Beowulf

intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
So i did a search for a thread about this movie and did not see one. Could that be? Has no one checked this out yet?

Anyway those looking for a faithful adaptation to the poem that does not stray the course may be disapointed. There are some changes invoked to make it "better" for Hollywood. I personally did not mind the changes it made for an interesting story.

I saw it in Digital 3D and it was really cool. Many points it felt like blood and objects were coming right at you. I wish it was playing in an IMAX near me I can only imagine how cool that would have been.

I'm not sure how this one got a PG-13 rating. It is pretty violent and has quite a bit of sexual references. Not that i mind at all espcially the violence part but I was just surprised by the rating.

All in all a good movie experience. If you see it in 3D you even get these nifty 3D glasses :D

Anyone else see this? What did you think?
Charlotte 00
Charlotte 03
Asheville 04
Atlanta 12
Greenville 16, Columbia 16
Seattle 18 
Nashville 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I have not, but would like to.
    Very impressive looking CG.
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I saw it, and thought some of the scenes were really well done. The story was cool too. But the attempted nudity, espeically with Beowulf was annoying, as it went on for like 10 minutes of him fighting naked, and they always blocked out his parts. It may have been the time I saw it, as I went the Friday it came out, and the amount of young punks in there was unreal. I have never heard so much loud talking and unnecessary laughing in a theatre ever. I am never going to the movies on a Friday when that movie comes out again.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    smarchee wrote:
    I saw it, and thought some of the scenes were really well done. The story was cool too. But the attempted nudity, espeically with Beowulf was annoying, as it went on for like 10 minutes of him fighting naked, and they always blocked out his parts. It may have been the time I saw it, as I went the Friday it came out, and the amount of young punks in there was unreal. I have never heard so much loud talking and unnecessary laughing in a theatre ever. I am never going to the movies on a Friday when that movie comes out again.
    I don't go to the movies opening weekend for that reason. lol So annoying.
    I don't even like to talk to the person I am with. Or during the previews. lol

I cannot wait to see this. Beowulf is one of my favorite stories. And it looks good.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • smarchee wrote:
    hahahahaha... pervert :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I saw it. I chose not to start a topic because it's a terrible terrible film.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yeah, I thought it was HORRIBLE! I read the poem probably 10 years ago, but remembered it well since it was one of the few things I had to read for that class I liked... We went to digital 3d, it was pretty cool to see, SEE IT IN THE THEATRES, don't bother waiting for video, it is awesome in the theater(the effects)
    We had a really entertaining individual sitting behind us narrating the movie as it went... He would say only "Hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaylllllll Naaaaaaaaaahhhh" or "Hhhheeeaaaaaaallll yeeeeaaaaaahhh", but that was all I needed... For some reason, when I tried to add one in, he wasn't to thrilled, but after a hundred "hell yeah's" I couldn't resist... I felt like Larry David... I've been using those lines(hell yeah/naaaawwwwhhh) since the movie, I am much cooler now!
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    300 part 2
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    it's pg-13? i thought jolie gets nekkid? that was my only reason for potentially going.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    300 part 2
    Balls.

300 was actually a decent film with flawless visuals. Motion Capture hasn't come far enough to really impress yet.
    And Beowulf had an awful script and terrible acting to boot.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Balls.

300 was actually a decent film with flawless visuals. Motion Capture hasn't come far enough to really impress yet.
    And Beowulf had an awful script and terrible acting to boot.

300 would have been 10 times as good if not for that awful voiceover. that made one hell of an exciting movie into one incredibly cheesy movie.