Options

Dexter...

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,242
edited August 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
there used to be a dexter thread on here but i couldnt find it.

anyway, anyone into this show? this season has really heated up the last few episodes. started off real slow. but last night's episode was awesome. edge of your seat shit.

anyone watch it?
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    haven't watched last night's episode yet. i really enjoy the show and was very disappointed at how this season was starting out, with the addition of smits to the cast and the awkward relationship between his character and dexter. it seemed very contrived, but now it looks to be getting good.

less miguel, more deb! holy shitballs, fuck yeah! :D
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Here are the two threads I found that had a few more replies than the others started. I love the show and the books. Great stuff indeed!

I'm way behind on season 3 though as I don't have showtime up here, and I don't like watching them online as much.

Seaon 3 thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=304683&highlight=dexter

General: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=281449&highlight=dexter
  • Options
    I don't have hbo, but I watched the first 2 seasons on dvd. The first season was awesome. I was pretty disappointed with season 2 though.
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    I saw last night..good episode. The show is very good but im not a religous viewer. I would like to get the DVDs and catch up.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    Dexter is appointment TV for me. I thought last night was so good. I can't figure out who is more screwed up, Dexter or Miguel Prado. At least Dexter tries to have a conscience about what he does. Prado is just a loose canon.

This show is just strange on so many levels. I love it.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I can't believe how good this show is. It never ceases to amaze me what the writers can come up with. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet so I will keep my comments to myself. Can't wait to see how the season ends next week. If you haven't seen this show yet and are debating whether to get into it or not, DO IT. It is the best show in recent memory in my opinion.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Is this show really that good? I've heard nothing but good things about it. Wasn't there talk about bringing it to cable or something a while back? Maybe I read it's the best current show not on cable? I forget.

I just got into Six Feet Under, and flew through the first 4 season on dvd in the last couple weeks. Michael C Hall is an amazing actor. When I found out he wasn't gay, it impressed me even more. Anyone who can play a gay guy and make it through all those scenes in SFU HAS to be dedicated to his craft.

What is this show comparable to? How good is it really?
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Oh my god, my roommate got me into this show a few weeks ago and its almost as bad as my PJ addiction. I watched the first two seasons in a week, and caught up with the 3 season last week. We stayed up til 3 last night waiting for the show to be posted online (since we're at college and don't get showtime) and the new episode was amazing! The bachelor party fakeout had me laughin my ass off. The finale is gonna be surreal. I love this show because so much happens in a single episode. There's only 50 minutes left in the season and they still have at least 8-10 plot lines they need to tie up. It's a shame the show is on such a shitty channel and doesn't get the respect it deserves.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    I can't believe how good this show is. It never ceases to amaze me what the writers can come up with. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet so I will keep my comments to myself. Can't wait to see how the season ends next week. If you haven't seen this show yet and are debating whether to get into it or not, DO IT. It is the best show in recent memory in my opinion.

A fellow Masshole who loves PJ and Dexter? Is there any chance you had a twin seperated at birth?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
  • Options
    Dexter is appointment TV for me. I thought last night was so good. I can't figure out who is more screwed up, Dexter or Miguel Prado. At least Dexter tries to have a conscience about what he does. Prado is just a loose canon.

Dexter doesn't have a conscience, thats the point. He's a monster and that's what the last episode tried to show. Without the code he's not human, all of his personal interactions are faked. Unlike Dexter, Miguel acts on passion. Miguel is the essence of what it is to be human (passionate, devious, angry) and Dexter is the anti-human. That's why their relationship has been so great to watch unfold.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
  • Options
    Dexter doesn't have a conscience, thats the point. He's a monster and that's what the last episode tried to show. Without the code he's not human, all of his personal interactions are faked. Unlike Dexter, Miguel acts on passion. Miguel is the essence of what it is to be human (passionate, devious, angry) and Dexter is the anti-human. That's why their relationship has been so great to watch unfold.

it's simple. dexter is a monster. i loved it when he said "i killed my brother....and i killed yours!" that was fucking classic!

i cant wait till sunday. when he killed miguel i was wondering what he was going to do with the body and woudnt laguerta wonder if something was up because dex called her to say he has info on miguel....then poof--he turns up dead. but i completely forgot about ramon. it looks like, from the previews, that he has the police searching dexter's apartment. plus, the skinner is still after dex! next week is gonna be so interesting
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god, my roommate got me into this show a few weeks ago and its almost as bad as my PJ addiction. I watched the first two seasons in a week, and caught up with the 3 season last week. .

yea that is how i got into the show last spring. i watched the first 2 seasons on demand in less than 2 weeks. it was so fun looking forward to watching a new episode or TWO every night after work! now it kind of sucks to have to wait a whole week. but, what are you gonna do? after sunday though, we're going to have to wait 9 months for new episodes!

best show on tv. best since sopranos in my opinion
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    A fellow Masshole who loves PJ and Dexter? Is there any chance you had a twin seperated at birth?

make it triplets!

honestly other than lost i can say this show grabs me in until i become obsessed. i think everythiing about it is brilliant. i was talking to my fiance the other night about how dexter gets himself in these stupid situations with people but then i realized its because he's looking for a friend.. with lilah and miguel.. he's just looking for something to connect too. but unfortunately that won't happen.

i was really enjoying the tug of war with miguel and dexter.. i thought for sure miguel knew about oscar and thats why he became buddy buddy with dex. the show just goes above and beyond what you think it might do.

ps does anyone want to smack deb around a little? shes so whiny and all over the place.. for a girl whos got "balls" shes such a little bitch
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    make it triplets!
    ps does anyone want to smack deb around a little? shes so whiny and all over the place.. for a girl whos got "balls" shes such a little bitch

deb is the worst. i think she is a BAD actress. and her character is SO stupid. i have heard she is more appealing in the books.

i have a feeling either she will find out or dex will let her in on his secret next season. they kind of forshadowed that last episode. plus in the books -SPOILER- she is aware of what dex does...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    deb is the worst. i think she is a BAD actress. and her character is SO stupid. i have heard she is more appealing in the books.

i have a feeling either she will find out or dex will let her in on his secret next season. they kind of forshadowed that last episode. plus in the books -SPOILER- she is aware of what dex does...

No way is Deb worse than Lyla... one of the most annoying people I've ever seen on tv.
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    No way is Deb worse than Lyla... one of the most annoying people I've ever seen on tv.

I second that, she was so irritating.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    I second that, she was so irritating.

i will give you that. but lyla was only there for a season. deb is one of the main characters. i cant stand her
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i will give you that. but lyla was only there for a season. deb is one of the main characters. i cant stand her

I didn't like Deb at first but I suppose I got use to her character.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

That's why I didn't take to season two... it seemed like they totally changed his character. All of a sudden he had this huge conscience and was trying so hard to be "good." I didn't like it. That's not what drew me to the character. Is season 3 any better? I can't handle any more angst from Dexter like season two had with its stupid love triangle and him trying to get clean.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574

Possibly. Where are you from in MA?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    .[/quote]

That's why I didn't take to season two... it seemed like they totally changed his character. All of a sudden he had this huge conscience and was trying so hard to be "good." I didn't like it. That's not what drew me to the character. Is season 3 any better? I can't handle any more angst from Dexter like season two had with its stupid love triangle and him trying to get clean.[/quote]

season 3 is completely different than the first two. he tends to be more like he was in 2 as opposed to 1 though. but they really changed a lot of the dynamics of the show to make it more interesting. season 1 was my favorite. 2 and 3 were good. i cant decide which i would say is better at this point primarily becuase they are so different.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I started watching it in the third season, great show. I keep meaning to get the first 2 seasons on dvd.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Now I swear to god I did a search and did not see this thread. Maybe that's good though, I don't want any spoilers. No I did not read this thread.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    Now I swear to god I did a search and did not see this thread. Maybe that's good though, I don't want any spoilers. No I did not read this thread.

he is a serial killer................OOPS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

Damn, I was just about to pop in episode one, but it seems you just ruined it for me ;)
  • Options

oh man... :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Just started watching...halfway through season 1. :)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    I think showtime is gonna start playing it from the beginning. I have to catch up.
  • Options

Hahahahaaaa....smartass

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    Just started watching...halfway through season 1. :)

You are gonna love it. I finally watched all 3 seasons, now I'm waiting..

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06