Options

cheaters

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
i've recently stumbled upon this great show. if you haven't seen it and you enjoy trainwreck television, i highly recommend it.

the premise is someone thinks their significant other is cheating on them so they go to cheaters. cheaters detectives follow the person around for a few days/weeks and video tape them in the daily lives. when they have enough evidence, they present it to the original client. next, they go and confront the cheater. hilarity ensues.

http://www.cheaters.com

joey greco rules.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have watched a few episodes. Mostly late night when I've been drinking. It is totally trashy. I love it.
  • Options
    I have watched a few episodes. Mostly late night when I've been drinking. It is totally trashy. I love it.
    i was about to say the same thing, whenever i've seen it it's been late at night when i'm smashed. it'd feel alien to see it during the day sober, probably wouldn't be as good lol
  • Options
    Two highlights from this show. One, a guy gets confronted and starts lighting up the camera guys with a paintball gun. And then, of course, the episode where Greco gets stabbed. It's so funny to see him act like he's on death's door when the wound is so small they have to zoom in on it.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Quite a poor show, just like all the other crap on television nowadays
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options

Yeah. It's on about lunchtime here. God, I hate it!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Two highlights from this show. One, a guy gets confronted and starts lighting up the camera guys with a paintball gun. And then, of course, the episode where Greco gets stabbed. It's so funny to see him act like he's on death's door when the wound is so small they have to zoom in on it.

HE GETS STABBED??!?!!??!! HAHAHAHAHA! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I AM LAUGHING I JUST AM!!!!!

Can you you tube that chit? I gotta when I get home!!!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    That's one crazy show for sure. I don't know if the local tv guide translates the synopsis of the show from the original one or they just write them with tongue in cheek fashion for fun, but i usually just read them and only watch the episode if i'm bored enough at that (very late) hour.

an example from next friday's episode:
    "Programmer Michael Hawthorne (24) believes his accountant wife (29) is keeping an account of her sorrows with another man. He's right! The laptop guy turns out to be a man called Randolph Bono; a jacuzzeing, masked orgy and weasel skin cape-kinda dude.

Hair stylist Lindsay Stewart (22) has suspicions that her archive keeper husband Ron Carter (24) is bored with the present. Exactly! The man is found in a restaurant with a rather chubby Cassandra Stevens...and that's not all since Ron "the fly" Carter's pants are down in his ankles, yay."

Classic stuff

and here's the stabbing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NITG3uHwtWo
  • Options

well, it's not a classy show like, say...Jerry Springer. But it will do in a pinch. :D
  • Options
    well, it's not a classy show like, say...Jerry Springer. But it will do in a pinch. :D
    it's like junk food for the eyes, has no redeeming quality to it but in the right circumstance (i.e. wasted) hits the spot :D
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    it's like junk food for the eyes, has no redeeming quality to it but in the right circumstance (i.e. wasted) hits the spot :D

but...it's not fattening like junk food!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    next week they feature the Patriots and Bill Bellichick
  • Options
    this was the best episode. guy finds out his gf is having sex with another dude in the back of the car he bought, confronts them, then gets his ass knocked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w8Wp6dsQDo&feature=related

the best has to be the guy saying "big time!" after he clocks him, hahahaa
  • Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    Cheaters is a fake show. My teacher's friend got asked to go on the show and confirmed it was definitely fake. Though I guess that doesn't take away from the show for some people.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Options
    drunkcow wrote:
    Cheaters is a fake show. My teacher's friend got asked to go on the show and confirmed it was definitely fake. Though I guess that doesn't take away from the show for some people.

It is even more hilarious now that I know this. The mind that would think up a fake reality show based on this whole premise...I don't even have the words for how fantastic that is.

and by "fantastic", I actually mean "warped".
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    It is the perfect premise for a reality show...it shows people at their worst, and having to think of an excuse on-the-spot, in front of TV cameras.

The lie detector show on Fox will top it.....they ask people questions that can get them in deep trouble!
  • Options
    I've been watching this show on and off for years !

Just like evryone else it would be on late while I was drunk

Recently I have noticed its really looking set-up and fake

I didn't get that impression in the beginning, maybe they had better actors
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    drunkcow wrote:

And they hire some awful actors. But I love the fact that it's filmed here in Dallas. I'm always looking for the Cheaters van when I'm out and about.

They filmed it on the DART Rail one day. <3 (I'm easily amused.)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I am anticipating the episode where the the victim of the cheating joins the cheater and the other person for a threesome....once that happens, you know the show is hurting for ideas!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Ever see the Univision (spanish speaking) version of it called, 'Secretos'?
    Carbon copy en espanol. Those guys fight like wusses... sissy slapping each other. Even more fake that our version.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    On the trailer trash scale of 1 - 10 this one gets a 10+ golden hubcap award.

They all pretty much have front teeth though, so there are a few standards.

One of the better ones was girl cheating on her guy with another girl.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    i've recently stumbled upon this great show. if you haven't seen it and you enjoy trainwreck television, i highly recommend it.

the premise is someone thinks their significant other is cheating on them so they go to cheaters. cheaters detectives follow the person around for a few days/weeks and video tape them in the daily lives. when they have enough evidence, they present it to the original client. next, they go and confront the cheater. hilarity ensues.

http://www.cheaters.com

joey greco rules.

they haven't given it in NY for awhile now.
    I miss igotid88