Options

Reality TV destroys pop music

sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I actually found an article of moderate interest on msn. wow!

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music/features/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6770782

I personally never watch the x factor or other such shows because they have nothing to do with music. What do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eoboeobo Posts: 102
    i'm pretty sure pop music manages to destroy itself eventually. it's all cycical.
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • Options
    eobo wrote:
    i'm pretty sure pop music manages to destroy itself eventually. it's all cycical.

I actually think of 'pop music' as being any type of music that represents a particular generation of people or a movement - the popular bands in a specific era or the ones that get remembered. The disaster is that the x factor is doing this for us - presenting these pop stars which have no talent and no shelf life. The Beatles were also pop stars and they certainly did have talent. Pearl Jam and Nirvana were pop stars (because they were popular and part of the popular culture known as grunge) The difference is that the pop stars that get recognition today suck because it's all about drama, tv ratings, votes, profit etc

There's no counterculture or alternative (like the message that certain bands gave out in the nineties, even on mainstream tv shows) People sit back and watch this trash and just accept these people as our musical representatives for the decade. As a 20 year old i'm almost embarrassed to watch it. Doesn't it make you at least a little bit angry?
  • Options
    eoboeobo Posts: 102
    don't watch it. don't listen to it.

ignorance is bliss.
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )