Options

Klausen Screens 'N' Spokes '08 print still available!

100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,632
edited September 2008 in The Porch
only a few left. help support a GREAT cause!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Kg31Hjn10S0/SMtJ_G16wwI/AAAAAAAAAUU/0uy1_RyaAGc/s1600-h/SNS_Klausen.jpg

email screensnspokes@gmail.com to purchase the print, while supplies last!
To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    100 Pacer wrote:
    only a few left. help support a GREAT cause!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Kg31Hjn10S0/SMtJ_G16wwI/AAAAAAAAAUU/0uy1_RyaAGc/s1600-h/SNS_Klausen.jpg

email screensnspokes@gmail.com to purchase the print, while supplies last!
    omg its beautiful... how much are they? i have no idea what this is even for...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    omg its beautiful... how much are they? i have no idea what this is even for...

$100, plus $10 shipping for US buyers, $25 shipping for CDN buyers. you'll need to confirm postage with the fine folks at SNS for addresses outside the US.

more info can be found here: http://screensnspokes.blogspot.com/2008/09/screens-n-spokes-2008-sale-details.html

Screens 'N' Spokes : Where bikes and art come together to benefit the National MS Society.

here's what bK had to say about the print he created:

Originally i was going to do a poster involving a bike or two...but then in an email you wrote "MS stops people from moving. We exist to make sure it doesn't"

And that struck a cord with me...movement..

My poster depicts the Hindu deity Ganesh, who has many attributes...one being that he is the remover of obstacles. If MS stops people from moving, then that is an obstacle in their life, something impeding their movement. The bike ride and poster show helps raise money to make sure MS does not stop them from moving. You are helping remove the obstacles that stand in their way. In my portrait of Ganesh i have him holding a wheel in his left hand...the symbol of movement and progress as well as the obvious symbol of the bike. In his right hand is a white orb or sphere, this represents consciousness...a ball of light if you will. Consciousness is the light of the universe, that which connects all things...through putting on this event and gathering artists to create art and the gathering of people who will attend the show, you have connected many minds to focus on helping others with MS...hopefully that collection of thought, of consciousness, will help generate the healing power of the light of the universe.

Behind Ganesh he is holding a crop circle design that appeared at Gog Magog Hills in Cambridge, England in July of 2001. This particular crop circle is known as "The Angel". Now the general public tends to not pay much attention to crop circles, and scoff at them saying they are man made...and a percentage of them are in fact man made. But as one researcher said, anyone who has read a book about crop circles, been to a lecture, watched a dvd, or actually been in a crop circle knows that there is something much larger taking place. No one knows for sure why they are here or what they are communicating or how they were made...but everyone involved with them, with studying them and being around them, speaks of how there is tremendous energy within them...some researchers believe they are messages of love being sent from the consciousness of the universe. The main form of communication is through unbelievable geometric patterns, mainly expressed through circles...again, this comes into play with the bike race....the power of the circle, of the wheel....to heal, to enlighten.

With this piece i wanted to convey ideas of healing, progress and love...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    $100, plus $10 shipping for US buyers, $25 shipping for CDN buyers. you'll need to confirm postage with the fine folks at SNS for addresses outside the US.

more info can be found here: http://screensnspokes.blogspot.com/2008/09/screens-n-spokes-2008-sale-details.html

Screens 'N' Spokes : Where bikes and art come together to benefit the National MS Society.
    shit its such a good cause and such a nice poster...
    but i'm such a poor student and my bank account is such a disaster...

who wants to buy doin'the-evolution an early christmas present!? ;)
  • Options
    okay since i'm all saving up on responsibility in going to school and NOT oktoberfest (as much as I WANT TOOOO)

i'm buying this poster HAHA

i'm an idiot but at least the walls will look nice :rolleyes:

thanks for the info
  • Options
    I bought one yesterday along with one of Brad's variants on ebay. Sunday was very expencive for me! Its all worth it!!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    'm buying this poster HAHA

well done.
    I bought one yesterday along with one of Brad's variants on ebay. Sunday was very expencive for me! Its all worth it!!

which variant purchase was yours? :)

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    well done.

which variant purchase was yours? :)

Lets just say it was not the most expencive one to go but, it was not the cheapest by any means.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,385
    scored brad's poster yesterday! :)

just got this email from Screens 'N' Spokes 2008

Good evening everybody,

We had a great time at our final opening at Chapterhouse on Friday. Everything looks great and prints are being snapped up off the walls.

With the end of our openings, it was time to start loading all these beautiful prints onto our online store. As of last night, we now have nearly every print up on our etsy site and available for purchase. A ton of amazing work was put into making this show a reality, and we hope you'll find something in the 2008 prints that you'll love.

Just a reminder, all of this incredible art was designed and created specifically for the 2008 Screens 'N' Spokes show and as an incredibly generous gift to the Multiple Sclerosis Society. 100% of the proceeds we collect from the show goes directly towards helping create a world free of MS.

Over the weekend we began selling prints by Jay Ryan, Brad Klausen and Mike Munter. We still have a few available, and they can be purchased by e-mailing us at screensnspokes[at]gmail[dot]com.

The rest of the prints can be found and our handy dandy Etsy site:
    http://screensnspokes.etsy.com

Please tell your biking friends, your art-loving friends, or just anyone you think might be interested in what we are doing.

Thanks so much for the support,
    Jess and Sam
    Team Screens 'N' Spokes
  • Options
    I wish I had an extra $100. This is a beautiful poster. I really appreciate what this is for. I have MS and am thankful to those who have contributed to this and bought the poster.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this