Options

Assassins Creed

DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone get it? I am thinking about picking it up at lunch.

Any good?
"I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Haven't picked it up yet, but I'm planning on getting it for the PS3. That and Call of Duty 4. Don't think this weekend will be very productive.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I have it ordered from Best Buy (half price, yay!) but haven't received it yet. It isn't released in Canada till tomorrow.
  • Options
    How did you get it for half price?
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    They have a deal (Canada only it seems) if you get COD4 and Assassin's Creed in a package it is 89.99. 89.99 for the package, not one game...
  • Options
    Just came back from FYE. They are sold out, but are getting more tomorrow. DAMN!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    D'oh!
    Didn't check anywhere else?
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    This game is getting very mixed reviews. I've seen anything from 6.7 to 9.0! Not sure what to do yet depends on the Kane and Lynch reviews.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    This game is getting very mixed reviews. I've seen anything from 6.7 to 9.0! Not sure what to do yet depends on the Kane and Lynch reviews.

I saw that too. I think a good number of the bad reviews are from people who don't like the story (there's a twist, and it's very early on) and some who think parts are too hard...
    I'm getting it either way.
    K&L reviews aren't too good either, but you gotta take it with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    D'oh!
    Didn't check anywhere else?

Well these is a Newbury Comics down the street from FYE but it is STORMY AS A MOFO here! I'll wait till tomorrow when they tell they are sold out AGAIN! Hahahahahaha!

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Got it on pre order should come thorough my letterbox tommorow.
    Remember a review is just an opinion of one person in most cases.
    But just so your aware, Famitsu one of the most respected and critical review panels known gave it two 10's, a 9 and a 8, giving it a combined 37/40, 1 less than Mario Galaxy, which they said was the best game ever made.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    This game pisses me off solely cause the commercials are like 30 minutes long.
  • Options
    Remember a review is just an opinion of one person in most cases.

Agreed, which is why I'm getting it anyway.
  • Options
    I picked this up yesterday and must say I am thoroughly impressed. I was skeptical due to the reviews and the fact that they seemed to directly contradict one another on both the gameplay and the story, but I'm having a blast so far.
  • Options
    I picked this up yesterday and must say I am thoroughly impressed. I was skeptical due to the reviews and the fact that they seemed to directly contradict one another on both the gameplay and the story, but I'm having a blast so far.

Good stuff!
  • Options

NICE!!!

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up in the near future.
  • Options
    I should make it clear that I'm only about an hour or so into it, so some issues that some reviews were critical over (repetitive gameplay, boring sidequests, etc) I can't really comment on. But from what I've played I can only see it getting more impressive and even if some of the elements are repetitive it's still cool as hell and delivers on making you feel like you're an assassin.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I should make it clear that I'm only about an hour or so into it, so some issues that some reviews were critical over (repetitive gameplay, boring sidequests, etc) I can't really comment on. But from what I've played I can only see it getting more impressive and even if some of the elements are repetitive it's still cool as hell and delivers on making you feel like you're an assassin.

all games have repetative elements, sometimes reviewers find the most absurd things to nit pick.:rolleyes:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    all games have repetative elements, sometimes reviewers find the most absurd things to nit pick.:rolleyes:

Oh I completely agree. I think the problem is that Assassin's Creed has been hyped so much for so long that some people/reviewers have unrealistic expectations.

If you know nothing about this game and have managed to avoid most of the press for this game in the last year, then you will be in for a real treat.
  • Options
    Oh I completely agree. I think the problem is that Assassin's Creed has been hyped so much for so long that some people/reviewers have unrealistic expectations.

If you know nothing about this game and have managed to avoid most of the press for this game in the last year, then you will be in for a real treat.

Sweet, I just ordered it for PS3, looks like I'll be doing nothing this weekend.
  • Options
    I'm mostly just a sports gamer, but occasionally games like AC come around and I have to check them out...I played for a couple of hours last night and loved it. Looking forward to spending more time playing sometime during the weekend. It's a very cool concept and the execution, so far, has been great.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    Well this finally arrived in the mail yesterday and took over my Xbox.
    It is a pretty damn good game in my opinion. I am not terribly fond of the fighting yet, but I'm not sure if it's because I haven't mastered it or there isn't much to master...
    The gameplay graphics are almost as good as the cutscene graphics, and gameplay and camera control is pretty fluid.
    I haven't gotten into anything serious yet, but am looking forward to exploring side missions (only 3 or 4 types from what I can tell, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to kill every templar I see, but I hope so).
    I reccommend if you have a PS3 or 360.
  • Options
    FINALLY got it on Wednesday! AWESOME! I have only played it for a little while (you know the whole Thanksgiving thing got in the way). I am VERY impressed!!

Graphics are unfreaknbelievable!!

Can't wait to go home and play it tonight!

• Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Options
    I've been playing it nonstop! Great game!
    It does get a bit repetitive but it is fun as hell! And yeah, the graphics are amazing.