Options

Not Worth ....

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
the $$$ to actually loose contact/stop talking to family members ,i personally know of two families that no longer talk to one of their own family members because of money issues ,i say keep the money and extend my hand out to them before i loose them it's not worth it no amount of $$ ,take the high road ,anyone agree please discuss ...
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    the $$$ to actually loose contact/stop talking to family members ,i personally know of two families that no longer talk to one of their own family members because of money issues ,i say keep the money and extend my hand out to them before i loose them it's not worth it no amount of $$ ,take the high road ,anyone agree please discuss ...

I stopped talking to my mom for a couple of years, but it wasn't over money. Regardless, it was not worth it in the long run as I missed out a lot (as did she) and I am thankful to be talking to her again. My sister on the other hand...
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I stopped talking to my mom for a couple of years, but it wasn't over money. Regardless, it was not worth it in the long run as I missed out a lot (as did she) and I am thankful to be talking to her again. My sister on the other hand...

hey i'm glad you started to talk again i've come close to those kinds of situations my self and i will never cross that line i just can't that has to be very hard not to have contact with a sibling or parent ......
  • Options
    I don't speak to a few of my sisters but it has nothing to do with money, a few of them dislike my lifestyle choices and two of them feel that I am a bad influence on their lives...I would talk to them and be pleasant when given the opportunity because I don't think that I have the right to make other people in my family feel discomfort. I have not spoken to a brother of mine (this is rare for me since I have always gotten on better with the boys) in over 6 years, but that is because he has "cut me out of his life" I think he had a bible passage in there something about casting off offending hands...whatever. Anytime he sees me he only says the same sentence "I am praying for you" it's pretty insulting, but I try to maintain a level of courtesy.

- I have made loans to many of my siblings over the years...they call them loans, but my father told me once to always look at them as "gifts" and if they are returned then it will be a pleasant surprise instead of a long -awaited return. I have received one returned gift...the others are long gone, and there is a sister that makes repeated trips to the bank of Perseph...if you get my drift. I had to tell her that I couldnt afford her lifestyle, so she stopped speaking to me. I don't sweat it though, her birthday is coming up in May so I am sure she will resume a conversational - grade relationship. ;)

Back when I was an Art student and "finding myself" :groan: I borrowed money from my Dad, and from one of my brothers...but I paid them back once I was able.

overall I think that Money should always be viewed as a means to an end and not the end itself...

I sometimes think about that line from "A Bronx Tale" where the Mob dude tells Cologgio(sp) about the kid that owes "C" 20 bucks, he tells him, was he a good friend?? if he was a good friend then it was a gift, if he wasn't a good friend then figure that it only cost you 20 bucks for the asshole to leave you alone...or something like that. (it may not be the Godfather, but it still can give you good life lessons! gotta love those movies...Godfather I & II, Bronx Tale, Goodfellas...what was I saying?? oh god that is way off topic! sorry!!!)

:o
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    I don't speak to a few of my sisters but it has nothing to do with money, a few of them dislike my lifestyle choices and two of them feel that I am a bad influence on their lives...I would talk to them and be pleasant when given the opportunity because I don't think that I have the right to make other people in my family feel discomfort. I have not spoken to a brother of mine (this is rare for me since I have always gotten on better with the boys) in over 6 years, but that is because he has "cut me out of his life" I think he had a bible passage in there something about casting off offending hands...whatever. Anytime he sees me he only says the same sentence "I am praying for you" it's pretty insulting, but I try to maintain a level of courtesy.

- I have made loans to many of my siblings over the years...they call them loans, but my father told me once to always look at them as "gifts" and if they are returned then it will be a pleasant surprise instead of a long -awaited return. I have received one returned gift...the others are long gone, and there is a sister that makes repeated trips to the bank of Perseph...if you get my drift. I had to tell her that I couldnt afford her lifestyle, so she stopped speaking to me. I don't sweat it though, her birthday is coming up in May so I am sure she will resume a conversational - grade relationship. ;)

Back when I was an Art student and "finding myself" :groan: I borrowed money from my Dad, and from one of my brothers...but I paid them back once I was able.

overall I think that Money should always be viewed as a means to an end and not the end itself...

I sometimes think about that line from "A Bronx Tale" where the Mob dude tells Cologgio(sp) about the kid that owes "C" 20 bucks, he tells him, was he a good friend?? if he was a good friend then it was a gift, if he wasn't a good friend then figure that it only cost you 20 bucks for the asshole to leave you alone...or something like that. (it may not be the Godfather, but it still can give you good life lessons! gotta love those movies...Godfather I & II, Bronx Tale, Goodfellas...what was I saying?? oh god that is way off topic! sorry!!!)

:o

whoa just whoa i don't know what to say to all of that except that you seem like you have the correct way to approach your situation, people like that just seem so closed minded it's sad really that they think less of you because of the way you choose to live your life ....it's their loss and not by your hand ..
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I have learned from personal experience with siblings and now nieces and nephews....the more you give them, the more they ask for. NO is a complete sentence. I would give them money, food,clothing, a 3 year old car to my mother in law(who wreaked it while drunk) let them stay at my house for weeks at a time, was asked to foster some of their kids, etc.....and they would be smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol or even doing drugs.....use YOUR OWN $$! With siblings their children were used as pawns, and now those children are repeating history! We have a niece who at 21 has just had her third baby in less then 3 years, we were asked by my mother in law how we live with ourselves not helping her and the kids. My hubby simply replied, one accident we would be there for our niece, but purposely bringing an additional two innocent children in to this world when you don't have a dime to your name, and a shite for a boyfriend....why the hell would we support that? We might as well take the kids in, they will never have anything..the best thing for those kids would be for child protective services to take them away and put them in Foster homes. Recently we were also asked to help my brother in law save his house when he was put in jail, we said no, and guess what.....he ended up giving up on the house anyway....so we would have flushed thousands of dollars down the toilet. Do ya think I'm a bit bitter? We decided that our own family comes first.....people will go out and get their own money if no one gives it to them. Get a second job like my hubby did when we had nothing.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    I have not spoken to a brother of mine (this is rare for me since I have always gotten on better with the boys) in over 6 years, but that is because he has "cut me out of his life" I think he had a bible passage in there something about casting off offending hands...whatever. Anytime he sees me he only says the same sentence "I am praying for you" it's pretty insulting, but I try to maintain a level of courtesy.
    Next time he pulls that shit you grab your crotch and say, "Pray for this, bible boy."

Then run with your ams flailing around.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    My mum and her sister fell out over money. It's so silly. Money would never come between me and MY brother.

I fell out with friend over money once though. It was my fault. I guess she wasn't really my friend.
  • Options
    Ahhhh...when the ego overtakes the act of communication.

I'm right until you die...then I win.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Next time he pulls that shit you grab your crotch and say, "Pray for this, bible boy."

Then run with your ams flailing around.

that is why he prays for me to begin with! hahhaa ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.