Options

Strongest Man in the World

TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else love watching this???
The first time I saw it was on my honeymoon in Antigua. We were watching it in the bar. Husband has been a fan forever. I love it. We watched the 07 last night.
GO Poland!!!! :)
Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    Is that the show where they have to lift Fridges and carry them?? IF so, yeah---the males in my house love it. go figure!!! :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Does anyone else love watching this???
    The first time I saw it was on my honeymoon in Antigua. We were watching it in the bar. Husband has been a fan forever. I love it. We watched the 07 last night.
    GO Poland!!!! :)

wow....some honeymoon....;) :eek: :D:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    wow....some honeymoon....;) :eek: :D:D
    Because we were sitting in an airconditioned bar, having an afternoon snack and watching ESPN on the tv? My husband was considerate enough to take his pregnant wife out of the heat and sit her down for a while in the cool air.

And yes, they carry around safes and cars and all sorts of crazy stuff. It is awesome.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    can't say i've ever understood the need to pull a plane using just my earlobes.. but whatever floats your boat... probably steroid flavoured urine actually
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Because we were sitting in an airconditioned bar, having an afternoon snack and watching ESPN on the tv? My husband was considerate enough to take his pregnant wife out of the heat and sit her down for a while in the cool air.

And yes, they carry around safes and cars and all sorts of crazy stuff. It is awesome.

I think I used to watch that as a kid with my dad. That and the lumberjack competition where they had to saw down trees as quickly as possible. Didn't know it was still on tv.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    TrixieCat wrote:

You mean you had sex before you were married?! :eek:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I think I used to watch that as a kid with my dad. That and the lumberjack competition where they had to saw down trees as quickly as possible. Didn't know it was still on tv.
    It is AWESOME!

I havent seen the lumberjack one in ages. I remember they had to flip telephone poles over. :)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It is AWESOME!

I havent seen the lumberjack one in ages. I remember they had to flip telephone poles over. :)

Yeah that's right! Didn't they have to run with the pole first and then flip it over?!? I think top prize was a years supply of flannel shirts and borax hand soap.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    TrixieCat wrote:
    My husband was considerate enough to take his pregnant wife out of the heat and sit her down for a while in the cool air.
    And he invited you along as well?
    Nice guys those Mormons.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    And he invited you along as well?
    Nice guys those Mormons.

Trix gets along surprisingly well with her sister-wives!

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Yeah that's right! Didn't they have to run with the pole first and then flip it over?!? I think top prize was a years supply of flannel shirts and borax hand soap.
    Yes! They did! I miss that show. I am sure it is still around, but not televised.
    Have you ever seen that crazy Asian show where they have to perform all kinds of crazy stunts? lol Like run over a lake of lillypads or something.

Yes, Meredith, I did. Sorry to disappoint you. :)
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

hey ignorant americans... its called tossing the caber.. scottish 'sport' ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

ah i was just kiddin'...:o
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Yes! They did! I miss that show. I am sure it is still around, but not televised.
    Have you ever seen that crazy Asian show where they have to perform all kinds of crazy stunts? lol Like run over a lake of lillypads or something.

Yes I've seen that once or twice. They're ducking foam poles and landing in dirty water. That show is hilarious! I think I've only seen it at like two in the morning, so I don't know when I'll see it again.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    ah i was just kiddin'...:o
    :o sorry, I should have know...sorry. :o
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    I thought Scottish "sport" involved men in kilts with no underwear wrestling with each other in a muddy field while the women tended to the sheep.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Dude what you and your Scottish comrades do behind closed doors and label as "tossing the caber" is between you and your ever strengthening wrists! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I thought Scottish "sport" involved men in kilts with no underwear wrestling with each other in a muddy field while the women tended to the sheep.

Sounds like my kinda lifestyle. Oh wait...

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Yes I've seen that once or twice. They're ducking foam poles and landing in dirty water. That show is hilarious! I think I've only seen it at like two in the morning, so I don't know when I'll see it again.
    The fake commentary is what really makes that show. ESPN really has too many channels and finds some funky shiznit to fill in the time.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

yeah.. i'm gonna put you on your back and put one knee on each shoulder if you fancy it :);)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

Now that you and Britney have let me down as role models...who can I depend on? :D

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah.. i'm gonna put you on your back and put one knee on each shoulder if you fancy it :);)
    Not my style Dunky, but you and your Scot friends do whatever floats your boats over there pal. ;)
  • Options
    Now that you and Britney have let me down as role models...who can I depend on? :D
    But I was engaged. :)
  • Options
    There's always Mischa Barton or Paris Hilton.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

Oh...then that's not scandalous! ;):D

• Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Diamonds...the world's greatest aphrodesiac (except in Scotland where its Haggas).
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    There's always Mischa Barton or Paris Hilton.

I have no idea who Mischa Barton even is. But, I was thinking I'll try Tara Reid...maybe she has some good weight loss tips!

• Options
    Check out largest biceps in the world buddy...(not photoshopped)

http://www.greggvalentino.net/index.cfm?pageID=12&picSectionID=4

He must inject steroids straight into his arms several times a day or something...

Puts the freak in freaky.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

He must inject steroids straight into his arms several times a day or something...

I think that guy was on TLC...didn't his arm explode or something????

• Options

and my question to that guy is "now what?" ;)