Options

Ugh, i'm so sick of people saying LITERALLY!!!

lukin55lukin55 Posts: 23
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
all of a sudden im noticing how many times people use the word 'literally' when they're talking, and i mean using it 3 times in the same sentence!!!!!!! ARGH!!!! its so annoying!!!! plus i dont think most people know what the frick it means!!! my girlfriend does it all the time, but she's cute so its OK :)
My dad's last words to me: "Careful, son, I don't think the safety's on."

Comments

• Options
    i literally agree with you.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i guess they just literally want to get their point across.
  • Options
    I remember watching an old WWF pay-per-view, it was the Rockers against The Twin Towers. Marty Janetty tagged in Shawn Michaels, and Shawn did the whole beating on the two bad guys thing. Gorilla Monsoon chimes in: "He's literally cleaning house in there."

*slaps head*
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Just say that literally is a cool word and that you literally learned it in the 4th grade when you literally knocked the last motherfucker out that said that in your presence. Literally.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i literally agree with you.
    I literally do too.

how's it going Leash? I am literally wasted right now :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    i literally also hate when people use the word "random" for no apparent reason. its a big trend here right now, and its quite literally the most random lame thing ive ever heard. they say it all the time.

if a dog walks by and stops and looks up at you and licks its lips, then keeps going girls near by will say to eachother "THAT WAS RANDOM!!!" and then laugh and skip away.

if you get something off your chest and say it passionately, someone around you will go " WOAH< THAT WAS RANDOM"

get my point??? ENOUGH. LITERALLY, ENOUGH!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I literally hate when people use the word "irregardless." It's literally nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir - and -less. I guess folks use it to add emphasis or otherwise don't realize that they should just say "regardless'' instead.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    JD Sal wrote:
    I literally hate when people use the word "irregardless." It's literally nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir - and -less. I guess folks use it to add emphasis or otherwise don't realize that they should just say "regardless'' instead.
    as an english lit student I must agree with you on the total CUNTITUDE that provokes this kind of linguistic bastardisation :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I am what I am

it is what it is

I am so sick of hearing this in the medoa right now, especially sportscasters.

thanks Denny Green you fucked it up for everyone
  • Options
    I just hate it when people use it incorrectly.

"I literally died when he said that."

GRRR. No you didn't! You're standing right here talking to me! :D