Cry-baby Ravens!

lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
whah, whah, whah!.. I would be embarrassed to be a Ravens fan right now..

what a bunch of babies!!!

like the ref at the game said.. "show some class"

"Defensively, the Ravens ..pressured Brady as well as any team has this season.But then, when it mattered most, it all unraveled spectacularly for Baltimore. Boller's inexplicable decision to throw deep - whom was he throwing to, anyway? - with a 24-17 lead in the fourth quarter was a mental error reminiscent of Eagles quarterback A.J. Feeley's ill-timed pass the previous week. It was a moment that required clarity, and instead was executed with haste, and a mild sense of panic. We can debate whether Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan had the authority to call the timeout, or whether he should have called the timeout, or whether coach Brian Billick knew he was going to call the timeout on that critical fourth-and-1 play, but to me, what transpired after the call was also significant. The emotional response of the defensive players was telling. Disappointment and frustration would have been understandable, but the anger and disbelief they directed toward the sideline was not only disrespectful, it was counterproductive. The game was still on the line, and the Ravens' dissension was there in full view, for all to see.
Yet that lack of composure paled in comparison to Bart Scott's implosion after the Jabar Gaffney touchdown. Scott's back-to-back unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were crushing to a team that, in case he forgot, was still within a field goal of sending the game into overtime.
If Mason was so concerned about the officials calling a fair game, shouldn't he have expected to be flagged himself when he shoved Randall Gay aside, then hooked Asante Samuel's left arm on the final, desperate pass to Mark Clayton?
But luck has nothing to do with why, on two of their final three offensive series of the night, the Ravens couldn't manufacture a first down. On their final drive, they did rip off gains of 13 and 12 yards, but the Patriots were in their prevent defense.

Luck has nothing to do with why, when Reed intercepted Brady in the second quarter, Kevin Faulk had the presence of mind to strip the ball so his team could regain possession.

And who would dare suggest Brady's engineering of the winning drive was luck, especially since it's the 27th time in his career he's orchestrated a come-from-behind victory in the fourth quarter? Twenty-seven times. Chew on that number for a while.
ll in the NFL.

Jackie MacMullan is a Globe columnist. She can be reached at macmullan@globe.com.
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Best be watchin your back! ......talkin trash like dat! :mad: Ray Lewis may just come and murder your ass!! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Best be watchin your back! ......talkin trash like dat! :mad: Ray Lewis may just come and murder your ass!! :)
    I enjoyed T.O's mock of Lewis a few years back lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I enjoyed T.O's mock of Lewis a few years back lol.

I missed that one .......what did TO do?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I missed that one .......what did TO do?

When he scored a TD for the Eagles against the Ravens he imitated Ray Lewis's little pregame dance he does in warmups. Ray Lewis was pretty pissed about that.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Solat13 wrote:
    When he scored a TD for the Eagles against the Ravens he imitated Ray Lewis's little pregame dance he does in warmups. Ray Lewis was pretty pissed about that.
    Exactly, i was trying to find it on youtube or something but came up empty.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    wha, wha, wha!

He called me "boy"!

What a punch of pansies on that team!

Imagine if Rodney Harrison complained that a Referee trashed talked him!...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    locked wrote:
    wha, wha, wha!

He called me "boy"!

What a punch of pansies on that team!

Imagine if Rodney Harrison complained that a Referee trashed talked him!...
    god i hate boston fans...
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The Ravens have no one to blame but themselves. That Time-Out killed them. And the holding call on the last Patriot's Touchdown... can't use that old, "Let them play the game" excuse. Penalties are part of the game.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    The Ravens have no one to blame but themselves. That Time-Out killed them. And the holding call on the last Patriot's Touchdown... can't use that old, "Let them play the game" excuse. Penalties are part of the game.
    as a Ravens fan, they absolutely blew it - they let so many chances to put it away get through their fingers.
    "The refs called me a boy. Number 110 called me a boy," Rolle said. "I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint..."

what a fairy!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    someone's diapers need changing...! Let history judge these quotes..

Rolle added, "It's a travesty when you go out there and play that hard and the refs decide the outcome."

Yet exactly what the Ravens were contesting from Monday night's game remains a bit of a mystery.

Suggs, one of the team's top defenders, questioned the accuracy of a timeout that was charged to the Ravens a split-second before quarterback Tom Brady was stopped short on a fourth-down sneak that would have sealed the win for Baltimore. Suggs wondered if it was a "phantom" timeout, but television replays showed defensive coordinator Rex Ryan was calling the timeout.

The winning touchdown, an 8-yard pass to Jabar Gaffney in the left corner of the end zone, was ruled a catch after a replay review.

The Ravens also had costly defensive holding and illegal contact penalties on the Patriots' final drive that appeared to be accurate calls when seen on replay.

Still, the Ravens held nothing back.

"We had some bogus calls," running back Willis McGahee said.
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    god i hate boston fans...

That's OK I don't like you either.
    That's OK I don't like you either.
    lol, ok...
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    locked wrote:
    ..."We had some bogus calls," running back Willis McGahee said.
    That may be true... but, regarding the crucial plays.. the 4th down plays... the calls were correct. The time-out was called and the holding off the line of scrimmage did occur and was caught by the line judge and the catch was made with both feet in the end zone.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Don't worry Ravens it isn't like THIS loss is going to cost you your playoff spot.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    another cry-baby!

"Earlier this week, Hall-of-Fame NFL coach Don Shula said the New England Patriots deserve an asterisk if they end up running the table and besting the mark of his 1972 Miami Dolphins squadstill the only team in league history to never lose a game.

He softened his stance considerably, but his earlier assertion has raised some interesting issues regarding integrity in sports.

Do Shula's Dolphins deserve an asterisk? Some might argue yes, since Dolphins' owner Joe Robbie was charged with tampering when he hired Shula away from Indianapolis after the 1969 season. The Dolphins had to forefit a first-round picksimilar to the penalty the NFL handed the Patriots after the videotaping mess earlier this season.

Shula's initial rant reeked of desperation, as if he was looking for any way his Dolphins could remain as the sole undefeated team.

The timing of Shula's assertion was especially suspect, since it came three days after the Patriots defeated the Colts the toughest team on their schedule and the most difficult road block on their way to a 16-0 regular season.

Shula went on ESPN Radio to say the Patriots don't deserve an asterisk and will deserve to be called the best team if they march through this season without a loss.

"I wasn't rooting for New England to run the table before this, but the idea of the Patriots going undefeated and forcing the 1972 Dolphins to cancel their annual hampagne celebration they host each season after the final undefeated team finally loses is definitely appealing."

WHO is he kidding???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    another cry-baby!

"Earlier this week, Hall-of-Fame NFL coach Don Shula said the New England Patriots deserve an asterisk if they end up running the table and besting the mark of his 1972 Miami Dolphins squadstill the only team in league history to never lose a game.

He softened his stance considerably, but his earlier assertion has raised some interesting issues regarding integrity in sports.

Do Shula's Dolphins deserve an asterisk? Some might argue yes, since Dolphins' owner Joe Robbie was charged with tampering when he hired Shula away from Indianapolis after the 1969 season. The Dolphins had to forefit a first-round picksimilar to the penalty the NFL handed the Patriots after the videotaping mess earlier this season.

Shula's initial rant reeked of desperation, as if he was looking for any way his Dolphins could remain as the sole undefeated team.

The timing of Shula's assertion was especially suspect, since it came three days after the Patriots defeated the Colts the toughest team on their schedule and the most difficult road block on their way to a 16-0 regular season.

Shula went on ESPN Radio to say the Patriots don't deserve an asterisk and will deserve to be called the best team if they march through this season without a loss.

"I wasn't rooting for New England to run the table before this, but the idea of the Patriots going undefeated and forcing the 1972 Dolphins to cancel their annual hampagne celebration they host each season after the final undefeated team finally loses is definitely appealing."

WHO is he kidding???

Aren't those said Dolphins from Miami in the same division as the Pats and don't those Dolphins play the Pats twice a season. Yeah, Shula, whatever! I'd be more worried about this years Dolphins joining you as the worst team EVER in the NFL if they go 0-16. You can have bookends now!
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    even flow? wrote:
    Don't worry Ravens it isn't like THIS loss is going to cost you your playoff spot.
    i know, but i can't wait to get the line on their wins next year. it'll likely be around 7, and this was the first time the team was at full strength since opening day. they are bad on offense but with a healthy JO, their 2 Dbs, and a soft sked they could be looking at 10-11 wins next year (their coaching costs them a few games every year). anyway after being heated that the Pats won again they did win the game, whether or not the calls were bad. They do however have every right to be pissed at a racist ref, I don't care if that cost them the game or not.

btw i live in b'more, but i'm not especially a fan of the team, it's just cool living closing to an NFL stadium.
    ryan198 wrote:
    i know, but i can't wait to get the line on their wins next year. it'll likely be around 7, and this was the first time the team was at full strength since opening day. they are bad on offense but with a healthy JO, their 2 Dbs, and a soft sked they could be looking at 10-11 wins next year (their coaching costs them a few games every year). anyway after being heated that the Pats won again they did win the game, whether or not the calls were bad. They do however have every right to be pissed at a racist ref, I don't care if that cost them the game or not.

btw i live in b'more, but i'm not especially a fan of the team, it's just cool living closing to an NFL stadium.

Full strength? You mean to tell me McNair is finished and Boller won the job from him this year.

A few people is some races really need to let 1778 go away. Are older men not allowed to call younger men, boy anymore. Or does it only matter if you are thinking he is a racist. Give me a break!
    even flow? wrote:
    Full strength? You mean to tell me McNair is finished and Boller won the job from him this year.

A few people is some races really need to let 1778 go away. Are older men not allowed to call younger men, boy anymore. Or does it only matter if you are thinking he is a racist. Give me a break!
    Boller has played better than McNair this year, and has done his job fairly well...well enough to win 10 games next season on a week sked. on your other point the fact of the matter is in America you don't call a black man "boy", you just don't. Even if you disagree the other fact of the matter is if someone says it hurts you don't do it again, and the ref did.

Besides 1778 isn't an accurate reflection of the racial history of america, "boy" has been and continues to be a racist way of demeaning black men in america (particularly in the south). Where do you think the common term "hey man" came from...magic?

as for Tom Brady making comebacks, this was one of the few times I remember (I'm sure their were plenty in the 27 comebacks) him actually going down the field to score a touchdown. Usually he drives the ball 30 yards and lets Adam Vinatieri kick field goals. As much as I hate him Peyton Manning has had plenty of those type of drives cut off by that "drunken Canadian" field goal kicker.
    ryan198 wrote:
    Boller has played better than McNair this year, and has done his job fairly well...well enough to win 10 games next season on a week sked. on your other point the fact of the matter is in America you don't call a black man "boy", you just don't. Even if you disagree the other fact of the matter is if someone says it hurts you don't do it again, and the ref did.

Besides 1778 isn't an accurate reflection of the racial history of america, "boy" has been and continues to be a racist way of demeaning black men in america (particularly in the south). Where do you think the common term "hey man" came from...magic?

as for Tom Brady making comebacks, this was one of the few times I remember (I'm sure their were plenty in the 27 comebacks) him actually going down the field to score a touchdown. Usually he drives the ball 30 yards and lets Adam Vinatieri kick field goals. As much as I hate him Peyton Manning has had plenty of those type of drives cut off by that "drunken Canadian" field goal kicker.

Did they have a mic on the ref or are we to believe that he called the player boy twice. Just curious.

I'll duly note not to call a anybody boy when I visit the States next time. I sure hope I don't have to listen to them demean themselves, nigga. But we'll save that one for a later day.

That drunken Cdn is out of the league now isn't he?
  • If the referee was talking trash to a player, then he should be dealt with by the league.... you really can't have that.

But blaming the loss on bad calls? c'mon... get over it... It wasn't a great officiated game, but both teams had bad calls... your offense had plenty of chances to extend a couple of drives and kill the clock, but they didn't. I guess it is frustrating for the D... all these years and games where they hold up their end of the bargain, just to have to offense let them down has to wear on you as a defensive player.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Raven fans can be happy their team exposed yet another chink in the armor that will ultimately lead to the Pats demise :cool:
    even flow? wrote:
    Did they have a mic on the ref or are we to believe that he called the player boy twice. Just curious.

I'll duly note not to call a anybody boy when I visit the States next time. I sure hope I don't have to listen to them demean themselves, nigga. But we'll save that one for a later day.

That drunken Cdn is out of the league now isn't he?
    I'm not sure there was a mic on but I have watched plenty of Ravens meltdowns this year and while the blame gets spread around (bad teams do that) they have never called someone out on racism all year. Rolle said it happened like 3 times actually so I'm pretty sure it happened. Do you think he made it up?

Whether or not you agree with what "they" are saying Nigga, much like "man", is a strategy employed by minorities to take a demeaning word and make it into a term of endearment. kind of like when a homosexual calls another homosexual friend a "fag" in a positive way. It's what Foucault would call reverse discourse. Whether or not using these deragatory terms in a positive way has actually done anything positive is clearly up for debate, but those were the original reasons for it.

Yes Vanderjagt is out of the leauge now, but I did love it when he missed that figgie against the Steelers on purpose to fuck over Manning 2 years ago.
    If the referee was talking trash to a player, then he should be dealt with by the league.... you really can't have that.

But blaming the loss on bad calls? c'mon... get over it... It wasn't a great officiated game, but both teams had bad calls... your offense had plenty of chances to extend a couple of drives and kill the clock, but they didn't. I guess it is frustrating for the D... all these years and games where they hold up their end of the bargain, just to have to offense let them down has to wear on you as a defensive player.
    having lived in b'more for the last 3 years i've seen almost all of their games and yes, even as a non-fan, it's frustrating to watch them lose over and over b/c of their o. Billick was a chicken not going for it on 4th and 1 on the 45 with 3+ mins left in the game. It would have been gutty but they were destroying the pats all game all they needed was 1 1/2 yards.
  • I'm just a little suspicious of the official calling Rolle "boy" as he is black as well (also a former NFL player).

If I was in that lockerroom thought, I would knock Bart Scott out for basically eliminating any chance of a tying field goal drive.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    maybe he sold himself out to the "man"? he is an official so he kind of is the "man" actually. i guess i've never seen Rolle go off like that toward an official, he didn't even try blocking the extra point and was cursing the dude out.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    The Ravens lost the game because they decided to rush 3 at the end. Anytime they rushed 4 or blitzed the Patriots couldn't handle it. Just one of the stupid things the Ravens did in the fourth quarter, but the most important one that led to the loss.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."