't draw very well.' And then he said to his mate 'Would you go there to get a tattoo?' and the guy said 'Nope.'

So I've rescheduled.. taken a raincheck on it. I'll do more research and do it maybe in the new year. :( I was SO PSYCHED as well.

• Options
    i'm doing jack

what are you studying at uni?
    wah
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I have not left my apartment since I got home from work on friday night! The weather in Chicago really sucks and sometimes its good to stay in your pajamas all day.

I was thinking about venturing downstairs to the mailbox to get yesterdays mail :)

you're my hero :)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Would you care to elaborate? :o What does it mean?
    It's taken from the cover of the Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada EP by my favourite band (besides Pearl Jam), Godspeed You! Black Emperor. It's hebrew and means "and lo, it was waste and void". The meaning is secondary to the visual appeal for me, and the band reference.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"