Options

Crazy Weather

kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Lol, it was like 8 Celsius at like 4 o'clock et, and it's now -3 Celsius at almost 7 lol, crazy wind is howling.
London 2005
Toronto 2011 night 2
Hamilton 2011
London 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I know....snow all last week and then today relatively warm and rained all day...The weather dudes put out a "Flash Freeze" warning.
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    Celsius?

Please.
  • Options
    Celsius?

Please.
    Canadian eh... sorry really don't know farenheit
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Celsius?

Please.
    yes...what most of the world uses as a temperature measure...lol... 8 celcius is about 50 F I'm guessing...give or take a few degrees
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    I'm getting the same thing...this lady at the grocery store was getting blown across the parking lot.... It was actually a bit entertaining.

Oh, and Celsius all the way it makes so much more sense...water freezes at zero. Fahrenheit is so broken in this mentality. Zero should be zero not freakin 32!

hehe
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    I'm getting the same thing...this lady at the grocery store was getting blown across the parking lot.... It was actually a bit entertaining.

Oh, and Celsius all the way it makes so much more sense...water freezes at zero. Fahrenheit is so broken in this mentality. Zero should be zero not freakin 32!

hehe
    Yeah I agree...I always argue with my Dad about that....water freezes at zero . and he's like no...32.....Then I try to explain it's makes more sense and easier to understand. -5 means 5 degrees below freezing. not 20F or whatever...we can argue for hours after a few beers on that...LOL
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

lol, the lady was getting blown? sorry, it was just funny how this was worded. :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Well at least it looks like it's gonna be a white christmas.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Take that celsius crap back to russia, commies.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Take that celsius crap back to russia, commies.

lol, wtf??
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    nice pointless thread to pave way for your 2,000 thread. :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    nice pointless thread to pave way for your 2,000 thread. :D
    This thread is serious, i haven't seen weather like this in along time.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Celsius?

Please.
    8 = 46
    -3 = 27
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    8 = 46
    -3 = 27

On a side note...I was visiting my friend last year in Tampa and ended up talking some chicks we met at a pub and anyways we were talking about weather and they asked me how hot it got in summer if it even did get hot..I said in the summer usually average in the upper 20's like 27-28 and we get heat waves like 35c and such...She was like what? That's freakin cold...lol..I had to explain to her that 28c is around 82F and 35c is about 98F...Imagine what she thought our winters were if she thought I meant 35F was hot in summer....lol...crazy chicks
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    wolfbear wrote:
    8 = 46
    -3 = 27

I'm boiling hot here in Maui...it's about 85 F....28 C... Went to Jaws today - quite boring, nothing going on. Very fithy road in, that's for sure. localized rain, blazing sun = VERY humid. But still, lovin' every moment of it!

Heading back to snow (?) and rain on Tuesday...blechhh....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    On a side note...I was visiting my friend last year in Tampa and ended up talking some chicks we met at a pub and anyways we were talking about weather and they asked me how hot it got in summer if it even did get hot..I said in the summer usually average in the upper 20's like 27-28 and we get heat waves like 35c and such...She was like what? That's freakin cold...lol..I had to explain to her that 28c is around 82F and 35c is about 98F...Imagine what she thought our winters were if she thought I meant 35F was hot in summer....lol...crazy chicks
    Haha, funny story. I have to admit until I moved so close to Canada, I really didn't pay that much attention to celsius, although I did have a fairly good idea. ;) I love it now though, just makes so much more sense. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I'm boiling hot here in Maui...it's about 85 F....28 C... Went to Jaws today - quite boring, nothing going on. Very fithy road in, that's for sure. localized rain, blazing sun = VERY humid. But still, lovin' every moment of it!

I feel for ya! Glad you're having fun! What is Jaws though? No snow predicted as yet that I see, but lots of rain! :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Haha, funny story. I have to admit until I moved so close to Canada, I really didn't pay that much attention to celsius, although I did have a fairly good idea. ;) I love it now though, just makes so much more sense. :)

Glad to see someone else thinking it makes more sense from south of the border...lol...but seriously...doesn't it make so much more sense?
    Ok I should correct myself as well...not just people south of the border...people over 50 in Canada as well still think in the F....like my Dad...good times we have arguing and having beers....lol
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    Yeah I agree...I always argue with my Dad about that....water freezes at zero . and he's like no...32.....Then I try to explain it's makes more sense and easier to understand. -5 means 5 degrees below freezing. not 20F or whatever...we can argue for hours after a few beers on that...LOL

Exactly, certain things are meant to be certain ways for certain reasons. Water also boils at a 100 deg celcius....a very simple very easy way to identify temperature.

Anything under zero being freezing and increasing colder in the most understandable format possible; a simple and direct linear numbering scale from a fixed (and incredible easy to remember) reference point: the zero.

Centimeters is another thing...hehe

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

Sounds killer! I'd take it all.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Exactly, certain things are meant to be certain ways for certain reasons. Water also boils at a 100 deg celcius....a very simple very easy way to identify temperature.

Anything under zero being freezing and increasing colder in the most understandable format possible; a simple and direct linear numbering scale from a fixed (and incredible easy to remember) reference point: the zero.

Centimeters is another thing...hehe

EXACTLY.....it's really about the point of reference...
    and with the centimeter thing...well...I'm with ya onthat as well...I like inches and feet....Centimeters I can deal with...but I not sold on the kilogram for weight..still messed up.... I like being 5'11" and 195 pounds....not ??whatever centimeters or meters and so many kilograms...
    there is good and bad to both systems
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    wolfbear wrote:
    I feel for ya! Glad you're having fun! What is Jaws though? No snow predicted as yet that I see, but lots of rain! :)

Jaws is that big tow-in surf area by Laird Hamilton's house (Iconoclasts). Took forever to walk there...and then, there was no surf. If it ain't 15 ft or higher, nothing's gonna happen to make it 40+ feet. It was an interesting walk, to say the least. Very hot and humid with a STRONG wind and a little bit of rain. I wanted to run through the pineapple plants yelling "Army!", but they looked far too prickly and I was wearing flip flops...
    be philanthropic