Options

This has been bothering me since 1984

2»

Comments

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    The Terminator series - at least the first 2 always bothered me - never saw the third.

How is is possible that John Conner sent his father from the future back in time to meet his mom and protect her. How could that happen? I mean how could John have been born and sent Rhys into the past if Rhys hadn't met Sarah to conceive him.

And in T-2 after they defeat the liquid metal terminator and throw the chip and the hand from the original Terminator in the molten vat, how is Arnold still alive. Wouldn't he have disappeared because with the chip and the hand and with the research building being destroyed the knowledge that would have been necessary to create the Terminators would have been lost. And then if that happened, why would John Conner have been fighting robots in the future ... wouldn't the rise of the machines never have happened then or at least been delayed?
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    If I was Sam Beckett, and I leaped into a beautiful woman, the whole episode would be me sitting in front of a mirror staring at my titties.
    That's on the Season Three DVD special features. Also featured is when he leaped into a African tribesman and bitchslapped a lion with his wanger
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    did you guys used to watch Quantum Leap?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Saturnal wrote:
    that'd be 1985

Actually the movie was being made in 1984....so you know..
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    The Terminator series - at least the first 2 always bothered me - never saw the third.

How is is possible that John Conner sent his father from the future back in time to meet his mom and protect her. How could that happen? I mean how could John have been born and sent Rhys into the past if Rhys hadn't met Sarah to conceive him.

And in T-2 after they defeat the liquid metal terminator and throw the chip and the hand from the original Terminator in the molten vat, how is Arnold still alive. Wouldn't he have disappeared because with the chip and the hand and with the research building being destroyed the knowledge that would have been necessary to create the Terminators would have been lost. And then if that happened, why would John Conner have been fighting robots in the future ... wouldn't the rise of the machines never have happened then or at least been delayed?

If John Conner was born in 1984, then why in 1991 he was around 13, but should have been 7?!?!?! It still was a great movie...the Guns N Roses song kicked some ass!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    Actually the movie was being made in 1984....so you know..
    God, you're a stickler!
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    If John Conner was born in 1984, then why in 1991 he was around 13, but should have been 7?!?!?! It still was a great movie...the Guns N Roses song kicked some ass!! :)

Actually, the movie is supposed to take place around 1995 or so, and John is supposed to be 10 (weirdly enough).
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    God, you're a stickler!

hehehe, I know, sorry!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    Actually, the movie is supposed to take place around 1995 or so, and John is supposed to be 10 (weirdly enough).

He sure didn't look ten....
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    He sure didn't look ten....

Hell, most teens I see today look 25.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    Solat13 wrote:

Whats more bothersome is a teenage girl playing the Schwarzenegger role in the TV series.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    did you guys used to watch Quantum Leap?
    I Know I did. Have the 1st 3 seasons on DVD.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    I wish I could go back in time with a dolorean and NOT read that whole fucking thread.

btw I saw Michael J. Fox's cock and balls. Seriously.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I wish I could go back in time with a dolorean and NOT read that whole fucking thread.

btw I saw Michael J. Fox's cock and balls. Seriously.

whhaaaaat?
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    whhaaaaat?

seriously. it was by accident. I had a cousin that worked on the filming lot where Family Ties was filmed, and I was separated from the rest of everyone, I saw full frontal of MJF, thankfully it wasnt my first eyeball of a cockshot - because it was kinda small and sad...leanin' to the right, and circumcised. It might have turned me off the cockles for ever.

good news is, it didn't even slow me down. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    When in doubt, just mention something about parallel universes. Always works for me. :cool:

That came out in 84??? That cant be right can it?? hmm Because I was a much older tot when it came out.

I thought you were just having an Orwellian moment? :confused:
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    When in doubt, just mention something about parallel universes. Always works for me. :cool:

That came out in 84??? That cant be right can it?? hmm Because I was a much older tot when it came out.

I thought you were just having an Orwellian moment? :confused:

It came out in 85. But still.....

Also, Doc didn't age at all. The Flux Capacitor must be code for Fountain of Youth.

Or, it could just be a fucking movie;)
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    cory wrote:
    It came out in 85. But still.....

Also, Doc didn't age at all. The Flux Capacitor must be code for Fountain of Youth.

Or, it could just be a fucking movie;)

THEY MADE A MOVIE ABOUT IT?!?!!?!
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    THEY MADE A MOVIE ABOUT IT?!?!!?!

I'm sorry dude. Oh, and Santa Claus isn't real.

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Great Scott!

Out of all of the BTF Movies I like the 2nd one the best

I want a hover board !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i hope they got eric stoltz to play marty
  • Options
    Great Scott!

Out of all of the BTF Movies I like the 2nd one the best

I want a hover board !!

I just want a car that can fly. The next motherfucker that honks at me on the bypass is getting his ass whipped.

Yes, I am seeking counseling for my slight rage problem.

• Options
    cory wrote:
    I just want a car that can fly. The next motherfucker that honks at me on the bypass is getting his ass whipped.

Yes, I am seeking counseling for my slight rage problem.
    what rage?

;)

that is just um, good old fashioned, uh, spirit.