Options

Freakin' cold outside....

2»

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    why is cold weather a problem? you just put on more clothes for the bit you're outside. I can barely see out of my cold weather get-up. I'm totally snug. my motto is, if you're cold, you're not wearing enough clothes. better than being sweltering hot and humid- you can't escape that (and you're drenched in sweat for the rest of the day).

to each his own,,i enjoy the hot summer with shorts and a t-shirt

i hate bundling up ,, all tight and shit

plus my skin gets very dry ;)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    NY PJ1 wrote:

if i didn't actually have to dress for work, nor move....i'd be with ya there, fine. :p the fact that i am actually expected to wear MORE than a little T and shorts...go to work, look professional, walk on the hot streets to get there, etc, etc.......kinda a problem. i love the summer warmth when i can simply sit in the shade with a cold drink, wear loose/comfy/light clothes...ad don't have to subject myself to being *hot*.

otherwise, HELL YEAH..i 100% agree with greentea. :D THAT is a BIG part of why i so prefer the cold over the hot. i can always bundle up, but i could be nekkid and still be dripping hot, and sure while that can be fun in some instances....it isn't when you need to get to work.

btw - moisturizer is your best friend. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

for some reason, men think moisturizer is for girls.
  • Options
    for some reason, men think moisturizer is for girls.

it u knew the amount of cream i used ...u would be amazed

my skin is made for the tropics

as a matter of fact i have 3 different types behind me here at work
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

well I'm just saying that at lunch my coworker was complaining and saying he was going to go back to the south, and I look and he's not wearing gloves, his hat isn't covering his ears, and his scarf wasn't up around his face. I couldn't even feel the cold: I had my down jacket with the hood up and a hat under it, warm gloves, and a scarf all the way up to my eyes.
  • Options
    if i didn't actually have to dress for work, nor move....i'd be with ya there, fine. :p the fact that i am actually expected to wear MORE than a little T and shorts...go to work, look professional, walk on the hot streets to get there, etc, etc.......kinda a problem. i love the summer warmth when i can simply sit in the shade with a cold drink, wear loose/comfy/light clothes...ad don't have to subject myself to being *hot*.

otherwise, HELL YEAH..i 100% agree with greentea. :D THAT is a BIG part of why i so prefer the cold over the hot. i can always bundle up, but i could be nekkid and still be dripping hot, and sure while that can be fun in some instances....it isn't when you need to get to work.

dream most of us get dressed for work lol
    at least u can wear a skirt
  • Options
    well I'm just saying that at lunch my coworker was complaining and saying he was going to go back to the south, and I look and he's not wearing gloves, his hat isn't covering his ears, and his scarf wasn't up around his face. I couldn't even feel the cold: I had my down jacket with the hood up and a hat under it, warm gloves, and a scarf all the way up to my eyes.

i had to break all this out myself and im like the little kid in a christmas story

if i tip over i cant get back up
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:

A buh?
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    it u knew the amount of cream i used ...u would be amazed

my skin is made for the tropics

as a matter of fact i have 3 different types behind me here at work

Not to hash up old topics, but are you sure you don't own a loofah?!? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Not to hash up old topics, but are you sure you don't own a loofah?!? ;)

i could use one,, my scalp is even dry,,

i have to put cream on my head also from this dam weather
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    it is 30 degrees here with wind gusts of 24 mph

i went for a pretty long walk at lunch today
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

shit if i was a broad ,, i would wear little mini-skirts every warm day lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i could use one,, my scalp is even dry,,

i have to put cream on my head also from this dam weather

what on your head?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Yeah but you're not, so stop wishin' ;)
    Or go get the operation already
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    what on your head?

yea on my scalp

plus use a special brush to brush in the conditioner

its a shit show i tell ya

when's the summer?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    dream most of us get dressed for work lol

and that's my point.

you said you love the hot summer and wearing Ts and shorts. well, for MOST of the summer, NONE of us ARE wearing shorts nor Ts, but business attire....and that is NOT fun in the heat....plus getting to/from work, bleck! and wearing a skirt really isn't much relief at all. in the heat, just feel sticky, sticky, sticky!

as i said, if i actually just lounged around in the shade...cool drink...comfy clothes.....summer would be fine. it IS fine, on the weekends when i am at home in the a/c and/or on my back porch doing as i mentioned. M-F summer sucks imho.

for me, colder weather is simply more comfortable for getting to/from work, dressing for the day....and sure, my preference is spring/autumn temps for outdoor activities. :)

we 've discussed it ad nauseum. :p you are a 'summer' person. me, i am a 'spring/autumn' person...but if pressed, i'd go for the cooler rather than warmer temps. i have NO desire to lie on the beach and bake in the sun whereas you love it. my idea of outdoor activities is walking around the city, walking the beach boardwalk in cooler temps, gardens, bike-riding, hiking somewhere, etc....all better done in less 'extreme' temps, hot or cold...but i'd rather cooler if given the choice. c'est la vie.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

that's not really the solution. first of all, if some really corporate places, like high finance, require that women wear hose with a skirt. there is NOTHING more uncomfortable than wearing hose in 100 degree weather. Secondly, if you're wearing skirt and it's hot, unless you are REALLY thin, you get leg rub. it's awful. each step is like a little piece of hell.
  • Options
    that's not really the solution. first of all, if some really corporate places, like high finance, require that women wear hose with a skirt. there is NOTHING more uncomfortable than wearing hose in 100 degree weather. Secondly, if you're wearing skirt and it's hot, unless you are REALLY thin, you get leg rub. it's awful. each step is like a little piece of hell.

ewwwwwwww inner thigh rubs o boy !!! lol
  • Options
    and that's my point.

you said you love the hot summer and wearing Ts and shorts. well, for MOST of the summer, NONE of us ARE wearing shorts nor Ts, but business attire....and that is NOT fun in the heat....plus getting to/from work, bleck! and wearing a skirt really isn't much relief at all. in the heat, just feel sticky, sticky, sticky!

as i said, if i actually just lounged around in the shade...cool drink...comfy clothes.....summer would be fine. it IS fine, on the weekends when i am at home in the a/c and/or on my back porch doing as i mentioned. M-F summer sucks imho.

for me, colder weather is simply more comfortable for getting to/from work, dressing for the day....and sure, my preference is spring/autumn temps for outdoor activities. :)

we 've discussed it ad nauseum. :p you are a 'summer' person. me, i am a 'spring/autumn' person...but if pressed, i'd go for the cooler rather than warmer temps. i have NO desire to lie on the beach and bake in the sun whereas you love it. my idea of outdoor activities is walking around the city, walking the beach boardwalk in cooler temps, gardens, bike-riding, hiking somewhere, etc....all better done in less 'extreme' temps, hot or cold...but i'd rather cooler if given the choice. c'est la vie.

yea but the weekends are the best !!!! beach and bikini's!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    why is cold weather a problem? you just put on more clothes for the bit you're outside. I can barely see out of my cold weather get-up. I'm totally snug. my motto is, if you're cold, you're not wearing enough clothes. better than being sweltering hot and humid- you can't escape that (and you're drenched in sweat for the rest of the day).

I was so bundled up today when I walked at lunch, I looked like a little kid who's mommy made them overdress. I had to change my clothes when I got back to work.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea on my scalp

plus use a special brush to brush in the conditioner

its a shit show i tell ya

when's the summer?

if your head itches, use cooler water to rinse your hair :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    And if you don't drink water, start.
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

it dont itch ,,its the sides of my scalp , i keep my hair very short and its just dry ,,even with cream and conditioner

i ve even started using baby shampoo lol ,, see what this fricking weather does

ive become a female
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

ive become a female
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    it dont itch ,,its the sides of my scalp , i keep my hair very short and its just dry ,,even with cream and conditioner

i ve even started using baby shampoo lol ,, see what this fricking weather does

ive become a female

my scalp is not dry, but my hair is from well water and over coloring it.
    i bought some "shampoo for color treated hair" from Aveda online. buy some of that. it is really gentle and moisturizes way better than any hydrating shampoo you buy at the store.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    my scalp is not dry, but my hair is from well water and over coloring it.
    i bought some "shampoo for color treated hair" from Aveda online. buy some of that. it is really gentle and moisturizes way better than any hydrating shampoo you buy at the store.

lol

thats why i am trying johnson's baby shampoo
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol

i am not sure that it is as gentle as you think. i know someone who tried head and shoulders "dry scalp" and their itchy condition is way worse.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol

Johnsons this week. Kotex next week. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

i figured johnson's has fewer chemicals and whatnot

this is horrible,, but at least im man enough to show my true feelings lol
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote: