Options

btw, i feel like crap.

justjoshingujustjoshingu Posts: 538
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
i had really bad allergies this weekend. was stopped up. got infection. head now throbbing. cant hear real well. cant think real well. and lots of running nose. and nuclear green and yellow gross snot. blah.

and i am dirt poor till wed, so no mula for meds.
mean people suck!
but nice people sw****w

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i'm right there with ya. Started a round of antibiotics and a steroid pack today.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I have a horrific sore throat and the Doc can't see me until Wed morning!

I have a low grade fever, so I guess I'm not bad...

Hope you feel better JustJosh and Indian!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    I have a horrific sore throat and the Doc can't see me until Wed morning!

I have a low grade fever, so I guess I'm not bad...

Hope you feel better JustJosh and Indian!!

Yeah those damn doctors offices are shit....when you're really sick you can't get in immediatly. Try one of those urgent care centers, they can usually get you in quick and only charge you a co-pay not an ER charge.....I work in the hospital, and thank god the doc I work for hooked me up today.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    i was supposed to start a rotation in the ICU but i emailed my preceptor and asked if i can work in the library until i am no longer contagious.

and a bunch of friends were going out tonite to watch the bcs game. but i stayed home and ate chicken noodle soup.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    i was supposed to start a rotation in the ICU but i emailed my preceptor and asked if i can work in the library until i am no longer contagious.

and a bunch of friends were going out tonite to watch the bcs game. but i stayed home and ate chicken noodle soup.

poor baby.....keep resting and drinking liquids!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    I had really bad allergies up until my late teens, when 2 straight years of shooting beconase up my nose finally made a difference.

Every now and then when I'm doing spring cleaning I'll get a major allergy attack where I'll just continually be squeezing for hours on end.

Earlier this year I had to deal with morphine withdrawal after being on it for about 2 months. That was a living nightmare to say the least. I remember thinking it was like suffering from anxiety, except multiplied by 1000. I actually spent a few moments trying to come up with the right multiplier. I was sure it was 1000.

I could hardly sleep for several days, and I began to notice my leg would involuntarily kick every now and then.

So, I googled morphine withdrawal symptoms and discovered that the term "kick the habit" actually comes from that leg reaction that opioid addicts get when they're going through withdrawal.

Hope that makes you feel better.
  • Options
    Yeah those damn doctors offices are shit....when you're really sick you can't get in immediatly. Try one of those urgent care centers, they can usually get you in quick and only charge you a co-pay not an ER charge.....I work in the hospital, and thank god the doc I work for hooked me up today.

Sorry... They charge you to go to ER?? :confused:

Try going to the doctors and shouting and throwing a tantrum... that normally works. ;)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Sorry... They charge you to go to ER?? :confused:

they dont have NHS in the US... richest country in the world but they spend all their money on bombing really poor countries.

:confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    they dont have NHS in the US... richest country in the world but they spend all their money on bombing really poor countries.

the rest we blow on shitty healthcare. We're well on our way to NOT being the richest company any longer though.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0765165020080108

Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    i had really bad allergies this weekend. was stopped up. got infection. head now throbbing. cant hear real well. cant think real well. and lots of running nose. and nuclear green and yellow gross snot. blah.

and i am dirt poor till wed, so no mula for meds.

boil water in a mug, put a towel over your head and steam your face.

it'll really help you!

I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

i find that quite shocking... 1/6th of the country doesnt have adequate healthcare due to having NO insurance!?!?

fucking crazy system imho
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.