Options

"I used only the good notes."

Ridin The WaveRidin The Wave Posts: 552
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm watching one of the cheesiest movies, "The Holiday," for about the 5th time and everytime I watch it this one line makes me melt......

What lines from what movies (cheesy or not) make you melt?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm watching one of the cheesiest movies, "The Holiday," for about the 5th time and everytime I watch it this one line makes me melt......

when the little kid (who was mute) comes up to Bill Murray at the end of Scrooged after Murray's huge end of movie holiday epiphany feel good rant ...

Murray - "Did I forget anything little man?"

kid, (only line of the movie) - " ... and God bless us every one ..."

wow .... whew .... it's getting dusty in here.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    The Green Mile.

When John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan) says "You gon eat your cornbread?"

ooooh how I melt! :D
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Babette's Feast (short story of movie)

There is one long cry from the heart of the artist - give me the chance to do my very best!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options

:) I saw that film for the first time over christmas and thought it was really really really nice. I'd definitely watch it again. That WAS a sweet line.

Hmm... I know there is something jumping at me and I just cant see which line from which film it is... but there's definitely something that gets me everytime.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    the holiday is a very sweet flick. as is love actually and most of those holiday-themed films. love em all! also adore most of the well-done romantic comedies...if meg ryan is in it, i am bound to at the very least watch it once, but more than likely....really like it. :D

i can't recall a specific line, although i am sure there are more than a few......but really, the entire film makes me melt: truly, madly, deeply...the scene where alan rickman reads the nerude poem, in spanish, as juliet stevenson translates......:eek: just wow.

oh and sure, in bridget jones's diary...when mark darcy tells bridget that "i like you just as you are".....sweet.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    qtegirlqtegirl Posts: 321
    Speaking of Love Actually, one of my favorite scenes is the messages on the posters, especially:

"But for now let me say
    without hope or agenda
    Just because it's christmas
    (And at christmas you tell the truth)
    To me, you are perfect..."

I choke up everytime!
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    ET phone home
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,664
    The Incredibles:

"What are you waiting here for?"

Boy on tricycle: "I dunno, something incredible, I guess."
  • Options
    I don't actually know if this makes me melt or if it just makes me nostalgic, but nevertheless, in Fever Pitch, when Drew Barrymore says to Jimmy Fallon in the park

"you have a lyrical soul."

I love that line.
  • Options
    And Spanglish....there are so many lines in Spanglish......most specifically,

"They should name a gender after you. Looking at you doesn't do it. Staring is the only way that makes any sense. And trying not to blink, so you don't miss anything. And all of that, and you're YOU. I mean...Look, forgive me. It's just you are DROP DEAD, CRAZY GORGEOUS! So much so that I'm actually considering looking at you again before we finish up here."
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    qtegirl wrote:
    Speaking of Love Actually, one of my favorite scenes is the messages on the posters, especially:

"But for now let me say
    without hope or agenda
    Just because it's christmas
    (And at christmas you tell the truth)
    To me, you are perfect..."

I choke up everytime!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that movie...but I *hate* that part so much!! Who the hell does he think he is doing that?? It's his best friend's wife!! And, to make matters worse, she kisses him!! Oh dear lord! I am NOT a fan.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    I just watched 'The Village' last night and remembered how much I love the two lines:

"Some people do not do the things they want so other people will not know they want to do them."

"Why will you never stop saying the things that are in yours?" - In response to "Why can you not say the things that are in your head?"
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~