Options

Fisher Price Animal Train

Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Holy Crap!

If anyone is looking to buy a toy for a YOUNG child...this could be the one.

I don't think it has any recalls or anything. It's cute, fun and educational...

BUT...Here's the thing....

IT IS INDESTRUCTABLE!!!!!

For over a year...my little monster has hurled that thing across the room 10-15x daily. It still works like it was purchased yesterday. NO other toy has come close to standing the test of time...and Dylan...quite like that one. And he loooves it.

Just sharing...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Holy Crap!

For over a year...my little monster has hurled that thing across the room 10-15x daily. It still works like it was purchased yesterday. NO other toy has come close to standing the test of time...and Dylan...quite like that one. And he loooves it.

Just sharing...

Now I have the song it plays in my head...lol. :D

Yeah, that thing is really sturdy! My little girl was trying to put her foot in the second/third car thing, like it was a skateboard or something. :D
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    my 3 kids have abused the heck out of this toy and it's still working!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Get your little monster some GeoTrax next! Fisher Price makes the most awesome and indestructable toys that are in the mainstream market.
    GeoTrax are aweseome! I dont know if my little one had that train, but I have a whole collection of vintage Fisher Price toys that I have let him play with. Like they are made of steel!
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Holy Crap!

Just sharing...

I have a little monster named Dylan too :) But he is now 8. Are you coming tomorrow?
  • Options
    Now I have the song it plays in my head...lol. :D

Yeah, that thing is really sturdy! My little girl was trying to put her foot in the second/third car thing, like it was a skateboard or something. :D

Yeah...My son weighs bout 30 pounds. He will stand in the first car to make the song play.

One of the best toy investments I've ever made.

(So much so that I felt compelled to make a thread about it!!) :D
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Fisher Price makes the most awesome and indestructable toys that are in the mainstream market.

I got Annabelle a couple of Little Tikes toys for Christmas, and while they are cute, the quality is REALLY lacking. Her FP toys can really take an Annabelle-style beat-down and still work just fine. :D
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I got Annabelle a couple of Little Tikes toys for Christmas, and while they are cute, the quality is REALLY lacking. Her FP toys can really take an Annabelle-style beat-down and still work just fine. :D
    I agree....I used to Love Little Tykes. Cool stuff, inexpensive.
    Crap quality.
    I feel like we all should be trading recipes here! :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Get your little monster some GeoTrax next! Fisher Price makes the most awesome and indestructable toys that are in the mainstream market.
    GeoTrax are aweseome! I dont know if my little one had that train, but I have a whole collection of vintage Fisher Price toys that I have let him play with. Like they are made of steel!

Cool! Thanks for the tip!

Another one of Dylan's favorite toys is the Leapfrog Magnetic Fridge Animal Set. However...we went through three of them between April and December. When the third one broke...He was just out of luck. (It's only a $15 toy...and he loved, loved loved it...that's why I kept replacing. Done with that!!!!)
  • Options
    I like the Little People stuff...

disclaimer * even though we haven't done it in awhile, I don't want the above quote used in Lou's ' quote'thread! :)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,271
    I like the Little People stuff...

disclaimer * even though we haven't done it in awhile, I don't want the above quote used in Lou's ' quote'thread! :)
    You can't use disclaimers to avoid that thread...too bad Lou's not here to quote you. I have to it the road, so no time to dig it up myself...maybe later midget lover. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    You can't use disclaimers to avoid that thread...too bad Lou's not here to quote you. I have to it the road, so no time to dig it up myself...maybe later midget lover. ;)

I should've known... :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Cool! Thanks for the tip!

Another one of Dylan's favorite toys is the Leapfrog Magnetic Fridge Animal Set. However...we went through three of them between April and December. When the third one broke...He was just out of luck. (It's only a $15 toy...and he loved, loved loved it...that's why I kept replacing. Done with that!!!!)

the one with the barn and the two halves of the animals that you have to match up?? i love that one!... i mean, my nephew loves that one... :o:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Holy Crap!

Just sharing...

is that the one with the big animals, like 10" tall? i thought about that one for my 11 mo old for Christmas, but opted for other things. maybe he'll get it for his birthday in Feb. Thanks for the tip!
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    is that the one with the big animals, like 10" tall? i thought about that one for my 11 mo old for Christmas, but opted for other things. maybe he'll get it for his birthday in Feb. Thanks for the tip!

That's the one!!! :)

I bought it for my son last Christmas when he was almost 10 months and he still beats the crap out of it...I mean plays with it...every day without fail. :)
  • Options
    the one with the barn and the two halves of the animals that you have to match up?? i love that one!... i mean, my nephew loves that one... :o:D

"You put a cow in front...you put a pig behind...put them together and what do you find? A cow-pig?!?! Awwww...That's silly." :D

Yeah...that one. ;)
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    "You put a cow in front...you put a pig behind...put them together and what do you find? A cow-pig?!?! Awwww...That's silly." :D

Yeah...that one. ;)

LMAO... :D:D:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~