Options

Where are my CA people?

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey,.. So next fall (October 19th) I'll be 25. And I want to go away as my present. So I love love love Cali.. and I was thinking of San Diego, La Jolla, or Santa Barbara.. All of which I have been to a few times, but when I was younger. Anyways.. I was hoping that some of you would be able to give me tips, on cute places to stay, weather at that time, or just anything you want to throw out there. I want to start saving for the trip right after christmas, and It would probably be a 4 day trip.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    oooooooh lets switch places! im in L.A and ure in chicago!!! I LOVE chicago! :D

tell me what u like to do & we can figure this out. No matter what, EVERYWHERE is driveable out here!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Nor Cal here ...

We had our comapny retreat in La Jolla last year, it was a'ight ... but, nothing jumps out at me to recommend.

I've only been out west for 3 years and haven't had a chance to head to San Diego much, but as a huge baseball fan, PetCo park would be a must stop for me. Granted, I don't think the Padres will be playing in October, but, you never know.

ok, I really have nothing useful to add ... I'm too lazy to delete this though ... have fun, happy b-day.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I'm in Altadena, CA (which is about 7 miles north of Los Angeles city limits). I live about 3 miles from the Rose Bowl.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    northern cali here! did you want to stay near the ocean, or check out any mountains and stuff? because yosemite is gorgeous. i grew up there, so i can give you any advice on that. san francisco is a fun city to go to, and if you're here in oct. the weather there is perfect. my sis lives there, so if you need reccomendations on hotels or anything, just let me know.
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    santa barbara is a nice place. the downtown district (aside from the construction) is cool. the art show/fair on the beachfront is very entertaining. cool places to eat. scenery out of town is phenomenal. wine tasting tours are fun. i've visited there several times. last february, at a gas station in goleta, i saw a guy wearing the brown PJ hoodie....only time i've ever seen anyone else, anywhere, other than me, with one on. i took that as a good sign :)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    Orange County Baby!!

and I can get to anywhere in Cali worth getting to within 5 hours driving - and the driving is the best part of the trip!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    Hmm. October. I'm thinking Pomona and the Computer Expo. Heyyyooo
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    Orange County Baby!!

and I can get to anywhere in Cali worth getting to within 5 hours driving - and the driving is the best part of the trip!!

EXXXACTLY!!!! we are a few minutes apart, we should chill out together one day.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    There's a neat little tourist trap of a town called Coronado, which is in San Diego county. The high school there is on 7th st. right off of orange ave.

Across from the PE bldg you'll see an alley way. In that alley way, there's a spot right between a dumpster and large wall where you toke on a doob without being seen. Definitely something you should check out when you're in town.
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Hmm. October. I'm thinking Pomona and the Computer Expo. Heyyyooo

lol. Compton is beautiful in october.

Even though i'm in the OC, i'd go to San Fran as it is such a beautiful place visually and has great eats, bars and fishermans warf is the best for shopping etc. Great fun!
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    i'm partial to santa barbara, for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    sponger wrote:
    There's a neat little tourist trap of a town called Coronado, which is in San Diego county. The high school there is on 7th st. right off of orange ave.

why is it a tourist trap?? i lived in SD for a couple years and Coronado was my favorite beach....
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    why is it a tourist trap?? i lived in SD for a couple years and Coronado was my favorite beach....

I think the fact that the old town trolley tour goes right through it pretty much sums it up. Then again, if your favorite beach is located there, then it must not be a tourist trap after all.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421

Real Thugs Vacation In CPT.

reprezent.
  • Options

Even though i'm in the OC, i'd go to San Fran as it is such a beautiful place visually and has great eats, bars and fishermans warf is the best for shopping etc. Great fun!

Good suggestion although I have to disagree.....Fisherman's Wharf is not a great place to shop, unless you want to buy a keychain, or some other lame tourist trap gift.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Monterey is still my fav place in cali. the aquarium and cannery row pwn anything in san francisco.
  • Options
    im diggin all the compton mentions! i bought my old school gangsta air jordans at compton swap meet!!!! :D

• Options
    sponger wrote:
    I think the fact that the old town trolley tour goes right through it pretty much sums it up. Then again, if your favorite beach is located there, then it must not be a tourist trap after all.

i agree its touristy... but not in a bad way ;) it has my favorite sand out of all the beaches... beautiful views of point loma and downtown from the island... a very relaxing area ...
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    i agree its touristy... but not in a bad way ;) it has my favorite sand out of all the beaches... beautiful views of point loma and downtown from the island... a very relaxing area ...

The term "tourist trap" does not imply that it is not any of the above.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    The term "tourist trap" does not imply that it is not any of the above.
    i thought a tourist trap were the touristy places that only tourists go and they really arent that great.
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    sponger wrote:
    Monterey is still my fav place in cali. the aquarium and cannery row pwn anything in san francisco.
    What's "pwn?"

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    i thought a tourist trap were the touristy places that only tourists go and they really arent that great.

It's wherever there is a tourism industry that gets its dollars from "indirect" sales of goods/services.

In this case, it's the money that's poored into "Coronado" hats, sweatshirts, t-shirts...etc. People go there for the views, but also spend additional dollars on things just because they're there.