Options

Who You Are West Palm Beach

RedGibsonSGRedGibsonSG Posts: 45
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Just listening now. Holy Crap. Great Version. At the beginning you can totally hear who are the hardcores, and who are the ones who know nothing past stuff from Ten. Makes me wish I was there.

ps. thanks to the hardcores that cheered with me in D.C. when PJ played the rarities like Light Years. Sometimes wish they'd do a bif fanclub-ONLY show.
Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Just listening now. Holy Crap. Great Version. At the beginning you can totally hear who are the hardcores, and who are the ones who know nothing past stuff from Ten. Makes me wish I was there.

ps. thanks to the hardcores that cheered with me in D.C. when PJ played the rarities like Light Years. Sometimes wish they'd do a bif fanclub-ONLY show.

Who You are was so unbelievable that night, the band sounded so great and Ed's voice was awesome.... I wish more of the crowd other than first 15 rows would have known what they were witnessing...

I guarantee you that if that had been played in the Northeast for the first time the very first riff would have caused a huge roar from the crowd....

I really like the setlist for the show and enjoy every single moment of the show while I was there, but I wish the crowd would have been more like the crowd in Tampa.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I'm telling you, the number of folks who come to these shows and have no clue of the value of these live songs is astounding, and it happens in every city. I will reiterate: fanclub-ONLY show is needed. Can you imagine?
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I agree...very few people around me knew what that song was, I got tired of being the guy that the casuals asked when each song started...."What song is this?"
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I'm telling you, the number of folks who come to these shows and have no clue of the value of these live songs is astounding, and it happens in every city. I will reiterate: fanclub-ONLY show is needed. Can you imagine?

Well I'm sure it happens in every town but I notice it more here in the south.
    When I went to the Gorge, when the very first riff of Dirty Frank started the whole place went nuts.... it was the most unreal thing, I still get goosebumps when I hear that boot...

I think its very similar in the NE, I think that the reaction of the crowd would have been completely different had they played Who You Are in Camden I for example rather than WPB, not that I think they shouldn't have played it WPB, I loved it.... that night was so great... I just wasn't feeling the crowd as much as I felt it with the other 3 shows I attended...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV