Let this be a lesson to all you EXCESSIVE Pit users

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I've just found out from my boss that one of my colleagues grassed me up for my excessive Pit use at work. Had a long chat with her about the fact that certain things aren't getting done and to be honest, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to balance my home shit with my work, and to leave my home shit.. at home. You've just all been such incessantly supportive friends and I would have lost it without the Pit. That's why it's an addiction - because some of you are the only people keeping me ticking. Anyway, I've now committed to only ever using the Pit on my lunch break. Welcome to my lunch break! :D

I'm not myself today. What is 'myself', anyway? I'm looking to find that out. Doesn't help that I didn't have a minute's sleep last night.

Oh frabjous day, kaloo, kalay!
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    hey mark....:)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Crap. Nice of your collegue to go to your boss instead of talking to you first. At least you'll have entertaining lunch breaks though ;)
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Linda wrote:
    hey mark....:)

Hey :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Sonja_S wrote:
    Crap. Nice of your collegue to go to your boss instead of talking to you first. At least you'll have entertaining lunch breaks though ;)

Yeah. I'm in two minds about that. He's a nice enough guy, but it's a bit cowardly to run to my superior isn't it? I don't know, it pisses me off slightly. Why didn't he just say it to me? We're pretty friendly. Now I'm in this embarrassing situation where someone in authority thinks I'm a lazy arsehole. And I really don't need that. It's like school all over again. For years and years in school I was stigmatised as 'lazy' when I just found it impossible, most of the time, to keep all my shit together.

• Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    computer users keeps you ticking?

you need to get out more
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Slip Kid wrote:
    computer users keeps you ticking?

you need to get out more

You need to get a fucking life. Thanks.

You need to get a fucking life. Thanks.

Such language.
  • Slip Kid wrote:
    Such language.

What, just because I said 'fucking'? Did I offend your sensibilities? Diddums :(

I took your 'get out more' as pretty strong language, actually, since you don't know anything about me.

• Careful what you say. If someone peeps over your shoulder and grabs your nickname, or just pulls your posts from the office proxy server logs from via your internal IP address, they can scope out all your posts at leisure.

...that is if they have no life, but you know a lot of co-workers kiss a lot of unnecessary ass because they have nothing else to gain merit on...you know how that goes. I say toss them all in a human shredder...but I digress.

As a long time systems admin myself, I can tell you I've had to dig some dirt on people when asked in the workplace over the years.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Sonja_S wrote:
    she's right...pee him
    :D
    Yeah. I'm in two minds about that. He's a nice enough guy, but it's a bit cowardly to run to my superior isn't it? I don't know, it pisses me off slightly. Why didn't he just say it to me? We're pretty friendly. Now I'm in this embarrassing situation where someone in authority thinks I'm a lazy arsehole. And I really don't need that. It's like school all over again. For years and years in school I was stigmatised as 'lazy' when I just found it impossible, most of the time, to keep all my shit together.

Sounds like kindergarten/school to me too but in the past years I've learned that common sense is becoming very hard to find. It would have been the proper thing to do to talk to you first IMHO. I hope you can find a way to still have a decent working environment though.

I know what you mean about school. When I was in school I had 43 hours of school per week plus the homework and a full time job. When I graduated I learned that one of the teachers told the other ones I wasn't studying as much as I should (and I didn't even have bad grades). When I told him I had worked until the early hours of morning for the entire year and they could have just asked me he was extremely embarassed...
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    chinobaeza wrote:
    she's right...pee him
    :D

him or his manilla? :p
    What, just because I said 'fucking'? Did I offend your sensibilities? Diddums :(

I took your 'get out more' as pretty strong language, actually, since you don't know anything about me.

Diddums? That's the last straw
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Sonja_S wrote:
    him or his manilla? :p
    :D:D...you have a great memory