Options

David Lynch's Inland Empire

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
He did it again. After Lost highway and Mulholland Drive, he created another amazing and brilliant film

david lynch is a genius

he refuses to play down to the viewer, and from the first second of film the viewer is left to fend for themselves and interpret whats going on.

he refuses to follow traditional story lines, and chronology.

hell of a film

can you imagine what his scripts must look like upon first viewing? How would one even make sense of it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    awesome. i didn't even know he came out with a new one. i just imdb'd it, was it even released in the US? i see it's quite long though... 197 minutes at the Camerimage Film Fest! good lord. i'll have to keep an eye open for it anyhow
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options

can you imagine what his scripts must look like upon first viewing? How would one even make sense of it?
    Like you can make sense of them when they're edited and on screen? :confused:

I hate David Lynch films... they're the kind that I don't even WANT to have a clue what's going on. I just wanna turn over.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I've been looking the DVD with spanich subtitles for a while and I haven't found them yet :mad:
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    Hi there!

Recognized this thread a little late. Maybe you wanna join my discussion...

forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266196&highlight=Inland+Empire
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague