Who Wants A Goalie ?

2»

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Hey Ken, you should have sent this link to the hanger! :) I hear they like to ink backup goalies to first string contracts.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    kenshunt wrote:
    Yeah i know, i hope Bryzgalov ends up in Pit and they will see it's not all Fleury and Sabourin's fault, they have shitty team defense just like the Leafs.
    we do have a bad d. i actually would much rather play sabourin right now. fleury gives up really bad goals though. considering i've missed maybe 10 games in the last 2 years i can honestly say that. he gives up bad rebounds and puts himself in bad positions a lot too. he may only be 23 but he's been in the league long enough now that there's no excuse for the amount of mistakes he makes. i really hope we pick up bryzgalov!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    inmyrvm wrote:
    we do have a bad d. i actually would much rather play sabourin right now. fleury gives up really bad goals though. considering i've missed maybe 10 games in the last 2 years i can honestly say that. he gives up bad rebounds and puts himself in bad positions a lot too. he may only be 23 but he's been in the league long enough now that there's no excuse for the amount of mistakes he makes. i really hope we pick up bryzgalov!
    Well as i said good luck, i hope you do get him, or Edmonton
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well as i said good luck, i hope you do get him, or Edmonton
    thank you
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

• DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    the Leafs should really be allowed 2 goalies at the same time.
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i think phoenix and washington get the first shot at him.

i'll puke if he ends up going to the oilers, which i believe pick 3rd if the other two teams pass..

...pens should have at least given up a pick for this guy. Fleury isn't dependable. it's good to have an insurance policy - one who has won 3 playoff rounds, set playoff records, and has a Stanley Cup ring to boot.

even if i wasn't a team who needed a starter, i'd pick him up and hold onto him until the trade deadline when someone will be in panic mode and get something for him.
    Burke had to let him go because he gave Bryz his word that he wouldn't string him along all season without finding a new home.
    plus, freeing up the cash for Scott Niedermayer's return doesn't hurt either.
    Under 2 hours left, hmm no one has grabbed him yet ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Under 2 hours left, hmm no one has grabbed him yet ?
    yes this worries me.........

Now under 20 mins till 12
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Phoenix claimed him.
    Phoenix claimed him.
    Can u post a link or tell me where u heard that offically
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Can u post a link or tell me where u heard that offically

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Coyotes claim Bryzgalov off waivers

TSN.ca Staff

11/17/2007 12:35:32 PM

The Phoenix Coyotes have claimed goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov off waivers on Saturday and will likely get the start in goal this afternoon when the club visits the LA Kings.

To date, Alex Auld and Mikael Tellqvist have been splitting starts in goal for Phoenix.

The Anaheim Ducks shuffled their backup goaltenders on Friday, making Bryzgalov available to the league.

"Ilya Bryzgalov has won three playoff rounds for us and has played very well," Burke explained to TSN on Friday. "But we've committed ourselves to two other goaltenders in Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Jonas Hiller."

Bryzgalov, the Ducks' 44th overall pick in the 2000 NHL draft, makes $1.36 million in salary this season and will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222992&hubname=

TSN a little slow at reporting today lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    So why was this guy worthy of his own thread?
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i'm good with my Bobby Lou so no thanks :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    well i now officially question penguins management..........

• inmyrvm wrote:
    well i now officially question penguins management..........

even if the penguins really wanted him, phoenix was ahead of them in the order of the waiver claim line.
  • Good start at least. Maybe he won't be going back to Russia

"closing the door not pissing the pants, closing the door, not shitting pants, closing the do- that was close"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-eXsyViDy8
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    SHUTOUT lol good pickup wayne
This discussion has been closed.