hold music

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
'how soon is now'?

:confused:

wow. that's a new one. not sure if i should be impressed or feel like a fossil haha
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 'how soon is now'?

wow. that's a new one. not sure if i should be impressed or feel like a fossil haha

que?????????????????
  • que?????????????????
    yeah! that's what i said! lol

i had called whole foods (didn't really want to but was looking for a sugar-free cake for my mom's bday), and was surprised to hear the smiths. i kinda was hoping to stay on hold for a bit longer haha
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    'how soon is now'?

I'd go with impressed as hell ... it's always a cool feeling to hear a good tune when you least expect it ... in a store, on a commercial ... I don't know why, but, I get such a charge out of it.

I heard the Buzzcocks once on hold ... I was *this* close to asking the lady to put me back on hold so I could finish the tune, but it was the cable company and they used to make me wait enough as it was.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • yeah! that's what i said! lol

i had called whole foods (didn't really want to but was looking for a sugar-free cake for my mom's bday), and was surprised to hear the smiths. i kinda was hoping to stay on hold for a bit longer haha

do you mean really sugar free or sugar free with fake sugar...there's a big yucky difference......:)

and I have no idea what the smiths sing:)
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I'd go with impressed as hell ... it's always a cool feeling to hear a good tune when you least expect it ... in a store, on a commercial ... I don't know why, but, I get such a charge out of it.

I heard the Buzzcocks once on hold ... I was *this* close to asking the lady to put me back on hold so I could finish the tune, but it was the cable company and they used to make me wait enough as it was.
    oh i was definitely impressed, was just bracing myself for the dentist-esque drivel one is normally subjected to!
  • do you mean really sugar free or sugar free with fake sugar...there's a big yucky difference......:)

and I have no idea what the smiths sing:)
    i don't know much of their stuff either, just a couple tunes. that happened to be my favorite of theirs :)

really sugar free, or at least sweetened with natural juices. fake sugar is nasty!
  • i don't know much of their stuff either, just a couple tunes. that happened to be my favorite of theirs :)

really sugar free, or at least sweetened with natural juices. fake sugar is nasty!

certain sugars should only be used for certain things..take splenda for instance - it tastes great in foods and baking however sweet n low is horrible in foods and baking....
  • LOL I love the irony of waiting on hold to 'how soon is now?' :D

Great song too :)

I guess if companies didn't want people to wait they could put on shite music.. if I was on hold and Celine Dion was playing I would probably hang up :eek:
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    At the last place I worked I was asked to provide an on-hold song.

I chose "Hold On", by Eddie Vedder and the Pearl Jam Five.

I wonder if that's still the music....I should call. :p
  • hands yes that's a good point about the baking fake sugar stuff! we might just end up getting a regular cake, it's for my mom's bday and she's a diabetic but she can have a little slice and still be okay

true smalltown, if it was celine i'd burn the phone lol

and very cool sennin :p